motorcyclists and speed limits

Sponsored Links
I wasnt expecting a response like this, im not against bikers dont get me wrong here, I AM AGAINST bikers with disregard to other road users and pedestrians.
So far this year in these parts there have been 12 bike deaths 8 alone in May, the police have recently introduced their stealth bikes in order to kinda calm things down.
Yes car drivers get ****ed off with bikers because they **** them off tailgaiting and overtaking on say double white lines then slamming their brakes on to avoid smacking into the car in front.
And then theres the villagers like myself that really get ****ed off with these morons that think they can break the speed limit because they are a bike.
I nearly "had" one only last week, I was turning right into my drive there were five cars behind me, as i turned the biker decide to overtake didnt he I saw him coming but he didnt see me because of his impatience to overtake, needless to say words were exchanged.
I am well aware of bikers on the roads, sometimes you get thanks when you pull to one side to let them by more often than not you dont get jack ****.

It'll come. Insurers will insist upon it as will everyone that pays to fix bikers up in hospital. Roll cage for ALL bikes.
No it won't. They tried to legislate for leg protectors at one stage - that got binned. Your half-baked bollix will go the same way - assuming that it gets suggested (by anyone other than you) in the first place.

Health and safety is the force behind all sorts of legislation like crash helmets. A little itsy bitsy roll cage is next. You'll see.

Sponsored Links
Any time now, There are already such bikes around. I think you'd look great in one.

Yes, BMW make them and they're pants. Just the kind of thing to sit at 70 in the middle lane, perhaps?

<rant about car drivers getting ****ed off with bikers>
If a bike blats past a car and then brakes up behind the next car along, it shouldn't make the slightest difference to the overtaken vehicle, if the driver is keeping the correct distance apart. If he too has to brake, then he's obviously tailgating as well.

For every car driver that moves over to the left to enable a bike to get past, there are at least three who will move over the other way, to (try and) impede the bike, for some strange reason, known only to themselves.

The best trick is to stick your right indicator on and move a bit to the right just as he makes his run-up.

Joe and my best trick is to follow you home take your number.

then who knows,

a visit could be called up dependant upon what you did to offend.

really you want to muck around with bikers?

not crotch rocket idiots?

you do that across me and you will get a visit.

some classes of people get confused for others ;)

Bikers are all wimpy girls. They aren't fit. They can't fight (unless it's from behind a keyboard that is).

Nice try, you big Jessie, who would never get on a bike, as it doesn't envelop you in a world of airbags, satnav and Radio 4...

Nice try, you big Jessie, who would never get on a bike, as it doesn't envelop you in a world of airbags, satnav and Radio 4...

You can get all those things in a BMW with a cage. Bet you've got one.

I know you'll be heartbroken to learn that, no I don't have one. Italian exotica only for me, not some uber-boring Germanic contraption.

The best trick is to stick your right indicator on and move a bit to the right just as he makes his run-up.
And that kind of crass behaviour would get you:
  • a bash hat across the bridge of your nose;
    a bike boot straight to the nuts; and
    a sizeable dent in several of your offside panels

Sponsored Links
Back