70 ,000 NHS

If you were to know that Covid wouldn't do you harm (as in permanent or long term) why on earth would anyone get vaccinated for it?
Do you get a flu jab every year?

Flu is a big killer yet i don't see any government mandates to be vaccinated against it.

The logic on display is nuts. Most people who have chosen to be vaccinated are. Leave the rest be ffs.

Sponsored Links
It is the point. I made it.
HMG is lying to us about omicron, always has.

You want to babble on about something irrelevant and claim it's relevant to that point. Troll.

You are the one trolling and name calling, trying to force feed irrelevant data from a speculaative web site to fit your flawed agument. You are now blocked.

If you were to know that Covid wouldn't do you harm (as in permanent or long term) why on earth would anyone get vaccinated for it?
we dont know that

for instance I wouldnt call symptoms 15 weeks later as "no harm"

Up to one in seven (14%) children and young people who caught SARS-CoV-2 may have symptoms linked to the virus 15 weeks later, suggest preliminary findings from the world’s largest study on long Covid in children, led by UCL and Public Health England researchers
https://www.ucl.ac.uk/news/2021/sep/first-findings-worlds-largest-study-long-covid-children

Sponsored Links
not about passing it on

I think the passing it on change due to vaccination information from track and trace is rather weak as they can't account for what a household does to avoid others catching it.

That just leaves speeded up recovery times. In terms of a population and random passing an infection on events that will change infection levels. Assuming recovery is speeded up. This relates more to people who don't notice they have it. Vaccination may increase the numbers of those.

Last edited:
Flu is a big killer yet i don't see any government mandates to be vaccinated against it.

UK: Free NHS flu vaccines to all over 50, all working in care - free vaccines is a government mandate, surely?

US: "Everyone 6 months of age and older should get an influenza (flu) vaccine every season with rare exception. CDC’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices has made this recommendation since the 2010-2011 flu season." https://www.cdc.gov/flu/prevent/flushot.htm

No doubt other governments have similar policies.

All it produces is, for example, people on here claiming there are hundreds dying of covid every day, looking daft. No evidence of that, at all.

death rates have never been all that useful for data -its very hard to show primary cause of death

and yes I know numbers in hospital do not distinguish between those that were hospitalised for another reason and those due to covid.

but thats not evidence covid is no longer a concern.

All this chatter about Omicron. Has anyone bothered to look at the vaccine surveillance report? Less effect against symptomatic infections. Actually Pf has said 4 jabs are a good idea. The less effect is good ;) more likely to know you have it. What it means in practice will take a while.to sort out. Booster effects as well.

The same report shows natural antibody prevalence against age and area. No surprises there really. Whole population figures show what would be expected. Broken down they show variations. Large ones.

:) Needed to do some shopping - diy stuff. Interesting. Plenty of traders about all wearing masks Some diy'rs too the same. Shops not very busy other than one food store. Over short space of time I saw several go in - no mask. Probably why levels around here are higher than the national average.

Denso13 has just provided this link which disproves what you say

would you care to comment?

https://news.yahoo.com/calling-omicron-mild-mistake-warns-185511046.html

scaremongering

they were saying it was mild 2 weeks ago..

https://www.reuters.com/business/he...n-affects-upper-respiratory-tract-2022-01-04/

At the end of the day the results are that it is far less serious than initially thought, although the number of infections is vastly higher, the number of deaths vastly lower,

There is currently 10+weeks of data in 128 different countries, facts remain the facts, Omicron IS milder than Delta and original covid.

although the number of infections is vastly higher, the number of deaths vastly lower,

Vastly lower? We haven't had this level of daily deaths since the winter 2021 wave.
Daily deaths are about double they were in June 2020, which was 6 months before we had a vaccine.

It's strange that people are just saying this is nothing.

Sponsored Links
Back