PART P, ive got an interesting one.

The box in question.

file.php

file.php

Sponsored Links
And the offending neighbour is on the other side of the wall? Looks like the electrician has put the cable like that for aesthetic reasons and there is a light (or something) on the other side of the box/wall.

I'd be fuming if my neighbour did that on my side of the wall! (if I had a garden . . .)

As the cable originates on the other side of the wall, and whatever is connected via that box is on the other side, there is no electrical reason for it to be there.
However it doesn't contravene any electrical regulations.

The sensible solution is for the cable to be moved either to the other side of the wall, or perhaps along the top of the wall where it won't be seen from either side.

Sponsored Links
That's a lot higher than the 4 foot you stated in your OP.

Do we know for certain what's on the other side of that wall? On the close-up view they look a lot like roof tiles to me.

However it doesn't contravene any electrical regulations.
Accessibility?

It's there without permission - I'm not convinced that therefore the owner can enter someone else's property at will.

unfortunately with electricity you cant just go banging things around.
No.

But you can loosen the screws at the top of the box, and pull the cover forwards a bit so that it fills with water and things stop working. :evil:

What's that supposed to show?

Looks like there's been some lead flashing missing from the apex of the wall/roof for some time. The wall's certainly showing signs of dampness at the top.

What's the black drain gulley doing stuck on the wall further down with nothing connected to it?

That is taking the pee somewhat.
I think a climbing rose up that trellis and along the cable, would look rather nice. But if your still not happy prune it with a felling axe!

Trespass and criminal damage. Send a letter by recorded delivery to your neighbour asking them to remove the equipment and make good the damage within a set time period or you will do so yourself and bill them for it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back