Will you be using the track and trace app?

Assuming you have a suitable phone, will you be using the track and trace app?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
The 'gold plated' app or the totally useless borisconi app?

No - only because my Samsung Galaxy J3 smart phone is incompatible. I'll have to wait until my kids upgrade their phones again as us oldies always use their cast offs ;)

EDIT - My phone is a J3 not J6

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
the new one. Yep

Originally it was a no, because I wasn't sure if the app could be a mechanism requiring you to self isolate under threat of prosecution. But that is not the case.

EDIT: My Gym is now mandating it, so Yes.

Last edited:
the new one. Yep

Originally it was a no, because I wasn't sure if the app could be a mechanism requiring you to self isolate under threat of prosecution. But that is not the case.

EDIT: My Gym is now mandating it, so Yes.

Is your gym banning those members with incompatible phones?

I have, I did it about two weeks ago, it is apparently working well

My one probably will not work in England but who knows??

Why would you not download it, more information for you to know if you may have been infected.

You then make decisions for yourself.

Thing is, while it checks you into a pub or other venue (if any actually have a QR code - many do not) it does not check you out so if you leave and someone comes in 20 minutes later you then
get told you must isolate.

I do not trust our government to keep the data they collect from me (and they can identify the phone it comes from and thus who you are) private.
Either they give it away, sell it or just let hackers get to it.

It's supposed to be available to install - I cant find it on the play store.

Why would you not download it, more information for you to know if you may have been infected.

You then make decisions for yourself.

Lad at work is sitting on his sofa, and has just downloaded it. He's just WhatsApp 'd me about it.

It has told him he's been in contact with someone who's tested positive, and he now has to self-isolate.

Has he caught it watching emmerdale?

On my app store it is front and central, you cannot miss it??

If you need it ? up here look for ---

Protect-Scotland

Way, Way over 1.M so far up here out of [about] 5.5M in less than a week??

Just wait until the English Universities get back?

Woo Hoo spread on steroids!!

Just have a look at what the Uni-Students are doing up here???

Thing is, while it checks you into a pub or other venue (if any actually have a QR code - many do not) it does not check you out so if you leave and someone comes in 20 minutes later you then
get told you must isolate.
So no different than giving your name and contact number in then? Many were giving false contact details anyway - at least you’ll know if you’ve been in contact and can isolate and avoid others if you feel responsible enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back