Out of Repect I ask Remainers to Refrain from posting in this thread

Sponsored Links
Do you think that the UK Housing Ministers attempted to outlaw the flammable cladding, and were prevented from doing so by membership of the EU?

Show me where you answered that.

It depends if any get repealed, we wont have to take any more.
1) Which ones would you like repealed?
2) Do you want there to never be any new ones?

If the majority disagree and are hindered or unfairly penalised then they are bad.
Please give us some examples of ones with which the majority disagree and by which they are hindered or unfairly penalised.

If you care to read the whole thread you may get the gist of what I was saying.
The gist of what you were saying was that being in the EU is not an economic millstone round a country's neck.

Sponsored Links
Cameron wanted a bonfire

"In a speech to the Federation of Small Business Cameron said 100 standards and building regulations were facing the bonfire – a move which he claimed would save around £60 million a year for housebuilders – or £500 for each new home built."

"His announcement effectively re-iterates the government’s commitment to trim down building regulations as part of its Housing Standards Review."
https://www.architectsjournal.co.uk...e-of-the-building-regulations/8658068.article

We got one.

Hatefuljob tries to blame the EU for the terrible failures of the UK government.

Do you think that the UK Housing Ministers attempted to outlaw the flammable cladding, and were prevented from doing so by membership of the EU? Where did you get that idea?
Show me where I said that.
You didn't.

But you did say
We will be able to put into place more rigorous regulations after leaving
Therefore it is perfectly valid to ask you if you believe that our regulations are insufficiently rigorous because we are in the EU.

1) Which ones would you like repealed?
Freedom of movement

2) Do you want there to never be any new ones?
From the eu ? No We can come up with our own orders

Please give us some examples of ones with which the majority disagree and by which they are hindered or unfairly penalised.
I haven't had a chance to talk to everyone in the UK, so I can't answer that
The gist of what you were saying was that being in the EU is not an economic millstone round a country's neck.
You obviously don't understand the graph I put up, you obviously don't understand much.

What idea ? I asked you to show where I had stated that.
Whether you stated it or not is irrelevant to answering the question.

Do you think that the UK Housing Ministers attempted to outlaw the flammable cladding, and were prevented from doing so by membership of the EU?

Simply wrong old bean.

Despite claims that young people could not be bothered to vote, they did. In fact, turnout was 64% among 18-24 year olds and 65% among 25-39 year old, which is closer to the population average than could have been expected. 71% of people aged18-24 voted to remain in the EU, and 62% of 25-39 year old's

"The results found that 64% of those young people who were registered did vote, rising to 65% among 25-to-39-year-olds and 66% among those aged between 40 and 54. It increased to 74% among the 55-to-64 age group and 90% for those aged 65 and over."
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...eople-referendum-turnout-brexit-twice-as-high
You will recall that I said less likely to vote. That is, less likely to vote than the older age groups, which is absolutely born out by the result.
Therefore my original statement remains accurate, any voter (Leave or Remain) is more likely to be older.
Of course there is the other aspect, of real, absolute numbers. As there are more older voters than younger voters, the simple percentage doesn't give an accurate impression. 64% of a smaller group is a great deal less than 90% of a larger group.
"21% of the overall population of England and Wales was aged under 18 years, 29% was aged 18 to 39 years, 27% was aged 40 to 59 years, and 22% was aged 60 years and over"
https://www.ethnicity-facts-figures...n-by-ethnicity/demographics/age-groups/latest
29% aged 18 - 39
49% aged 40 - 60+

The total number of UK Parliamentary electors in December 2018 was 45,775,800
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopula...ation/bulletins/electoralstatisticsforuk/2018
The number of young voters ≤13,274,982
The number of older voters ≤ 22,430,142
Therefore, my original comment is accurate on both counts, however you wish to view it.
But I'm glad that you have regained your ability to discuss sensibly.

Last edited:
From the eu ? No We can come up with our own orders
So what is it about the ones from the EU that you object to?

Is it the nature of them, i.e. what they order you to do, or not do, or is it simply that they come from the EU?

I haven't had a chance to talk to everyone in the UK, so I can't answer that
YOU SAID "If the majority disagree and are hindered or unfairly penalised then [orders] are bad".

But you don't actually know of a single bad order with which the majority disagree and by which they are hindered or unfairly penalised.

You obviously don't understand the graph I put up, you obviously don't understand much.
I don't understand where the graph is which you put up that that relates to this:
And since 1974, growth in the UK has outstripped Germany, France and even the US...

Whilst being in the EEC/EU...
So why are France & Germany worse ? They're in the EU.
Can you show me where it is?

which is absolutely born out by the result.

No it isnt.

Your link says young people voting rate close to the national average:

“While young people voted a little bit less than average, they were probably quite close to the national average

Are you struggling with understanding the term "national average"? :ROFLMAO:

Next you will be saying there is no such thing as mixed race (n)

Persistent needling removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Back