Diane Abbot has a point.

Sponsored Links
Jeez! Where do you live?
Coke is everywhere. Daily use for working lads is normal. In Benidorm for example you cannot walk up The Strip without bouncers or bar props offering you coke.
Standard day for a scaffolder starts with red bull and ends with beer and cocaine.

Country lines at the moment
Or even county lines......:whistle:

Apart from booze and fags, I’ve never tried drugs of any sort and neither have any of my mates but talking of cannabis, all of our kids have. Different generation I suppose. On my regular searches of my teenage sons room (after I caught a whiff of it on his clothing), if I ever found any, it went down the bog and I made him watch me do it! Now in his 30’s and a father himself he’s grown out of it - luckily his partner has a similar attitude to me about it.

I often go to work on a motorcycle which involves filtering between two lanes of slow moving cars on the A13 and come the fair weather in the spring when drivers have their windows open, the stench of cannabis is very frequent. I must pass at least half a dozen cars where the driver is having a puff and I often wonder why they don’t stick a copper on a bike to catch the bastards - they say it’s as dangerous as drunk driving.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Drugs are rife in youth culture now.

I used to employ somebody from the local town. His brother used to be a coke dealer. This is 15 years ago, he was earning about £300 pound a week from his job and £700+ per week from dealing. The coke was supllied and distributed by Turkish families in the town.

Ive employed 18 year olds and they take everything they can at the weekend: coke, ketamine, speed, skunk.....its all readily available.

Ive been on building sites where theyve been on coke......

Persinally Ive never taken drugs, never smoked, just enjoy a beer or glass of red.

From the age of 17 to about 20, I regularly smoked weed and took acid on a fair amount of occasions. My mates and I were punks, misfits etc. We didn't drink all that much and avoided any of the bars in towns where trouble happened. We went to gigs most weekends, or the alternative nightclub. Never saw any fights with our alternative circle, never any trouble and probably the most decent teenagers and youngsters I have ever known, to this day. Considerate and very funny.

Every weekend, living so close to these pubs, I see people fight, urinate in the streets, take coke, deal drugs, inhale those stupid canisters of gas (then throw them all over the floor), smash property and drink drive.

I consider myself lucky that I grew up the way I did. To me, booze is by far the worst culprit in bad behaviour - it's why they extended the license hours isn't it? To try and stop all the trouble and binge drinking. What a silly mistake that was by the gov.

Last edited by a moderator:
What needs to happen is that the law needs to change.
Go after the drug users. It's mainly the rich and famous that fuel the drug trade. Start nicking them and it will stop.
Is it the rich and famous? How do they fuel the drug trade? I'd like to know.

Sponsored Links
Back