We do world class recessions

The straw man of infinite money - know you have lost the argument with arguments like that.

Sorry you don't.

You’ll never see them stick up for a white working class lad.

You clearly have no clue mate when you posted this.

Ha ha ha so you really think that by printing more money will magically just alleviate our debt with absolutely no knock on effect.

Oh dear oh dear.

There was the huge budget deficit, collapse of the banks, the ever increasing amount of businesses leaving the UK for cheaper harder working labour elsewhere, the massive cost over runs of anything to do with government backed projects, the debts of house holds, there is a lot of reasons as to why the government thought it best to go into austerity measures.

This is a good read
https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2015/05/why-austerity-was-the-right-policy-for-the-uk/

There is no strawman argument here.

Onto what rishi is doing now.

In the light of Brexit coming the plan was to increase public spending to increase consumer and business confidence. By increasing this more money will be pumped into the economy and the idea was that this might just provide the UK with the boyancey required to alleviate us from going into a recession in the event of an ever likely no deal, with the idea being that we'll worry about the debt later.

Unfortunately however covid came along and scuppered that plan and now he had to borrow big for the above reasons but also this time to try and alleviate the damage to the working class and keep people from ending up living on the streets so we do t see something akin to the great depression again.

Only time will tell whether it will work or not.

Now I've given you a detailed reply maybe you can do the same, as yet you have provided now worthy argument to back up your claims

Sponsored Links
Tens of millions of the poorest suffered from austerity whilst the richest profited...

But a quick shake of the 'magic money tree' has suddenly provided more funds than was cut in the previous decade...

The tories have killed more UK citizens than covid, and will continue to do so!

The world needs the rich to get richer, if they get poorer who do you think suffers then?

Yeah the poor because the rich will cut them of quick sharp to save their own arses, they can't have less than a couple of mill in the bank, they might need it for a rainy day.

If my boss who owns the company gets poor what do you think will happen? He'll make people redundant. If this redundant people can't pay there bills it has a knock on effect to the next business etc and further reduncies bla bla bla.

It's really quite simple, unless we become a communist state we will always rely on the rich getting richer

Austerity - Tory style for the last decade was ideologically driven - it was way more harsher than was required and the results are in a decade of poor wage growth, productivity etc.

You know damn well it wasn't entirely driven by ideology. Most of europe were under austerity measures, and they didn't have a conservative Govt. You're well aware of the constraints on the spending/borrowing as dictated by the Maastricht treaty, I believe we've had this discussion before.

Anyway, 22 european countries re-opened there schools in May, ours are still shut and the Unions and teachers are bleating about the possibility of them re-opening in September.
How is this the fault of the Govt?, and please don't suggest it's because the gutters are leaking and the doors creak.

The world needs the rich to get richer, if they get poorer who do you think suffers then?

Yeah the poor because the rich will cut them of quick sharp to save their own arses, they can't have less than a couple of mill in the bank, they might need it for a rainy day.

If my boss who owns the company gets poor what do you think will happen? He'll make people redundant. If this redundant people can't pay there bills it has a knock on effect to the next business etc and further reduncies bla bla bla.
Ah, the numpty who believes in the 'trickle down' effect...:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
it was way more harsher than was required and the results are in a decade of poor wage growth

Poor wage growth was down to Globalisation and the free flow of cheap labour from Easter Europe, that's why company profits and executive pay soared during the same period.

Ah, the numpty who believes in the 'trickle down' effect...:rolleyes:

Provide some proof that this isn't the case and change my mind the...

I doubt you will as the moment a discussion gets to difficult for you, suddenly go incognito.

Schools re-opened in 22 European countries back in May. Ours are still largely shut and the Unions and teachers are bleating about the fact they may re-open in September.
The economy can't recover until parents/workers have childcare/schools.
it’s a national disgrace, we’re a global laughing stock. these ‘professionals’ ‘educated’ people should be ashamed.

So what's your criteria?

After all the government hasn't got a bloody clue, and changes it's advice daily!
the government know what constitutes a vulnerable person where covid is concerned. plus I would suggest anyone who feels vulnerable or compromised with good reason . the point is. millions of people feel confident and not vulnerable to covid who could be sensibly practising business and have been keeping the economy ticking over.

Doesn't come as a surprise when it comes to this Government- every competent Tory has either lost their seat or been sidelined. The boat crossing migrant issue came just at the right time.

Screenshot-2020-08-12-at-08.12.58-550x521.png

Just another silly tory bashing post.
Wondered when you would stick yer head above the parapet again.

I
Ha ha ha so you really think that by printing more money will magically just alleviate our debt with absolutely no knock on effect.

Oh dear oh dear.

There was the huge budget deficit, collapse of the banks, the ever increasing amount of businesses leaving the UK for cheaper harder working labour elsewhere, the massive cost over runs of anything to do with government backed projects, the debts of house holds, there is a lot of reasons as to why the government thought it best to go into austerity measures.

This is a good read
https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2015/05/why-austerity-was-the-right-policy-for-the-uk/

There is no strawman argument here.

Onto what rishi is doing now.

In the light of Brexit coming the plan was to increase public spending to increase consumer and business confidence. By increasing this more money will be pumped into the economy and the idea was that this might just provide the UK with the boyancey required to alleviate us from going into a recession in the event of an ever likely no deal, with the idea being that we'll worry about the debt later.

Unfortunately however covid came along and scuppered that plan and now he had to borrow big for the above reasons but also this time to try and alleviate the damage to the working class and keep people from ending up living on the streets so we do t see something akin to the great depression again.

Only time will tell whether it will work or not.

Now I've given you a detailed reply maybe you can do the same, as yet you have provided now worthy argument to back up your claims

You have just proven you don't know how money works.

Can you tell me how the bank multiplier effect works?

So private debt becomes a liability for the Government to repay? You are just grasping at straws - lol

Niall Ferguson - he's a joke - no wonder you picked that nonce he's up there with the Brexit economist Minford. Ferguson a historian - in case you didn't know.

https://www.businessinsider.com/nia...on-economics-keynes-comments-2013-5?r=US&IR=T

Well you best tell Rishi - we are in a recession then.

If you think that is a detailed reply - lol.

Sponsored Links
Back