Car break-ins

So, you're saying that without the threat of prison you're the type of person who would squat in hard working folks homes & you're also highly likely to go on a rampage in Westminster?
Why not?
It would become a wild world where the fittest would be king.
Similarly to the animal kingdom.
Strongest would have its own territory and kick out anyone who doesn't submit to rules.
Doesn't this sound like certain areas run by powerful drug dealers fully supported by liberals?

Sponsored Links
Blimey the money this country wasted on incarcerating some

There was a fly on the wall
Doc about broadmoor it costs some thing like 300 grand a year per inmate :eek: probably more

to
Keep a load of dangerous fruit cakes

it took 6 guards to give some bloke a cup of tea he is that dangerous

another bloke it took 10 staff and 2 hours to get him to go back to his room from the exercise yard

I could save em a few squid

bloke with the tea stand him up against a wall ;););)

bloke in excercise yard tell him he has got 20 mins to go back

than tazor him and drag him back whilst incapacitated ( 2 staff max)

:cool::cool:

Why not?
It would become a wild world where the fittest would be king.
Similarly to the animal kingdom.
Strongest would have its own territory and kick out anyone who doesn't submit to rules.
Doesn't this sound like certain areas run by powerful drug dealers fully supported by liberals?

I think prisons are pointless, I didn't say all forms of punishment are.

One of the biggest problems in modern Policing is the phenomena of breaking up these drug gangs & watching as they are replaced by inferior gangs. This is what has caused the degradation from a mostly underworld scene into one that is now highly visible.

In my youth you got trouble if you went looking for it. Nowadays they shoot everything that moves.

I don't think prison is the answer to most crimes......

I'd much rather see an intense period of educational reform

Loony lefties always say this!

Just what is this education that criminals need? Who will the teachers be? Where will it take place? What tests will there be to check that it is working?

Sponsored Links
Loony lefties always say this!

Just what is this education that criminals need? Who will the teachers be? Where will it take place? What tests will there be to check that it is working?

I suppose a place a bit like a prison, but instead of caging them like animals & leaving them to fester in their own minds . . . .

Use existing prisons like in south America and Africa and don't be lenient on sentences.
You don't need more space or more beds, criminals can sleep on the floor occupying a bit more than a square metre each.
Soon a lot of criminals would start "recovering" and "rehabilitating" to avoid prison.
Then of course you find the dumbass who can't stay out of trouble and would rot in prison, but surely the large majority would try their best to improve their behaviour.
And before you say "prisons in south America are overcrowded", be mindful that in UK there's enough jobs for everyone and lots of help to help you find work and stay away from crime.
Unlike south America and Africa.
So I am inclined to think that a criminal, after a spell in a horrible prison, would try to go straight at all costs.

I suppose a place a bit like a prison, but instead of caging them like animals & leaving them to fester in their own minds . . . .

I don't think prisoners should be left to fester - the time in prison should be punishing. There should be hard work, chain gangs, breaking rocks etc, all the cliches. They should get very little peace, such that they would not want to return. There should be nothing that helps them continue a life of crime, which means no association with other prisoners and no gyms where they can build up dangerous strength. Only when a prisoner is illiterate or is otherwise genuinely lacking in basic education should he be afforded that education in prison. The rest need no educating - they are clever enough in their sly ways.

Soon a lot of criminals would start "recovering" and "rehabilitating" to avoid prison.
Reality says the opposite, the worse your prisons the less rehabilitation you get.

Congratulations, you've just made things worse.

Last edited:
Andy and Johnny, pmsl, brothers from another. What are they smoking? I'd like some..

I've got this friend & he's a very good friend etc etc. . . .

He grew up in a school system that mistook his dyslexia for stupidity & he spent the next 30 years shouting his rage at society by smashing it apart bit by little bit. He wasted 8yrs in prison for something he didn't do & on his own admission he escaped 30yrs in prison for something he did do.

He's also one of the most intelligent people I ever met & he has a brilliant business brain. It's just that he can't write out a sentence, or count how much £money he has in his hand.

He still has a slight anger management problem & he certainly doesn't suffer fools gladly. Visually, he looks more like the Circus Strongman than Charlie Bronson ever did, but you should see what he's become now that his dyslexia is diagnosed & understood.

You should get out of your mothers back bedroom more often & perhaps upgrade the quality of the drink that's poisoning your minds. You know nothing about the problems we face as a society, because fookwits like you think you have the answers.

We've also imported new people since then from countries where there are no rules and life is cheap. They have no connection to this country so everyone is fair game.

I remember the 'Yardies' in the 90's & I have to say that was pretty much the end of my involvement in that area. I'm told that it's all Albanians & Kosovo's now . . .

I know a Mexican friend who spent some time in a Mexican prison 30 years ago.
He wouldn't pick a penny from the floor for fear of doing wrong.
He's a successful man with family and a good job.
He remembers prison as the worse 3 months of his life and never to be repeated.
That's rehabilitation.

on his own admission he escaped 30yrs in prison for something he did do.
Well that wouldn’t have been for pinching sweets from the corner shop, would it? It’s wishy washies like you that say how wonderful education and second and third chances are for the 'misunderstood'. You shouldn’t be holding him up as an example - this is the type of **** that should be locked up.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back