Should the UK pay a divorce bill from the EU ?

The title says it all

• Yes

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 15 71.4%

• Total voters
Well this was 30 years ago, and he only asked once, so I don't think even now (imo) that would be classified as sexual harrasment - well I hope not. But it's an interesting conundrum. So how do you make a pass at someone nowadays, and survive.

A good parody of this situation I once heard, was a that a succesful relationship, was where 2 stalkers had both agreed not to call the police on each other.

Sponsored Links
But it's an interesting conundrum. So how do you make a pass at someone nowadays, and survive.
Exactly. It seems that it is up to the recipient to decide if it is acceptable or not.
How the 'pass maker' - today - is supposed to know this in advance is beyond me.

A good parody of this situation I once heard, was a that a succesful relationship, was where 2 stalkers had both agreed not to call the police on each other.
:)

You need to be a good judge of the other persons responses, put a twinkle in your smile, and tell then you hope that they aren't offended, but would they like -------------. And then be gracious if they say no, and look crestfallen.

If you get a slap, or a scream, then you're a poor judge of how you're coming across.

Sponsored Links
Nope, you're guilty of overstepping the mark, but it was being a poor judge of the situation that got you there. But common sense does seem to have gone out of the window.

There are ways to let people know you're interested that don't involve physical contact or lewd remarks.
If you're in the situation where you're getting slapped or a scream then trust me, you're doing it completely wrong.

By harassment I didn't mean physical contact nor lewd remarks.

Having been out of the market for a long time, it does seem today that if the woman objects to being asked then the man should not have done it.

By harassment I didn't mean physical contact nor lewd remarks.

Having been out of the market for a long time, it does seem today that if the woman objects to being asked then the man should not have done it.
As far as I know, it's still best to ask. How can being asked be harassment? If a woman, or man, object strongly to being asked out without any other hassle then they're one to clear steer of anyway.

Oh, especially if he doesn't give up after the first refusal.

Part of what used to be the procedure.
Yeah, perhaps what was used to be, the chasing game. Times moved on a long while ago!! :)

Blokes who were tactile or lewd never won me over, nor did a man who kept asking and couldn't listen to 'thanks but no thanks'. Exact opposite! I think that's the rule with most women tbh when I was a teen and now. If lads today still don't get the message then tough on them, they know what is acceptable in this day and age and that's respect. If someone says no, respect that no is the end of it.

I supect that as long as we aren't working outside of our respective age groups, we should be fairly okay.

nor did a man who kept asking and couldn't listen to 'thanks but no thanks'. Exact opposite!
So, if he had accepted the first TbNT and never spoke to you again you would have liked him more - and may have changed your mind???.

If someone says no, respect that no is the end of it.
So, playing hard to get was/is a myth, is it?

I thought women liked confidence - and a sense of humour.

I was once told to be masterful when doing as I was told.

So, if he had accepted the first TbNT and never spoke to you again you would have liked him more - and may have changed your mind???.

So, playing hard to get was/is a myth, is it?

I thought women liked confidence - and a sense of humour.

If a woman changes her mind, is she not capable of letting the man know and hope he's still free? But no, I've always said no and meant it. I've also asked a couple of lads out too in my youth, one said yes, one said no, I didn't hassle the one who said no, no means the end of it surely?

And playing hard to get is games. I don't have time for people who play silly games! Straight up please...
And yes, confidence is fab, so is humour - absolutely! Not taking no for an answer and keep asking isn't being masterful, it's being a pain in the backside :) It can come over as desperate, cocky or a bit scary, not good attributes imo.

You got the humour bit down pat! :)

I nearly changed it to 'confident' but thought you'd get the gist :)

And am sorry, your missus (or ex?) had a funny look on things, eek!

Sponsored Links
Back