Tesco

Sponsored Links
I don't think they'll find it. It'll look like most of the population in London.
Lol, funny! As you're doing some stereotypes here, I'll join in:
Another excellent item from Lidl is their steaks!! Wonderful value meats.
Tesco's meat products are rancid, I wouldn't even feed it to the dogs.
When I was at Uni in Edinburgh I was quite amazed at seeing lots of Farm Foods - mass produced rubbish sold off as meat. Not to mention wanting everything battered and fried and what the heck is haggis all about?

So I'll just have to take your word for it over Lidl quality.... *cheeky grins*

The wild organic Haggis, living on heather shoots on the upper reaches of Scots mountains, has now been hunted almost to extinction and is a protected species. Due to its unusual leg conformation, it cannot survive on flat ground. The two varieties are cross-fertile, but unable to mate on the hillside.

The mock haggis usually served now, is made of chopped sheeps' lungs and other internal organs, with oats, stuffed inside a boiled sheep's stomach, and boiled. It is technically a sausage, though often referred to as a pudding.

You may find the Tesco one is made with bits of cow, which is not correct.

Faggots are a sort of meatball containing pigs' livers and minced skin, with crushed bread, which is different.

If you buy a pack of Brains faggots, they do not contain brains, but are two-thirds a sauce made primarily of water and lard, and one third faggots. The meat proportion is negligible at 7% of the pack contents.

Ingredients
West Country Sauce (62%) contains Water, Lard, Wheat Flour, Modified Maize Starch, Tomato Puree, Salt, Colour (E150c), Yeast Extract, Sugar, Onion Flavour, Spice & Herb Extracts (Celery).

Pork Faggots (38%) contains Water, Rusks, Rehydrated Pork Rind, Pork Liver (15%), Onion, Pork (4%), Pork Fat, Wheat Flour, Salt, Sage, Spice Extracts.

("rind" means skin)

Sponsored Links
Faggots are a sort of meatball containing pigs' livers and minced skin, with crushed bread, which is different.

If you buy a pack of Brains faggots, they do not contain brains, but are two-thirds a sauce made primarily of water and lard, and one third faggots. The meat proportion is negligible at 7% of the pack contents.
And are quite delicious.

Back