873,784 vaccinated in a day

I think it's slightly disingenuous to say the UK hasn't exported any vaccines.
It's completely disingenuous to say that we haven't been importing millions of vaccines. 10 million Pfizer from the EU, millions of AZ from India.

Now, we can do that because we signed big contracts early, and those helped build those pipelines. In time that means more people both in the UK and around the world will get jabs sooner. But let's not pretend we're helping other nations now.

Sponsored Links
What about knowledge
Expertise
Trials run in various countries
Investment in EU based companies

nah best not mention any of that

just had my jab 10 mins ago

Oxford one

What about knowledge
Expertise
Trials run in various countries
Investment in EU based companies

nah best not mention any of that

just had my jab 10 mins ago

Oxford one
We're really helping on research on treatments. Truly world leading, but when it comes to vaccines we're heavily into a 'me first' mindset.

Also: Whatabouterty

Sponsored Links
Has it occurred to people that high vaccination rates in the UK compared to elsewhere may be counter-productive in the long run?

While the appauling response to covid by the UK resulted in thousands dead, the vaccination response has been good, and many of those vulnerable have had the jab.

However, there comes a point where you have to look at the bigger picture, and where the next mutations will likely come from. It was no surprise that one of the more significant mutations come from the UK when it did, as the figures had been high over the course of the pandemic in the UK on average. While we still want to roll out vaccinations in the UK, we must also look to further afield, and look at where future mutations are likely to crop up that could lead covid viruses being imune to the current vaccine. Otherwise we're wasting our time.

An insular, nationalist approach could ultimately backfire on us.

Last edited:
The EU will need to answer for there incompetence

what better way than to peddle the policy of safety with the Oxford jab and question it’s safety

so they trawl the continent / world to find some one some where who had snuffed it from a blood clot

load of nonsense and baloney

all this had been peddled around
By that scoundrel macron
Who is coming up for re~election and has Le Penn breathing down his neck

Antivaxxers spreading rumours and false stories to create fear and doubt.

If we lived in an equal/fair world then 'vaccines' would be handed out in a proportionate way per country...

And if this 'virus' is such a great global threat as claimed then 'patents' would be waved and enough production facilities would be put in place/utilised as quick as one could say 'nightingale hospital'...

But then there would be no profit in that would there! ;)

Jeds claims that forty million doses is "a few boxes."

Come on John, this is few boxes on the World scale. You yourself rightly said; 8 billion people! All countries which develop vaccine will use it themselves first. They've all done it and it's only natural, but the bigger picture is the other 7.9999 billion.

The UK manufacture strategy was simple; first batches made where it's possible to make them quickly and in quantity - Netherlands, Germany, etc. and to some extent India. Then secure supply at home - Oxford, Keele, Wrexham. Thereafter India will predominantly supply to the COVAX project, distributing around the World. These deals weren't done last week - they were all formed months and months ago.

Has it occurred to people that high vaccination rates in the UK compared to elsewhere may be counter-productive in the long run?

While the appauling response to covid by the UK resulted in thousands dead, the vaccination response has been good, and many of those vulnerable have had the jab.

However, there comes a point where you have to look at the bigger picture, and where the next mutations will likely come from. It was no surprise that one of the more significant mutations come from the UK when it did, as the figures had been high over the course of the pandemic in the UK on average. While we still want to roll out vaccinations in the UK, we must also look to further afield, and look at where future mutations are likely to crop up that could lead covid viruses being imune to the current vaccine. Otherwise we're wasting our time.

An insular, nationalist approach could ultimately backfire on us.

I'd rather us all be vaccinated, and daily lives can get back to normal, I know my mental health has suffered everyday feels like ground hog day, I'm literally clawing the walls.

We need as a country to get back to normal, ban travel wherever possible and continue strict quarantine rules for travellers until such a point the rest of the world has been vaccinated. I'd rather give up foreign travelling than continue in this forever lockdown state, which doesn't appear it's going to go away anytime soon.

That's the safest route for the UK,

Even with the vaccine it is likely covid will continue to evolve until such a time the vaccine as stops doing it's job.

Antivaxxers spreading rumours and false stories to create fear and doubt.

Leaders of European countries are anti vaxxers I assume that's what your saying?

Your arguments are truly baffling at times.

Sponsored Links
Back