Will you be using the track and trace app?

Assuming you have a suitable phone, will you be using the track and trace app?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Is your gym banning those members with incompatible phones?
They have a paper form to complete but the staff really don’t want the hassle. They’ve already lost half their membership and had to close much of the facility but I feel sorry for the workers. Mostly minimum wage, so I keep my membership going and try to use it most days. It’s not hard to sanitise the kit before and after you use it.
Thing is, while it checks you into a pub or other venue (if any actually have a QR code - many do not) it does not check you out so if you leave and someone comes in 20 minutes later you then
get told you must isolate.

I do not trust our government to keep the data they collect from me (and they can identify the phone it comes from and thus who you are) private.
Either they give it away, sell it or just let hackers get to it.

It's supposed to be available to install - I cant find it on the play store.

you are right not to trust the data. Privacy laws are very easy to bypass. DMPs can reconstruct the hashed data very easily.

Used mine for the first time this morning - checked in at a beauty parlour in our High Street! I only popped in to buy a gift voucher for my Sisters birthday present but they stopped me as soon as I started to talk and asked me to check in first. A bit pointless really as I wouldn’t have been there for the 15 minutes required even if I had a Covid infected person stood next to me but hey, at least it’s better to err on the side of safety than on the side of laxness. I suppose if I didn’t have a smartphone they would have wanted my contact details. Fair enough, their shop, their policy and I feel that they are doing all they can to protect their staff and customers, including my Sister when she goes there. (y)

Edit: I’ve just printed out a couple of NHS QR code check in posters for my workshop, should I ever work there again!

Last edited:
I downloaded it last night.
Then spent 6 mins watching it 'scan'. It just hung on that page. Refreshed a couple of times, it did the same again.

So I deleted the app. What a waste of time.

Sponsored Links
I downloaded it last night.
Then spent 6 mins watching it 'scan'. It just hung on that page. Refreshed a couple of times, it did the same again.

AFAIK, that’s what it’s supposed to do. It’s just to let you know it’s running. It will be permanently scanning and if you’ve been to the same place as a positive tester, you will receive a message. Likewise, if you have tested positive and entered your result, all those who have been within 2 metres of you for 15 minutes will also be notified.

been to beefeater for dinner.
had to sign in with contact details.
name : matt han cock
tel no: 07777777777.

Of course, why wouldn't you?

"People in England who test negative for Covid-19 are unable to share the result with the new NHS app for England and Wales if they did not book the test through it in the first place.
The app asks for a code to register a test result but a code is only received if the test is positive.
Those who enter that they have symptoms without entering a result find a self-isolation countdown begins.
There are also some positive results which cannot be uploaded."

There's another load of taxpayer dosh that borisconi and goebbels are passing off to their chums for a useless bit of software!

"People in England who test negative for Covid-19 are unable to share the result with the new NHS app for England and Wales if they did not book the test through it in the first place.
The app asks for a code to register a test result but a code is only received if the test is positive.
Those who enter that they have symptoms without entering a result find a self-isolation countdown begins.
There are also some positive results which cannot be uploaded."

There's another load of taxpayer dosh that borisconi and goebbels are passing off to their chums for a useless bit of software!
Perhaps we should have adopted the Icelandic version you lauded a while ago.

"As usual the UK government does everything too late and believes it is the best at everything. And why a 'trial run' when one has successfully been run in Iceland. So successful (along with testing, which hasn't been solved here) that the country effectively came out of lockdown yesterday.So why don't we adopt their tested and proven app? Because unlike the system being developed for the UK, it doesn't have a central database!"

Tell me, how’s it going over there now? Oops, just remembered, they’ve just been added to the list of quarantined countries in the UK. Why’s that? (Only asking again because you seemed to have missed it when I asked, twice, in the original thread the other day). "So successful". :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back