Bike and kayak thread

Sponsored Links
Anyone looked at eBike MTBs? My mrs wants to come on the trials with me but she moans about the pace and I think she'd keep up on an ebike.

Sponsored Links
I'm referring to the thread title.

I have one somewhere, not sure if its still there or if the scouts got rid of it. TBH I dont really care about it any more.

I'm referring to the thread title.

I have one somewhere, not sure if its still there or if the scouts got rid of it. TBH I dont really care about it any more.

Tell me where you live and I'll come pick it up..... Don't sa y Durham

lancashire.
You cannot have it, the local scouts have it :)

I miss my old Renolds 531 frame with shifters on the down tube. I was doing the dunwich dynamo and about 10 miles from the end something went wrong and the rear derailleur decided it liked one particular bit of chain a bit too much and followed it into my rear wheel. The majority of the rear wheel locks up (some spokes make a dash for the hills) and I start going slightly sideways. The rear derailleur is now hanging off, my rear tire is just about intact and I had two hours to make it to the end so I didn't miss my lift home.

A couple of nice guys I'd met on the ride helped me convert the bike into a single speed and despite a few more snapped chain incidents I finish the ride. The hills weren't fun.

The frame was still ok but most other bits were too knackered to continue and I switched to a cheap modern road bike. Much easier to ride with those new fangled gears, but lacked the sense of style.
I had simillar happen to me a few years ago, I somehow managed to get a piece of bracken in the back wheel, it deflected the deraileur into the spokes - what a mess, luckily I was not too far away so I called out International Rescue (the wife) and got a lift home.

Needed quite a few new parts and a big hammer to get the frame back in shape - LOL

Anyone looked at eBike MTBs? My mrs wants to come on the trials with me but she moans about the pace and I think she'd keep up on an ebike.
Not looked at the ebikes but there are plenty of conversion kits out there to convert your existing bike to electric and I’ve been looking at those. Three basic types of conversion kit - front wheel, rear wheel and mid drive. Most say avoid the front drive kits. The decent kits are 'pedal assist' so you pedal the bike but you can choose the amount of electric assistance you get from the kit. Don’t know where you are based but this company in Southend-on-Sea get good reports. Might be worth joining www.pedelecs.co.uk to find out more.

a few pictures from todays ride, warm sunny and no wind.
JHR_0859.JPG JHR_0863.JPG JHR_0865.JPG JHR_0869.JPG JHR_0874.JPG JHR_0885.JPG JHR_0889.JPG JHR_0897.JPG

If I had roads like that near me, I might be tempted to go out every day! Fantastic scenery.

I know the A12 I use it to get to Brentwood to spread some northern culture, black pudding anyone?

Sponsored Links
Back