Bike and kayak thread

B

Bodd

Seems to be a few who like their bikes so why not open a bike thread.

Here it is...

I'm just getting into it. Started with a off road and now thinking of buying a cheap road bike.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
This is a nice bike, not much use off road though

smaqf2he.nik.png

Sponsored Links
I’m of the same mind. I’ve had this bike about 5 years, bought on a whim, rode it once, swapped the knobbly tyres for road ones then stored it at the back of the garage. Occasionally got it out, ride a mile or two then back in the garage. Took it out the other week, snapped the chain going up a hill. Just fitted a new chain and I’m ready to go again......as soon as my knee stops paining me. Total miles travelled since purchase according to the trip meter - 46.35 miles. Disgraceful. :LOL: If I use it regularly, I’m thinking of getting an electric conversion kit.

310C5CEF-3E2A-4A1A-8265-1ADF54962E7A.jpeg

Here's my current Beastie, it doesn't quite look as pristine as that now! it's a city commuter really but I bought it as a good runaround with the kids and just messing around but have done plenty of good rides on it, my next bike will be an electric road bike when they get a bit more attractive, screw hills, there are just too many hills down here for it to be fun for me! If you're observant you might notice something slightly unusual ....

IMAG2803(1).jpg

Last edited:
I’m of the same mind. I’ve had this bike about 5 years, bought on a whim, rode it once, swapped the knobbly tyres for road ones then stored it at the back of the garage. Occasionally got it out, ride a mile or two then back in the garage. Took it out the other week, snapped the chain going up a hill. Just fitted a new chain and I’m ready to go again......as soon as my knee stops paining me. Total miles travelled since purchase according to the trip meter - 46.35 miles. Disgraceful. :LOL: If I use it regularly, I’m thinking of getting an electric conversion kit.

View attachment 193303

That's the spirit...

No mudguards, no bell and no lights?
It does have a bell in that shot, just hard to see, I use it too unlike many of the muppets out there, I don't do wet weather riding. Lights too now, I have to keep the bike indoors atm and it's way too much hassle to dry after a ride when wet.

Last edited:
Went out on this tonight my mates selling it for £100
Screenshot_20200522_193944_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Hated it.. Diffrent dirt of fitness I suspect. Just didn't feel right. Not as much control. Not as much enjoyment. I think I'll spend money on a better mountain bike.

Sponsored Links
Back