mass exodus !

Big_Spark said:
Left HSBC many years ago after they changed from Midland Bank..bunch of shylarks..

But then Lloyds-TSB are no better!! :confused:
I think Halif*x are worse skylocks than them :evil:

Sponsored Links
I heard some chap on the radio last week say that by law banks cannot make these charges. Apparently, if you write them enough stroppy letters they will usually give in as they don't have a leg to stand on in court. Some brave souls have taken banks to the small case courts and won back thousands.

You would have to be like gnasher in the Beano and not let go till you got back your bone :mad:

swelec said:
My son is disabled by a long term illness and lives off benefits (and me !!) He is one of millions who were forced by this government to open a bank account when they stopped paying benefits through a post office book

These are the type of people who will be hit hardest by this scheme

It makes me even angrier against this bunch of thieving **** :evil: :evil:

remember we are SHEEP Baa Baa.

My son is no sheep sloggger

He is voting with his feet and moving to another bank

He will continue to do so and will also transfer his payments into my account if neccessary

I hope that many more people in his situation will do the same and the banks will take note

Sponsored Links
Anyone believing a Bank is about something other than making dosh ... Must be a right banker..

[url=http://technology.guardian.co.uk/online/businesssolutions/story/0 said:
...The good news is that the Office of Fair Trading has set up the Payment Systems Taskforce to look at the clearing issue over the next four years. With members drawn from banking, finance, consumer and business bodies, the taskforce has had two meetings this year and has the power to bring in legislation to speed up clearing if there is not an improvement in the system in the next four years...
The bad news is .. It'll cost some poor buqqer, if not all.
"Hey ho." Said the banker, "Every cloud has a silver lining in this business..."
:D :D

I believe no bank has been taken to court with reference to overchargeing customers fees for overdrawing etc.. They have been served summonses but in every case they have backed down and reversed any charges to customers. They are frightend that if they lost a court case, then this would set a president for failure at future attempt at outladish charges.

'On 5 April 2006, the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) concluded that default charges over £12 are automatically presumed to be unfair in terms of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contract Regulations. Unfair terms are legally unenforceable.

Charges below £12 may also be unlawful - the distinction is that the OFT will only take enforcement action for charges above that figure.'

Full info here....

http://www.govanlc.com/bankcharges.html

If you are to go down the small claims court route and serve the bank a summons to appear, it is advisable to open another account at a different bank before hand as your bank may close your account in retaliation.

I know it creates difficulty for people to do so, but if they are unhappy with there bank, then vote with your feet, change banks. If enough do this then they will get the message.[/b]

swelec
I hope you have power of attorney, as I have with my old man he is hopeless now (he was when I was growing up ,lol )

I have just had a do with HSBC today ,
wife gave me a bill to pay in sept its his AXA sunlife insurance thing £111 a quarter (it will pay for a good funeral an wake for his pals)
anyway been paying thjis for years ..
paid with cash over the counter mid sept ,
I get a threatening letter off axa sunlife today pay last installment or your death cover is nul an void /NO refund :(

can I find the reciept can I bugger .... as Im dealing for my dad , I had to
drag him down there so there would allow me to talk for him , so Im sat there talking to Mr Blobby (**CKING KIDS IN NEED !!)as he tells me I need to talk to axa 1st who will
open a fraud investigation ,
an then come back with father after ..
I demanded that the manager came an spoke to us in a private office ..

he started bullsh*tting me saying he was out/in a meeting til I threw my credit cards at him
an told him "shut my account an I will ring the police ,money has been stolen from my account at your counter an your NOT prepared to help me .."
blobby legged it in the back then this young asian bird came over...
an I said
"listen love me an my father will have a coffee while your clown gets me the big chief "
she then told me she was the big chief, smarmerily ...
I was shown in her office as my dad sat outside eying up one of the staff dressed in french maid outfit ,lol ...dirty ..dirty old man ..lol
I explained what had happened an she tried to say as I didnt have a reciept the bank had NO ACCOUNTABILITY , cheeky B1tch
I wiped that sneaky attitude out of her when I told her the counter staff will have half the bill stamped an paid , so they MUST be records of my transaction , or doesnt this branch do that , lol lol
I told her I was thinking of moving my accounts due to this ,she wouldnt like that as I am fortunate to have a few thousand in my wife an Is joint account ,an I would inform the head office about this an local an national media
she was ringing around then , an she put on the phone to lady who does the bank investigations , she assured me they would check every bank transaction in sept at that branch an do an audit to see if my payment had been lost "in the Wire", ....lol..lol Christ almighty ..
I gave the manager Guresh a right b**locking before I went.....just cos I could ..lol

as I drove my father to his house , the filthy old fella was saying about the asian lass , she was a cracker ..I bet she would look lovely stripped off , a nice bit of dark meat " hmmmm ...........:(
an you wonder why I left him outside her office ..lol

Banks..... I sh*t em

swelec said:
It makes me even angrier against this bunch of thieving **** :evil: :evil:

Aren't they making enough money from our savings as it is?

HSBC asked me in ...regarding stealing my money ...

went today an a guy/gay ,
told me that my money was never Deposited....:( :( :(
how can you knock/Tw*t a gayer out an make THE point ...:(
Im moving ...:( :( :(

any better banks ??????????????...Ive known them since midland ...

Moz said:
went today an a guy/gay ,
told me that my money was never Deposited....:( :( :(
how can you knock/Tw*t a gayer out an make THE point ...:(
Im moving ...:( :( :(
What difference does his sexuality make?

Moz, there is always the possibility that you were not at your best on the day you meant to pay the bill.

No receipt, no cheque stub, not on file at bank or insurance company...

lol @ crafty1289

JohnD
I went in the car an never drive after a night on the stella :)

Sponsored Links
Back