Started My Diet...

-3lbs this week, and that brings me up to 42lbs or 3 stone in 9 weeks of slimming..
can't be bad going there... :)

I found a pair of jeans in the bottom of a drawer that I've never worn as they were too small when ordered about 2 years ago..

they are a 60inch waist ( bear in mind my jeans I still wear to work are a 68 ) and I did them up without having to breathe in and they aren't skin tight.. might need a few more weeks before they are "comfy" though..

gotta love it. :)

Sponsored Links
Nice one Col, I'm made up for you. Well done mate, keep it up! :D

If you keep this rate of progress up, you'll be done by what mid summer??

CJ, doing this well, you should phone up the News of the world (or one of the others) and get 'em to do a story on you and your weight loss.... might be worth a few quid too?

Sponsored Links
for those of you who care, I lost 4lbs this week, bringing my total up to 46lbs and just 1lb short of my "club 10" which is when I lose 10% of my starting weight.. and get a free week as a reward :)

as it happens, my consultant said tonight that he is going to write to head office about me and would I be interested in doing an editorial ( whatever that is.. is that like a piece for a mag or something? not really up on my media jargon.. ).

not one for the limelight so I said no thanks for now.. maybe when I've lost a lot more and got some confidence back...

That's an amazing achievement mate. That's about the weight of a bag of cement taken off your hips and knees. It'll be a massive burden off your heart too. Keep it going and keep us posted.

Col, that's fantastic.

Can you let me know exactly what you're doing?

Mrs Secure doesn't want me to croak prematurely, so I need to lose a lot too.

I'm currently around 20 stone 7.

I read a fascinating article in The Times. A quack reckoned leaving out carbs was good as the body could manufacture the carbs it needs from other foods.

It didn't advocate an Atkins diet, though. :cry:

it's Slimming World that I'm doing.. well worth the £5 a week.. or if you go to your doc's and ask him he might give you a referral.. this gets you 12 vouchers for free weeks on the NHS..
I guess it's the same idea as paying for patches or gum for smokers to quit..

you eat lots of fruit and veg, and trim all the fat and skin off any meat, eat as much as you want as long as at least 1/3 of your plate is veg.. ( and no they don't count 'taters as a veg.. )
cut out / down on the beers and sweets and bread etc.. all the "easy" carbs in those makes your metabolism slow because it doesn't have to do much to get the energy out of them..

try http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world for more info etc.. that site covers all of the current "diets" that are about as well as slimming world so you can problably find one that suits you..

Fruit is the big secret. Your body can't hang on to it so you don't get bloated as it has to pass it through. Eat loads of fruit if you want to control your diet.

I just realised that I'm probably on his ignore list and he thinks I'm making insulting posts. :confused:

You're right there, Joe. I have it on good authority that Kev's even on the mod's ignore list. That's why he gets away with so much. :eek:

Fruit is the big secret. Your body can't hang on to it so you don't get bloated as it has to pass it through. Eat loads of fruit if you want to control your diet.

I just realised that I'm probably on his ignore list and he thinks I'm making insulting posts. :confused:

No, I took you off my ignore list a while ago..

Well put me back on it. I've got a reputation to keep.

Sponsored Links
Back