Smoking….

Each to their own I suppose.You are a big boy.Sad for your loved ones but it is your life.
Why so sad?
I smoke in the privacy of my own home, or enjoy a quiet smoke in the shed when i'm out in the garden. I can keep control of any cravings in company who do not smoke and do not interfere in anyone's choice to abstain.

Sponsored Links
Can't stop, won't stop.
Even talking about it makes me want to roll one up.

Have you seriously tried to stop?

I would have said the same as you, before I tried and stopped at my first attempt. All you may need is a substitute for the smoking activity.

Why so sad?
Increasing your risk of cancer and your family watching you suffer a chronic illness.I cannot comprehend why anyone would wish to suck anything into there lungs except fresh air,hundreds of times a day, all their adult life.End result, gasping for breath, a very unpleasant state.Not many more distressing feelings than gasping for air.

Sponsored Links
As you vape addicts have discovered, there are different ways to satisfy your nicotine cravings.

Although nicotine is highly addictive, I accept that, when I first tried to give up smoking I tried nicotine patches which did nothing to allay the craving for a smoke, nor did nicotine chewing gum, despite the fact I was feeding my body with nicotine. With vaping it was for me as enjoyable as smoking as the motion of sucking in and blowing out smoke gave instant gratification, I suspect there's more to it than nicotine addiction.

It is, it is as much the physical action which becomes habit forming, as the nic intake itself.

Totally agree. I can sit for hours using my hands doing a bench top task or up a ladder fitting something. I can't sit down for more than an hour watching TV without the need to get up and have a fag. Sometimes I get up and go have a potter in my shed for 10-15 minutes then come back and sit down again. I no longer smoke in my car but I am happy to hold a fag between my fingers as I drive and occasionally have a 'dry' pull on it. It's the actions as much as, if not more, of doing certain movements with your hands without taking in smoke.

no longer smoke in my car but I am happy to hold a fag between my fingers as I drive and occasionally have a 'dry' pull on it.
Lol....my Dad gave up years ago but still likes the comfort of a pack of fags beside his bed.

I started when I was 11 and gave up at 21. Was still at primary school - but it was in the liberal 70s. Bizarrely I suddenly got a craving for them about 10 years ago and took it up again for a couple of years. I won't be lighting up again, though I may have a Christmas cigar.

Like one or two on here, I actually like the smell of fresh cigarette smoke when someone is smoking - not to be confused with the old stale smell in people's homes or cars. I wouldn't want to be in a room with lots of smokers, but when I catch a waft of the smoke blowing into the pub from a smoker outside the door enjoying a quick gasper it's not unpleasant to me.

Maybe it reminds me of how pubs used to be or childhood when smoke was everywhere.

I started when I was 11 and gave up at 21. Was still at primary school - but it was in the liberal 70s. Bizarrely I suddenly got a craving for them about 10 years ago and took it up again for a couple of years. I won't be lighting up again, though I may have a Christmas cigar.

Like one or two on here, I actually like the smell of fresh cigarette smoke when someone is smoking - not to be confused with the old stale smell in people's homes or cars. I wouldn't want to be in a room with lots of smokers, but when I catch a waft of the smoke blowing into the pub from a smoker outside the door enjoying a quick gasper it's not unpleasant to me.

Maybe it reminds me of how pubs used to be or childhood when smoke was everywhere.
I used to got to the off sales in local pub to buy crisps, when the landlord slid open the window
the waft of smoke and beer fumes was strong, if my grandad was in (mostly) he would pass his pint over for me to have a swig, well I was 9

I used to got to the off sales in local pub to buy crisps, when the landlord slid open the window
the waft of smoke and beer fumes was strong, if my grandad was in (mostly) he would pass his pint over for me to have a swig, well I was 9

In the early 40s my father who was about 9 or 10 would go to the off sales window (bottle and jug) of the local to get his mother's cider jug filled up. Different world.

Increasing your risk of cancer and your family watching you suffer a chronic illness.I cannot comprehend why anyone would wish to suck anything into there lungs except fresh air,hundreds of times a day, all their adult life.End result, gasping for breath, a very unpleasant state.Not many more distressing feelings than gasping for air.

I would not go as far to say that the air we breathe is fresh air , Suburban and other areas including country side areas the air is very carcinogenic

We don't mind if you don't smoke. If our smoking causes you a problem then please stay away from us.

I smoke, one day I will die. I would much rather die whilst smoking after sex or a good meal than die in front of a sh'lebrity tellyvideo or whilst moaning & whinging to the internets that my life is so boring & futile that I feel the need to attack those who dare to enjoy it.

Sponsored Links
Back