What Are You Doing To Mitigate The Impact Of War In The Ukraine ??

Sponsored Links
Weel - we cheanged the front door mulit lock ourselves, the gear box on it. We go a bit of help here from the diy forums and researched youtube
saved closed to 170 quid, fact.

The paint deterioration was mostly the covers on the actual generators which I assume need replacing or hopefully servicing from time to time.

France and Sweden didn't follow many others route to power generation. They went very nuclear. Probably down to resources. First oil and then gas was our cheapest option. I believe Sweden has phased it out. France on the way. But hang on we seem to need it

This reminds me of something. B'ham had cable internet available early on so I took it up with TV. The Discovery channel was simpler, early days and one of the documentaries featured 2 of the original green peace people - apologising for campaigning against nuclear due to the amount of coal burnt as a result. Pointing out that this area needs to be realistic about what it hopes to achieve. The reason this sort of thing happens is pretty simple - votes. Being realistic doesn't always figure in ways of getting votes more so the more difficult it is to achieve the aims. It's a general feature of politics in any area.

:mrgreen::mrgreen: So I had B'ham cable. Bought up by another group who then were bought up by Virgin. Net effect is that if I want cable I have to use Virgin. B'ham cable was set up by a USA company. This is a crazy way to set up a network country wide. LOL Afraid Corbyn has a point. BT was left with major web trunks. Part paid for via our phone bills. The rest is supposed to provide competition. ISP's could still provide that even if BT took on the lot on but is it sensible to have a company with a monopoly? My ISP also has my land line that must use BT. ;) I ditched cable but no point in mentioning why. The same problems exist in several areas.

What are open reach doing a lot of - minor improvements to land lines for better web performance.

Another one but more subtle. Think it's ESSO. No more stuff from Russia at all due to public pressure. There is a plan. A solution can not be quick so lets bring our own problems on even sooner.

The main problem is what is our government doing currently to bring on solutions at a rate of knots? Can they ever do anything quickly or even get things started.

Russia of course is threatening sanction back if ideas spread. Surprising that isn't it.

Sponsored Links
The paint deterioration was mostly the covers on the actual generators which I assume need replacing or hopefully servicing from time to time.
Sounds like the nacelle. They do get serviced internally, its just that they probably can't be bothered to paint it, due to cost.

This reminds me of something. B'ham had cable internet available early on so I took it up with TV. The Discovery channel was simpler, early days and one of the documentaries featured 2 of the original green peace people - apologising for campaigning against nuclear due to the amount of coal burnt as a result. Pointing out that this area needs to be realistic about what it hopes to achieve. The reason this sort of thing happens is pretty simple - votes. Being realistic doesn't always figure in ways of getting votes more so the more difficult it is to achieve the aims. It's a general feature of politics in any area.
Meanwhile, Germany is digging up lignite coal and closing nuclear plants.
:mrgreen::mrgreen: So I had B'ham cable. Bought up by another group who then were bought up by Virgin. Net effect is that if I want cable I have to use Virgin. B'ham cable was set up by a USA company. This is a crazy way to set up a network country wide. LOL Afraid Corbyn has a point. BT was left with major web trunks. Part paid for via our phone bills. The rest is supposed to provide competition. ISP's could still provide that even if BT took on the lot on but is it sensible to have a company with a monopoly? My ISP also has my land line that must use BT. ;) I ditched cable but no point in mentioning why. The same problems exist in several areas.

What are open reach doing a lot of - minor improvements to land lines for better web performance.
Try living in Hull. We don't even have BT.

Chatter about as predicted by me that Ms Putin is considering cutting off Gas to the UK/Eu.

It could be considered as an act of war just as Ms Putin referred to the UK/US/EU sanctions.

If it happens prices will shoot up - I guess those bits of **** you see on peoples roofs in rubbish areas called solar panels will take off again.

Personally, we are considering a wind turbine as we have a big garden and a 40 footer can be place at the rear of the garden and conifers about fifty feet in front of it so we dont have to see the eye sore.

We shall see.

Had my Iceland delivery today. Will do another when I next get paid.
Bought lots of pasta and some flour - Russia and Ukraine are among the largest wheat exporters in in the World.
I need more of both though. And rice.

Covid shortages are we down to supply and demand - we never ran out. We could run out this year.

I've already reduced energy usage as much as possible.

Might build and Anderson shelter - the kids have plans and a model from a primary school project. Just need to find a massive tin ...

Germany is digging up lignite coal

I am wondering if we'll be forced to open up some coal mines. That would be pretty bonkers. Think we only recently blew up the last of the giant coal power station chimneys, didn't we?

Had my Iceland delivery today. Will do another when I next get paid.
Bought lots of pasta and some flour - Russia and Ukraine are among the largest wheat exporters in in the World.
I need more of both though. And rice.

Covid shortages are we down to supply and demand - we never ran out. We could run out this year.

I've already reduced energy usage as much as possible.

Might build and Anderson shelter - the kids have plans and a model from a primary school project. Just need to find a massive tin ...

Sincerely appreciate, we too will stock up pasta and flour!!

Thanks

I am wondering if we'll be forced to open up some coal mines. That would be pretty bonkers. Think we only recently blew up the last of the giant coal power station chimneys, didn't we?
Not sure if Drax could return to coal. But wouldn't it be really difficult* to reopen a coal mine. If they are flooded, I'm not sure how you would do it. It could be that some are still theoretically openable, but I just hope it doesn't come to that.

* - By difficult, I mean completely uneconomic.

So do we! Don't think we'll need one TBH.. Although my sister still has a brick bomb shelter in her garden. You can't really dig down around here without hitting water.

Not sure if Drax could return to coal. But wouldn't it be really difficult* to reopen a coal mine. If they are flooded, I'm not sure how you would do it. It could be that some are still theoretically openable, but I just hope it doesn't come to that.

* - By difficult, I mean completely uneconomic.

Yeah, don't suppose it will be easy. But maybe if the gas dries up then in a few year we might need to look at that as an option.
Who knows how long it will be before we start getting Russian gas again. Maybe never.

So do we! Don't think we'll need one TBH.. Although my sister still has a brick bomb shelter in her garden. You can't really dig down around here without hitting water.

Free tip. If you have space under your floorboard at least 5 feet and you house is mid terraced etc build a bunker in there and two exit points.

Sponsored Links
Back