Will you be using the track and trace app?

Assuming you have a suitable phone, will you be using the track and trace app?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
TBF I don't think comparisons of say Sweden and Iceland to the UK are particularly useful, as Sweden has a population density of approx 10% that of the UK and Iceland has a population density of approx 1% of the UK.

Sponsored Links
Well that’s another thing Ellal was bragging about - Iceland had tested 10% of their population whilst the U.K. had only tested 0.5% of theirs. Percentages, you’ll note, not actual numbers but then they wouldn’t suit his stance would they - 36,500 v 333,250. :whistle:

Last edited:
TBF I don't think comparisons of say Sweden and Iceland to the UK are particularly useful, as Sweden has a population density of approx 10% that of the UK and Iceland has a population density of approx 1% of the UK.

Sweden is a poor example by the RWR as explained below.

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...covid-fantasy-land-thats-sweden-to-you-and-me

Take two people: one living in Malmö, the other in Manchester. When a Swede loses his or her job they are entitled to up to 80% of their previous salary for the first 200 days of inactivity – up to 910 krona (£78) a day for the first 100 days – dropping to 70% (to a maximum of 760 krona a day) for the next 100 days. Danes who are members of unemployment insurance funds can claim up to 90%. As importantly, Sweden is “the best place in the world to lose your job” because employers pay a levy to job security councils whose coaches seek you out and match your skills and ambitions with the market.

The fantasy land of Sweden where sickness never comes is a fairytale. By not locking down in the spring, Sweden had a more protracted outbreak with far more deaths per capita than its neighbours. Admittedly, its death rate was not as bad as Britain’s. But then no European country had a death rate as bad as Britain’s because no other European country put the village idiot in charge. Nor did the “mastermind” Tegnell save the Swedish economy. Spending fell by nearly as much in Sweden, which did not lock down, as in Denmark, which did. As for the claim that Sweden would avoid a second wave, Swedish health officials are now proposing local lockdowns of a type we know too well. Sweden may not have been spared the storm but it has lessons on how to shelter society until the storm passes. However deeply it claims to love Scandinavia, the Conservative party is the last organisation on Earth willing to learn from it.

Sweden is a poor example by the RWR as explained below.

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...covid-fantasy-land-thats-sweden-to-you-and-me

Take two people: one living in Malmö, the other in Manchester. When a Swede loses his or her job they are entitled to up to 80% of their previous salary for the first 200 days of inactivity – up to 910 krona (£78) a day for the first 100 days – dropping to 70% (to a maximum of 760 krona a day) for the next 100 days. Danes who are members of unemployment insurance funds can claim up to 90%. As importantly, Sweden is “the best place in the world to lose your job” because employers pay a levy to job security councils whose coaches seek you out and match your skills and ambitions with the market.

The fantasy land of Sweden where sickness never comes is a fairytale. By not locking down in the spring, Sweden had a more protracted outbreak with far more deaths per capita than its neighbours. Admittedly, its death rate was not as bad as Britain’s. But then no European country had a death rate as bad as Britain’s because no other European country put the village idiot in charge. Nor did the “mastermind” Tegnell save the Swedish economy. Spending fell by nearly as much in Sweden, which did not lock down, as in Denmark, which did. As for the claim that Sweden would avoid a second wave, Swedish health officials are now proposing local lockdowns of a type we know too well. Sweden may not have been spared the storm but it has lessons on how to shelter society until the storm passes. However deeply it claims to love Scandinavia, the Conservative party is the last organisation on Earth willing to learn from it.

Well I'm sure that's all correct, but the analysis is so complicated, making country by country comparisons is very shaky.

Sponsored Links
Well I'm sure that's all correct, but the analysis is so complicated, making country by country comparisons is very shaky.

All the same it's pretty clear the UK has done pretty rubbish.

Track and trace being one example.

Perhaps we should have adopted the Icelandic version you lauded a while ago.

Tell me, how’s it going over there now? Oops, just remembered, they’ve just been added to the list of quarantined countries in the UK. Why’s that? (Only asking again because you seemed to have missed it when I asked, twice, in the original thread the other day). "So successful".
Yep, very successful...

They used their system to locate two French tourists who flouted the quarantine laws and caused a blip in cases...

Linky Linky

They can even distinguish between different strains...

The UK version can't even communicate properly with it's own database (!)

Well that’s another thing Ellal was bragging about - Iceland had tested 10% of their population whilst the U.K. had only tested 0.5% of theirs. Percentages, you’ll note, not actual numbers but then they wouldn’t suit his stance would they - 36,500 v 333,250. :whistle:
Well death rates percentage wise in relation to population...

Iceland deaths from Covid - 0.00003%

UK Deaths from Covid - 0.00062%

Approximately 20 times higher in the UK...

Why's that?

But then I guess that doesn't suit your 'stance' :)

You weren’t talking about deaths, you were saying how good their track and trace system was. And now the infection is rising so much over there, we won’t let them into the U.K. without quarantine. I’ll ask again, why is that? Hey, that wasn’t where you were emigrating to, was it? No wonder you can’t go at the moment!

Last edited:
You weren’t talking about deaths, you were saying how good their track and trace system was. And now the infection is rising so much over there, we won’t let them into the
Which bit of the above posts don't you understand?

You really are rather slow, old man :LOL:

But would you care to tell us why the death rate is 20 times higher in the UK than in Iceland?

Actual numbers of deaths in Iceland -10. Actual numbers of deaths in UK - 42,000 (revised down)

Does that make it easier for you given you apparently require 'actual numbers' rather than percentages?

Hey, that wasn’t where you were emigrating to, was it? No wonder you can’t go at the moment!

tedious_picking.JPG

The bit where you said the pandemic had prevented you from moving there. (n)
tedious_picking.JPG

But let's try again shall we...

Would you care to tell us why the death rate is 20 times higher in the UK than in Iceland?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back