France taking control of their borders while in the EU

Sponsored Links
Apparently French nationals are exempt from catching Covid, so they are allowed in.

Apparently French nationals are exempt from catching Covid, so they are allowed in.

Rees Mogg appears to believe nobody who is a Conservative can catch it from anyone else who is a Conservative.

Crazy, eh?

Sponsored Links
If only they put as much effort in to stopping people getting out to the UK as they are at stopping them getting in from the UK.

The scoundrels :)

mind you I have no plans to go there any time soon :cool:

One needs to excercise some caution when travelling in back ward countries

coke bottle
A & E

yes exactly :)

It looks like you failed to understand the written instructions:
all those wishing to travel from the UK to France, regardless of vaccination status, will need to meet criteria defined by the French authorities that the travel is essential. French nationals, as well as residents in France, are exempt (from that requirement)

All travellers must present a negative PCR or antigen test result taken within 24 hours pre-departure. Upon arrival in France you must self-isolate for 48 hours, after which time a negative PCR or antigen test is required to exit self-isolation. Without a negative test result you will be required to self-isolate for 7 days. Arrivals must provide contact details, including the address they will be staying at, to the French authorities via an online form. In addition, travellers must provide a completed ‘sworn statement’ (déclaration sur l’honneur) form self-certifying they are not suffering from symptoms associated with coronavirus and have not been in contact with confirmed cases in the preceding fortnight.
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france/entry-requirements
I don't suppose this is the first time you've failed to understand written instructions. Unless, on this occasion, it was an intentional attempt to misguide others?
Which is it?

I know 2 people affected by this. One German that was planning to drive home for Christmas, and somebody in Switzerland who was planning to drive here for Christmas.

Both isolating and testing, both driving to not mix on planes.

All sounds a bit political though, even though we're the sick man of Europe, it is spreading everywhere.

France have announced they will relax the entry level for UK citizens in the event of Germany invading ;)

Screenshot 2021-12-17 at 19.25.03.png

Better buy an inflatable if you want to go to France. Apparently there are thousands on the beaches in Kent.

French defences are never that good. I'm in France at the moment (Pas De Calais area). If I can get in, anyone can. Mind you I did sneak in the back way. Popping across Channel on Weds - to parents for Xmas. Those swarthy hordes around Calais better not try it on. I have my 'persuader' waiting for them in the back of the van if any step out of line. :evil:

Sponsored Links
Back