Sainsburys local.

S

sunnie

Hello good people of diynot.
Is it me just getting old and harking back to the old days of good service,where the customer is of value.
OK i have to get this experience orf of my manly chest.Today i visited the above,not saying where well not yet.
1,this store is the size of a tennis court.
2.this store always leaves cages either of chilled food getting warm,cages of cardboard,empty cages in the rather narrow aisles and no one replenshing the shelves or in control of the cage.So unable to get to products on shelves or even walk down an aisle.
3.thats why their milk and chilled products probaly go off before date stamp.
4.after completeing the assault course to purchase my products i was ushered to the self service checkout,i told their operative i only have a £50 note and operative smiled.

5.self service checkout not accepting £50 notes :confused:
6.replace all my shopping back into basket.
7.wait in waiting area for a till operative to arrive,same person as in 4 said can i help you after he logged onto till terminal,said can i help you.
8.i was thinking (yes) why am i giving this company my hard earned pension money.
9.i asked the till operative about the self checkout not accepting my £50 note,reply was ours do not accept £50 notes :rolleyes:
10.my payment came to £44.69p but i still wanted 20 ciggies (not for me) and operative had to call another person to deal ciggies.
11.so another wait :evil: then i had to leave as the parking system there allows 30 mins (stop & shop).
12.went to grocery store 4 doors away and all done exactly same products for £33.60p.

bye bye sainsburys. :cry:

Sponsored Links
We have one of those ubiquitous Tesco Express, places near here. Sainsburys Local sounds a doddle compared to this shop. Used to call there on my way to work (to get paper, summat for lunch, pint of milk etc). Half Seven in the morning,, One till open (when they have 3 tills available), 4 staff filling shelves (in between chatting about Eastenders Coronation St etc) people queueing round the shop. Girl on the till constantly apologising for the poor, service, and ringing the bell for someone else to man a till (probably ignored)
I decided one morning to leave the paper etc till lunchtime. Went in ,, One till going, people still queueing round the shop. Staff still replenishing shelves. Manager out the back having a crafty smoke with two other staff. Fookin useless. I told the girl behind the till one morning, Tesco should have left the Express bit off the name of the store.

No,not worth it.
I am going back to the local grocery shops in the same parade. that they thought would close down,when sainsburys local opened :LOL:
All these sainsburys are linked via cctv to the top dogs managers office,they can view all of what is going on.

Sponsored Links
Never use the "Express" units, always overpriced. Understaffed.
Have to say the local "Express" does the same when going past, aisles always full of frozen goods waiting to be put on shelves.

Paper from the newsagents.
Bread from the local bakers.
Meat from the local butchers.
Veggies from market.

Well done Alarm. Nice to hear of folk supporting their local shops. 'Real' local shops not multinational local shops. My brother-in-law has a butchers shop. The nationals are strangling him.

No,not worth it.
I am going back to the local grocery shops in the same parade. that they thought would close down,when sainsburys local opened :LOL:
All these sainsburys are linked via cctv to the top dogs managers office,they can view all of what is going on.
Actually, not quite true, but eh, if it makes you feel better that you think the Execs are watching....

Well i am never going back to that store but i will try other stores under the same brand.

and heres me thinking you Londoners all had your shopping delivered from Fortnum and Masons .. :p :p

And theres me thinking I was on a DIY forum, not a PC complaints department.
Oh well back to reality moving back to some normality at the CC.

Only buy from there occasionally.
Got chucked out of Harrods not too long ago, walked in with my HI-VIS and tool belt on got as far as the internal door and was asked to leave :D

Funny, when in a suit they love me :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

if you was only wearing a tool belt in Blackpool.....ud be welcomed in all the shops.... :p :p :p

Sponsored Links
Back