Have You Been Gatso'd?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have, a few years ago, now!

EPSN0004.jpg

(Near Blackpool Airport... Dual carriageway BUT 30mph.

The last one before that (actually my very first SP30) was a very dodgy roadside speed trap in 1988...

The latest I avoided by going on a speed awareness course.. YAWN!

Just interested as to the scale of the problem: how many of you guys have been, or are about to be, GATSO'D?

Sponsored Links
My wife has two offences within 1 day of 5 yrs between them.

I remain offence free - thus far -... pocketgpsworld 'bongs' me via the Garmin Nuvi when entering camera land - I am constantly on the lookout for that camera which is not in their database - " WE ARE AWARDING 1000s OF FREE LIFE MEMBERSHIPS FOR VERIFIED NEW CAMERA SPOTTINGS! " During the past year I've not spotted one yet.
Coupled with the 'speed limiter' - a sound defence.
:D

How did they know it was your car?

There's a big sticker over the number plate..

Sponsored Links
Just once................ :cry:

Just over 3 months before its off my licence............... :LOL:

Thankfully I have never got a ticket, I have a Sat Nav with a safety alert which tells me where the accident blackspots are which co-incidentally is where all the cameras are, not that I drive too fast anyway.

Get a Talex ... Speed with total impunity ... Best £150 I've ever spent.

MW

i have a foot, a brain and common sense which all prevent me from speeding.

but, no one is fallible.:cool:

None of which will prevent you from being snapped by a laser long before you can see it ... A Talex will.

If you speed a Talex you need ... Or points you will concede :LOL:

58mph in a 50 limit fixed gatso, near bishops stortford essex. FINED

36mph in a 30 limit , camera by an essex police van,southend essex, sent in details , heard no more, (over 3 years now) NO FINE

Went straight on through amber light 40mph in a 50 limit , lights camera no flash, police traffic car waiting in right filter lane behind done me for red light instead,disputed why camera did not flash, told to shut up or be done for undue care and attention. east ham london FINED

Alleged 68mph in a 30, police traffic car stratford london, Court case, FINED and BANNED for 3 months due to totting up points. ( 18 )

All points were for speeding OR undertaking on THREE lane carriageways
Not at the same time :!:

you drive a skoda? :eek:

This I do not mind admitting: YES!!!

They are fabulous cars.

I bought mine new in 2002. It has gone wrong twice, both due to a faulty alterenator connection fixed under warranty.

Apart from that & routine maintenance & replacement of WAT parts, it's been a breeze.

Every single aspect of motoring costs has been reduced compared to my old car, a Citroen Xantia TD Estate.

Emissions: 140 g/km so road tax reduced.

Lower insurance group.

Fuel: costs less to fill the tank than the Xantia & goes further on a tankful.

In fact, on a trip to Croydon & back, we got nearly 700 to a tank.

Servicing: the Skoda has variable service indicator, anything up to 30K between intervals. I've done coming on to 70K and have only had three services. At a total cost of under £400.

To service the Citroen (mine was under warranty and at that time had to be dealer-maintained) for that long would have cost around £2000!

I heartily recommend them!

But, I'll leave the last word to an Audi saleman I met in a supermarket car park.

I parked the Octavia next to his A4 estate and we got chatting. He said to buy an A4 estate to the same spec as my Octavia Elegance would put the list price nudging 30K.

Then I told him what I paid brand new for mine, with all the extras it was possible to have in MY2002...£14938.00

And his jaw dropped.

An exceedingly satisfying moment!

Sponsored Links
Back