The Eu withdrawal is a mess because of the EU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you repeat that in English?

And what point are you trying to make exactly?

Apart from linking to an article that totally blows away your original 'argument', and in fact shows the opposite of what you claimed!

I'm sorry to hear you struggle with plain English.

Sponsored Links
I'm sorry to hear you struggle with plain English.
Probably because you can't write it!

But hey, Camoron came back with a 'deal' that basically backed up the 'status quo' of our relationship within the EU...

The UK has opt outs which are enshrined in law, and yet you claim they are not.

Any further proof you can provide to back up your 'argument'? - which you have plainly failed to do so far!

The EU risks giving itself a huge headache

Or to put it another way, "The UK risks giving itself a huge headache"

We knew long before the referendum that Financial Services adds more to the UK economy than the whole of our manufacturing sector, and we chose to resign from the EU and to declare that we did not intend to obey EU rules.

We know that, since our government has had difficulty deciding what it wants to do, two years of uncertainty has led to companies setting up bases outside the UK. Including Jacob Rice-Pudd's company. They know which side their bread's buttered on.

FTDeutscheBank.jpg

Or to put it another way, "The UK risks giving itself a huge headache"

Or to put it another way, no matter which way JohnD wants to look at it, if the London financial centre gets grabbed by the EU, it will get fragmented and the EU will have a headache. The only likely winner would be New York.

JohnD like all remainers is too in love with 'the project'

Sponsored Links
Or to put it another way, no matter which way JohnD wants to look at it, if the London financial centre gets grabbed by the EU, it will get fragmented and the EU will have a headache. The only likely winner would be New York.

JohnD like all remainers is too in love with 'the project'

So, you are saying, either the eu wins, or New York wins? Either is good for the UK ?

You were saying?

The move is largely symbolic and was widely expected given that Deutsche Bank’s home base is in Frankfurt, where the bank is also transferring some other activities due to Brexit.

The Deutsche Bank spokesman said no jobs were being transferred and that the bank was effectively pushing a different button to route the clearing to Eurex, Deutsche Boerse’s clearing division.

International banks with European bases in London have already been opening hubs in the EU to avoid Brexit disrupting their business.

International banks with European bases in London have already been opening hubs in the EU to avoid Brexit disrupting their business.

Notch is only saying that because he knows the benefits of the Single Market and hates Britain profiting from them.

Like all Quitters, he wants to see the UK suffer.

Probably because you can't write it!

But hey, Camoron came back with a 'deal' that basically backed up the 'status quo' of our relationship within the EU...

The UK has opt outs which are enshrined in law, and yet you claim they are not.

Any further proof you can provide to back up your 'argument'? - which you have plainly failed to do so far!

You seem to have completely misunderstood what I've said.

If you thought a vote to remain was to carry on as we were, you would have been wrong.

I can't dumb that down any more.

You didn't address my point with what you posted about one of the concessions Cameron negotiated before the referendum.

I can't dumb that down any more.

I'm sorry you struggle so much with simple English. I think confusing my ability to write and your ability to understand is the first hurdle you need to clear.

My father remembers Harold Macmillan coming back from Germany holding aloft a piece of paper declaring "Peace in our time" Yep that too wasn't worth the cost of the ink used to sign it.
Glad to see you called him Camoron though. ;)

The move is largely symbolic and was widely expected given that Deutsche Bank’s home base is in Frankfurt, where the bank is also transferring some other activities due to Brexit.
So why did Deutsche Bank have such a large base in London given it's home (as you say) is in Frankfurt?

Because there is no doubt London is (at present) the major financial hub in the world...
(we'll ignore the ethics of that status at this point)

However post Brexit, access to the EU (the biggest trading area in the world) may well be restricted.
And thus in the time honoured tradition of profit before people/ethics, Deutsche Bank is simply doing what most financial institutions will end up doing upon actual Brexit...

Get the hell out of a one trick town!

You didn't address my point with what you posted about one of the concessions Cameron negotiated before the referendum.
I'm afraid I did...

It wasn't a 'concession', it was just a commitment to the 'status quo'.

A 'status quo' that the leave campaign claimed didn't exist, but exist it did!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back