Have You Been Gatso'd?

Caught twice in 24 years 62 in a 40 caught by car following thought thank fek he only thought it was that, then by mobile camera 57 in a 50. Been gatso`d twice but never heard anything which was quite lucky as i would not have liked to explain to the mrs who the woman sitting next to me 400 mile from home was.:cool: :oops: :cool:

Sponsored Links
Those cameras with the round holes on them - that rely on sensors in the road to determine speed. There's some on a road near me, and they turn them around every few days, so they sometimes face traffic and sometimes face away from traffic. I reckon they cant work facing away from traffic, due to the sensor positioning in the road. I keep meaning to test this theory, but i daren't :LOL: (They are, by design, traffic facing cameras)

Just to confuse matters further, the road markings are such that facing traffic, the camera points at 3 thin white lines across the carriageway. Facing the direction of traffic flow, the camera points at "gatso-style" metre markings (but its not a gatso). I reckon its not a real camera :LOL:

Sponsored Links
7 times in the last 10 years, Also been banned 5 times in the last 10 years, all for just creeping over the 100mph mark on the motorway (Last one was 108) :mad:

Direct line got 5k in insurance premiums from me last year for my cars :eek:

3 points 60 quid fine for ladders coming of the van roof on the m62
i was driving it was very windy and the apprentice did not tie the ladders down properly i looked out of my mirror to see them woooshing around like something out of the matrix
i said to the apprentice have you tied the ladders on properly yes replied the apprentice why he said i said cos i can see them flying around in the distance as i said it very calm
we jogged up the hard shoulder to retrieve them they landed in lane 1 and a trucker moved them on to the hard shoulder for us before we got there
luckyly no damage done to anyone or any other veichles but coppers were proper a holes with me :oops:

Been nabbed by a mobile laser gun coming off the Ardleigh Green lights on the A127 in Romford.
Rather annoyed as I'd had to stay late at work, got caught in massive tailbacks caused by a van fire at the same set of lights, and as I accelerated off the lights, came just over the top of the hill and there's Her Majesties Finest sitting in the car park of the motel zapping folks. Doing 70 in a wide open, accident free dual carriageway that had recently been downgraded to 50.
Also got zapped by a traffic light camera when the lights went from amber to red in about a second flat - never heard anything and I assume the lights were faulty.

A few years earlier I escaped a ticket from a cop with a ray gun in Hadleigh. I was driving home from a girlfriends house late one evening and two boy racers in front of me were overtaking each other and slamming on the brakes. The main road briefly goes to two lanes with a set of traffic lights and as they turned green I decided I was safer in front of these loons rather than behind, so I dropped a cog a nailed the throttle. Came off the lights and around the bend doing about 80 and a copper jumps out from behind the VW place, but I'm past before he can get a bead on me!

i like popping wheelies in front of those truvellos.aint nothing in the scheme of things but it makes me chuckle.

big brother is watching you,cant do jack though,if you dont have a number plate on the front :LOL:

Actually, that's not true.

A bike was caught on camera recently (think he went through camera several times) and he was recognised & done.

Those cameras with the round holes on them - that rely on sensors in the road to determine speed. There's some on a road near me, and they turn them around every few days, so they sometimes face traffic and sometimes face away from traffic. I reckon they cant work facing away from traffic, due to the sensor positioning in the road. I keep meaning to test this theory, but i daren't :LOL: (They are, by design, traffic facing cameras)

Just to confuse matters further, the road markings are such that facing traffic, the camera points at 3 thin white lines across the carriageway. Facing the direction of traffic flow, the camera points at "gatso-style" metre markings (but its not a gatso). I reckon its not a real camera :LOL:

Ithiught it was illegal to have FACING cameras to flash, as it could affect your vision, no ?

seen a fire engine go through a truvelo camera (it shot past me) the flash is red, and perfectly visable.

This has to be the best speed camera

speed-camera.jpg

I got flashed while going towards a rear facing GATSO. After googling, there was conflicting opinion on whether these cameras could be set up in this mode or even if such evidence could be used to prosecute.

After a 10 days I heard nothing.

I'm sure you all remember to change lanes whenever in a SPECS (average speed) road zone?

the flash is red, and perfectly visable.

Only quoting from my first link...

To avoid the 'flash' which is given out by a rear facing Gatso camera the Truvelo system uses an infra red flash which produces no visible 'flash' to the approaching driver.

Sponsored Links
Back