Djokovic

Dunno why they let the bloke into
Australia in the first place

let’s face it they told him he could come and play in the tournament

Sponsored Links
You said "Omicron isn't very bad if you do get it"

If you don't mean harmless, then what do you mean by "not very bad"? Do you really think all these deaths are caused by something else?

Others have said it's like a cold.

The hospitals are full and hundreds dying daily.

We appear to be living in some sort of covidiot state of denial again.

The hospitals are not full, though there are a lot of cases in there. Like you'd get with a flu outbreak.

I've posted in a different thread. Links are there. https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/70-000-nhs.584783/page-14#post-5144121

IN a nutshell, surprisingly, there is no evidence I found so far* that people are dying of omicron. There must be some, but please find me a number.
The % of the general population which has omicron, is much the same as the % of the dying who happen to have , ie are with omicron.
There are no more dying with omicron than you'd expect if it made no difference.
Same in Gauteng, SA.

Check the excess deaths relative to just before omicron, UK or SA.
Same story. Gauteng : "almost negligible".

That wasn't the case with delta.

*I'll post it in the other thread if I find it. Some data won't be published until feb 23rd.

Last edited:
Whatever. You still haven't a suggestion for what these people are dying of, if not COVID.

Like you'd get with a flu outbreak.

Data from the Office for National Statistics show that in England and Wales the number of deaths from influenza was 1598 in 2018 and 1223 in 2019.

1874 people have died of COVID-19 this week.

More in one week, than a year of flu.

But yeah, it's the same.

Screenshot_20220116-235922-729.png

Sponsored Links
Whatever. You still haven't a suggestion for what these people are dying of, if not COVID.

Data from the Office for National Statistics show that in England and Wales the number of deaths from influenza was 1598 in 2018 and 1223 in 2019.

1874 people have died of COVID-19 this week.

More in one week, than a year of flu.

But yeah, it's the same.

"1874 people have died of COVID-19 this week." Nobody is saying that.

The 1874 people you're looking at, are just died, like people do. 12000 odd died in week 51. Some of whom had covid. Some of whom had ingrowing toenails too.
There's simply no evidence they died because of covid. Look at the other post I linked. There should have been more deaths with covid if covid was doing it.

I don't know how to make it plainer.
If half the population had covid, then half the dying would have covid. Doesn't mean they died of covid.

Recently it was projected that 4,300,000 had omicron, from random swabbing.
That's 6.7% of the population iirc. So if 12000 people died, you'd expect 804 of them to have covid. For the week when 12000 died, 797 were recorded as having covid.
Each week varies, but, see what I mean? There isn't a correlation, let alone causation. Though surely there must be some people dying from omicron??? Show me a number.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/me...e-than-flu-says-government-adviser/ar-AARNwve
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...S-deadly-seasonal-flu-scientists-believe.html
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10386665/Covid-killing-half-people-bad-flu-year.html
https://www.msn.com/en-US/health/me...ovid-is-now-less-than-just-the-flu/ar-AASwlof

Edit: found some numbers for SA.

Last edited:
Nobody is saying that.

I think you find that they are.

2 Daily Mail links, and 2 MSN - oh, your research is good! ;)

We've discussed this too much already. Some people don't believe people are dying of covid and that doctors are lying, most however, do believe the official numbers.

Though surely there must be some people dying from omicron??? Show me a number.

I agree, there must be people dying from omicron.

Here's a number: 42.

If I wanted to travel to your beloved Iceland as a fully vaccinated UK resident, how far would I have to bend over?

How about you as an unvaccinated one?
PMSL at you always getting the country wrong...

But hey, aren't you supposed to be back at work?

Of course though a spiv never changes it's spots :rolleyes:

PMSL at you always getting the country wrong...

But hey, aren't you supposed to be back at work?
I don't think I've got that country wrong - you won't shut up about it. Still, whether it's right or wrong, what's your answer?

Work? I choose my hours and I have others I can rely on if I want a break - easing myself in gently - don't want to strain anything at my age!

So come on, who out of us two would be able to visit your beloved Iceland or are you swerving again? :LOL:

You'd have to be pretty dim to maintain, overall, that covid is the same as flu, but Omicron certainly isn't the same as Delta or the earlier strains. With earlier strains I barely knew anybody that had it but there were above average deaths. Over the last 6 weeks I barely know anybody that hasn't had it. Myself and wife have had it, 75% of my friends have had it, daughter and her partner had it, loads of work related people. I don't know anybody that suffered more than just mild cold symptoms. The correlation between severe symptoms and being unvaccinated is undeniable, although some people will deny it of course.

I think you find that they are.

2 Daily Mail links, and 2 MSN - oh, your research is good! ;)

We've discussed this too much already. Some people don't believe people are dying of covid and that doctors are lying, most however, do believe the official numbers.

There are no official numbers, of people dying of Omicron, that I can find. You?
Only numbers of people dying who happen to have omicron, which is the same proportion of people who are dying, that there are in the population which isn't dying.
So apparently omicron is making no difference.

I agree, there
must be people dying from omicron.

Here's a number: 42.
You think. Do you?

You can't just make up a number. Where's your research?

You'd have to be pretty dim to maintain, overall, that covid is the same as flu, but Omicron certainly isn't the same as Delta or the earlier strains. With earlier strains I barely knew anybody that had it but there were above average deaths. Over the last 6 weeks I barely know anybody that hasn't had it. Myself and wife have had it, 75% of my friends have had it, daughter and her partner had it, loads of work related people. I don't know anybody that suffered more than just mild cold symptoms. The correlation between severe symptoms and being unvaccinated is undeniable, although some people will deny it of course.

No argument with that.
The 1918 virus eventually mutated to one which generally wasn't harmful, like a normal flu, and that was the end of it, suggesting immunity. Fingers crossed omicron is something like that.

There are no official numbers, of people dying of Omicron, that I can find. You?
Only numbers of people dying who happen to have omicron, which is the same proportion of people who are dying, that there are in the population which isn't dying.
So apparently omicron is making no difference.

We have various stats, include percentage of people with omicron, total numbers in hospital, total numbers dying with covid.

Now, you could claim that the latest variant of covid is not killing people. But, ignoring the science for a moment, why? How do you benefit from this claim?

HA. Now he will be barred from the French Open.

The only chance of him winning anything this year is if Serbia hastily puts together a Serbian Open

Sponsored Links
Back