Cenotaph being attacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never said that and I do agree with it but not the violence and destruction. What’s wrong with peaceful protest?
How many peaceful protests has there been? What has it achieved?
How many BAME people have suffered from racism?
When will it end?

It would appear that some posters on here are concerned that the protests might actually achieve something.
No-one agrees with violence, and everyone likes peaceful protest.
But throughout history peaceful protest has achieved very little.

Comparisons have been made with the fall of the Berlin Wall, and Tiananmen Square. Was that achieved through peaceful protest?

Sponsored Links
Nobody agrees with the damage.
I beg to differ...

Unless the veneration of institutional racism is pointed out in clear terms then nothing will change!

Churchill was a racist, and he was also corrupt in the way that he dealt with 'inferior' races...

Sure he whipped up public support in WWII and had a great hand in defeating nazi germany, but that doesn't hide his antiquated views.

If people now want to laud him in order to deflect the legitimate concerns of a world that has moved on then I guess they are still living in a past that they don't actually understand!

Sponsored Links
I have never said that and I do agree with it but not the violence and destruction. What’s wrong with peaceful protest?

It is largely peaceful. There are always a few idiots. It's like saying all football fans are thugs because a few like a punch up.

But when 99% of the discussion about BLM on this forum is focusing on the violence, with people calling the protesters "savages" and suggestions they should be shot by snipers, then it really doesn't look good, it makes this forum look a bit racist and hateful.

I beg to differ...

Unless the veneration of institutional racism is pointed out in clear terms then nothing will change!

Churchill was a racist, and he was also corrupt in the way that he dealt with 'inferior' races...

Sure he whipped up public support in WWII and had a great hand in defeating nazi germany, but that doesn't hide his antiquated views.

If people now want to laud him in order to deflect the legitimate concerns of a world that has moved on then I guess they are still living in a past that they don't actually understand!
LMAO...That your version of democracy then LAL...Pull down any statue or building one disagrees with?

and had a great hand in defeating nazi germany
...You seem to pass that off as if it was a minor minor little incident, rip his statues down regardless..You do despize all things British.

Ok, let’s try this question. Do you have any connection with the poster who identifies as Bobby Dazzler?
Nope...

But then of course you won't accept my answer...

How about you have a word with your 'mod friends' before you get yet another thread locked (because you always lose the argument) and ask them to check IP addresses...

Over to you again, old man :)

people now want to laud him in order to deflect the legitimate concerns of a world that has moved on then I guess they are still living in a past that they don't actually understand!
So people are entitled to deface and tear down his statue?

This is just like a Brexit thread. Everyone has made their mind up, have their own views and will not be convinced by the words of others. History can’t be changed but unlike Brexit, all people can do is comment on what has actually happened so far and that is damage to public property, looting and violence directed to the authorities. I’m not happy or proud of that but it seems that some on here are.

Do you know how many white people have suffered from racism?
Perhaps there have been a few that have suffered from retaliation for racism.
Unfortunately, they were probably not the perpetrators of racism in the first place.
But retaliation it was, not racism per se.

Racism has caused incalculable harm throughout the world, throughout recent history.
Obama was the first Black President. Prior to 1965, less than 60 years ago, probably within living memory of a lot of posters on here, he had little chance of being able to vote.

So people are entitled to deface and tear down his statue?
I don't believe 'they' tore down churchill's statue...

Of course if you have evidence to the contrary you will have a link to that event?

And of course if you disagree with a slave trader's statue being torn down, then maybe you could tell us why you would object to such an act of 'vandalism'?

Change ""penny lane:" to Beatle st!!..FFS the world is mad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back