Report on the news

Sponsored Links
I consider myself quite adept at sussing out idiots.
And tansam's comments screams out "I'm an idiot, and I talk gibberish".

Sorry that should be, "i m a idj ot an :?:i tawk gberich :idea:".

say no more angel your on the ball imho

Have you ever considered going into clandestine under cover work :idea: you seem to have a talent for it ;)

I dunno French intel services :idea: granted they have a low bar ( hence no prior knowledge of the sub deal) but you would be an out standing candidate. you could suss out all the idiots ( blimey thats most of em)

Incidentally my neighbour is still not home

Are you saying that under Vatican law it wasn't a crime to not report abuse.
Read the link provided. You can glean as much information from it as I can.
The Vatican, and by implication the laws throughout the Catholic religion have been strenuously tightened to provide potential and actual victims with greater protection.

Sponsored Links
Not in England, Scotland or Wales, (don't know about Ireland), but you should have a moral duty to do so, especially if it involves minors.
I thought it was a statutory duty in some professions.

I thought it was a statutory duty in some professions.

Thats the crazy thing. Although it's statutory in employment it's not a criminal offence. You also have a moral duty to report any form of abuse, or suspected abuse, in employment and especially education.

I think this is the same report that refers to nuns sexually abusing children with crucifixes.

To be fair, we can safely say it's not just Catholicism.

It is mainly the Catholic Church, among Christians religions, that insists on celibacy.
Other Christian religions dislike celibacy.

Its the requirement for celibacy - it makes no sense.
Indeed not, but is there a causal link between it and paedophilia? (Or other forms of abuse - maltreatment and physical and emotional cruelty towards children with no sexual element is also something which Catholic organisations have done).

Is it not just more likely that the cover-it-up-and-close-ranks policy of the Church made it an attractive place for paedophiles to go to, if they were prepared to tolerate celibacy? If there was a causal link wouldnt there be a higher incidence of paedophilia amongst the priesthood than there is? In society as a whole, what is the correlation between celibacy and paedophilia?

The Roman Catholic church is a magnet for perverts.
The celibacy rule was introduced to keep heterosexuals out.
I dont believe that that is the case - do you have anything to support that claim?

If the celibacy rule was abandoned and normal men and women were allowed to become priests it could help reduce the level of Paedophilia in the organisation.
Thats a bit of a non-sequitur - homosexuality is not an "abnormality" except in a statistical sense.

And like my question above - is there a correlation between homosexuality and paedophilia?

Some of the old duffers on here (EFLI) think it is.
Funnily enough the human species is not the only species for some to have homosexual tendencies...

Link

Thus it appears to be normal not abnormal !

Jehovah Witnesses share something in common with anti vaxxers and brexit supporters

......theyve all been brainwashed

Sponsored Links
Back