Out of Repect I ask Remainers to Refrain from posting in this thread

Your link says young people voting rate close to the national average:

“While young people voted a little bit less than average, they were probably quite close to the national average
Completely irrelevant. But 8% less than the national average, so quite a bit less.
Allow me to explain in more detail.

"The results found that 64% of those young people who were registered did vote, rising to 65% among 25-to-39-year-olds and 66% among those aged between 40 and 54. It increased to 74% among the 55-to-64 age group and 90% for those aged 65 and over."
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...eople-referendum-turnout-brexit-twice-as-high
You will recall that I said less likely to vote. That is, less likely to vote than the older age groups, which is absolutely born out by the result.
Therefore my original statement remains accurate, any voter (Leave or Remain) is more likely to be older.
Of course there is the other aspect, of real, absolute numbers. As there are more older voters than younger voters, the simple percentage doesn't give an accurate impression. 64% of a smaller group is a great deal less than 90% of a larger group.
"21% of the overall population of England and Wales was aged under 18 years, 29% was aged 18 to 39 years, 27% was aged 40 to 59 years, and 22% was aged 60 years and over"
https://www.ethnicity-facts-figures...n-by-ethnicity/demographics/age-groups/latest
29% aged 18 - 39
49% aged 40 - 60+

The total number of UK Parliamentary electors in December 2018 was 45,775,800
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopula...ation/bulletins/electoralstatisticsforuk/2018
The number of young voters ≤13,274,982
The number of older voters ≤ 22,430,142
Therefore, my original comment is accurate on both counts, however you wish to view it.
But I'm glad that you have regained your ability to discuss sensibly.
So 64.5% of young people voted, that's 8,562,363
About 76.6% of older voters voted. That's 17,181,488.
Obviously my guestimate of older voters is quite an under-estimate. But the calculation of younger voters is reasonably accurate.

Therefore the chances of meeting an older voter (of any persuasion) coming out of the polling booth is far, far greater than meeting a younger voter (of any persuasion). Which completely disproves your comment.
remainers are likely to be young people
As not all young voters voted remain, and many older voters voted Remain, there was probably less young people voted remain than all of the other Remain voters.
(8,000,000 young voters in total, 16,000,000 Remain voters in total)

Next you will be saying there is no such thing as mixed race (n)
It depends. What is your definition of race?

Is this an old discussion that you've had before, and feel a sense of injustice, or do you want another go at it?
What was it Einstein supposedly said about doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result?
In fact what was it you said earlier about someone banging on about something? You seem to be the one determined to bang on about something.
bang on endlessly about definitions of race and racism -there was one one forum quite recently :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
So 64.5% of young people voted, that's 8,562,363
About 76.6% of older voters voted. That's 17,181,488

Gosh thats a surprise, theres a much higher number of people age 25 and up, than there are 18 to 25.

Who wouldve thought that eh? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Daft troll, if it had a CE mark, it would be deemed safe for its intended purpose.

And what if a developer decided to use it in a way that had not been tested? Or for a purpose that the manufacturer had not intended? How would you scrape the CE mark off?

Have you been able to think of a justification yet for your ridiculous claim that resigning from the EU will enable UK to have higher Building Regulation standards? What makes you think that the EU in some way prevents a national government from having high standards? Can you think of an example?

How do you cope with the fact that UK Conservative politicians like to scrap standards?

The gist of what you were saying was that being in the EU is not an economic millstone round a country's neck.
No, because

You obviously don't understand the graph I put up, you obviously don't understand much.
And being so inadequate you then put

I don't understand where the graph is which you put up that that relates to this:
So for your education , here is the graph (again). You only needed to go back 2 pages, can you count to 2 ?
UKs_membership_fee_over_time.png

Hatejob is probably a Brexit Company candidate.

He's easily stumped.

"Speaking on the BBC's Radio 4 Today programme, Mike Greene in full flow claiming that if Britain leaves the EU, "We'll have more control about what we do in education, what we do for child poverty, how we spend the money that's going to the EU at the moment."

Radio 4's interviewer Ross Hawkins asked: "So which bit of European law or administration or bureaucracy is stopping us from doing something you specifically would like to do to address problems in education and child poverty?"

There was a long pause after that.

"I haven't gone into the detail of legal, specific laws but what I do know is that we're more hampered by laws that are being put in place by people who aren't elected," said Greene.

"Which bit of EU law is stopping us improving education or tackling child poverty?"

Brexit Party candidate Mike Greene after a long pause: "I haven't gone into the detail of specific laws"

:rolleyes: blimey he could get a job on the labour front bench :LOL: as Dianne Abbots junior :LOL:

When we leave the EU we can also scrap Building Regulations and allow cowboy builders to just throw up cheap and dangerous homes and extensions again. That's what we want, right? Kick out the bureaucrats, burn the rule books, make more money!

you've never been to Bradford then , because that's what happens now.

It depends if any get repealed, we wont have to take any more.

If the majority disagree and are hindered or unfairly penalised then they are bad.
Someone obviously doesn't understand the concept of 'secondary legislation'!

if it had a CE mark, it would be deemed safe for its intended purpose.
Does the EU outline those situations for which it is and is not intended and which part of EU regulations forced UK builders to use it in situations where it is not?

Have you been able to think of a justification yet for your ridiculous claim that resigning from the EU will enable UK to have higher Building Regulation standards? What makes you think that the EU in some way prevents a national government from having high standards? Can you think of an example?
Hatejob can't answer this.

He will give it a while before he hits on his favorite subject ;):LOL:

edited to add:
He already did it Trans!!! :)
I assume you are referring to the subject of 'Race'? In which case Notch has already brought it up three times already.
There are also remainers that bang on endlessly about definitions of race and racism -there was one one forum quite recently
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif
Next you will be saying there is no such thing as mixed race
Its a bit like humans: we are made up of different races, some a mixture to 2, known as mixed race
I think it is Notch that wants to re-run some previous discussion. I was just responding to his comments, his questions and invites even. he is insistent on discussing that subject. I can't dissuade him even though he fails to respond to my comments. He persists in making sarcastic comments without presenting an argument to be discussed.

Sponsored Links
Back