What’s your view on the latest coronavirus briefing?

Sponsored Links
No. The right wing don't. You're the only person on this forum that talks about 'brown people in boats'. You have the problem, no-one else. Stuff the dead cat.

And what about being more tolerant, eh? Applies to others, not you?

Yes they do.

the right wing governments of Johnson and Trump ferment hatred. They use the tactics of nationalism and populism to garner support.

and in this country they are supported by the right wing media, esp the Daily Mail, Express and the Telegraph.

but since you voted for Johnson and brexit you cant see it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

No. The right wing don't. You're the only person on this forum that talks about 'brown people in boats'. You have the problem, no-one else. Stuff the dead cat.

And what about being more tolerant, eh? Applies to others, not you?

Yes they do.

the right wing governments of Johnson and Trump ferment hatred. They use the tactics of nationalism and populism to garner support.

and in this country they are supported by the right wing media, esp the Daily Mail, Express and the Telegraph.

but since you voted for Johnson and brexit you cant see it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

go and have a cup of tea and cheer up, you really are a misery arent you :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
For a smart man Ceres, you're being daft. There is no argument to what you say, no point to be made and you're making yourself look silly.

If you talk about tolerance, perhaps you should pick up on those posters who wish to shoot/drown the 'parasites'.
Sigh.

no Im correct -this Tory government won an election on populism and nationalism
Johnson used the strategies of Steve Bannon who did the same thing for Trump -trump wins by stoking hatred and fear

the Tory government using Cumming game playing has stoked up division

look at all the hatred towards Tory remain MPs
look at the hatred towards John Bercow.

why? -because Cummngs strategy was unite all the different Brexit factions by getting united against a common enemy: its the "will of the people" argument

The problem with your argument is that it is based on the belief that more integration is automatically a good thing and if you don't want more integration you're a automatically a hater, a rascist, stupid and either deluded or just misguided by Cummings et al.

However, there is an alternative view that i believe the majority subscribe to, which is they are happy with some immigration, just not to much to fast. They don't hate immigrants, but want immigrants to adapt to their country's culture and way of life and not the other way round. They are happy with the existence of the EU, they just don't want to be part of its ever closer philosophy and its one size fits all style of governance. They don't hate remainers, but they are frustrated with the minority trying to block the democratically chosen path of the majority.

You can call it Nationalism, populism, tribalism, or whatever you want. But its not fundamentally wrong to have that view, its just different to the 'politically correct' view that we should all merge into one superstate with no differentiation and less and less say over who governs us.

Last edited:
Also Ryler hadn’t thrown insults at me (yet).
Any other queries?

Sorry, above postings out of sync with thread. Was away from phone for a while. Replying to Notch.

So, you swerve your racist 'brown people in boats' obsession and resort to insult. Why am I not surprised.

You brought up tolerance, matey. Not me.

There are a couple of people on here whose views are as far at one end of the political spectrum as yours are at the other. And they're just as unpalatable as yours. They are not the majority - the majority that you tar with the same brush as those at the extreme, just because they don't agree with you. You are not the arbiter of correct political opinion. Shouting louder and more distastefully than anyone else will not change that.
Do you think you're replying to Notch while highlighting my post? Seems that way.

For the record, 'Brown people in boats' I am pretty sure (though am not Notch) was a tongue in cheek swipe at the people who worry about immigration for the wrong reasons - the racist reasons and/or voted brexit on the back of that.

Saying it doesn't make Notch racist. He was having a pop at racists and that is clear to see.

You've leapt to the wrong conclusion and never taken the description he used in context to what else was written, nor taken into account Notch has never been racist on here - quite the opposite.

As I said, you're making yourself look like a numpty, you've got the wrong end of the stick and for some reason, you can't see that even when pointed out to you and you just won't let it go. It's odd behaviour imo.

The problem with your argument is that it is based on the belief that more integration is automatically a good thing and if you don't want more integration you're a automatically a hater, a rascist, stupid and either deluded or just misguided by Cummings et al.
non sequitur

I have made no claim that more integration is automatically a good thing

I claim, which is easily backed up with evidence that this government and its brexit campaign use the strategies of hatred and xenophobia to divide and conquer

file-20180502-153895-1v7m5y.png

Notch. You seem to believe people couldn’t make up there own minds on there own experiences. At what point during the campaign did you make your mind up which way to vote? im guessing that you knew from day 1. Why do you assume that we were all swayed posters on buses etc...

Notch. You seem to believe people couldn’t make up there own minds on there own experiences. At what point during the campaign did you make your mind up which way to vote? im guessing that you knew from day 1. Why do you assume that we were all swayed posters on buses etc...

Notch7 voted for Brexit.

Sponsored Links
Back