So what’s Boris going to announce tonight?

About 5 years ago. May have been more. I think the NHS wanted the beds for the really ill people. It was great though. Own room, Sky TV, an actual food menu and a good Wifi signal in my room.

Sponsored Links
You lucky bâstard I'm in Addenbrooks now...

Got my own room , its not the greatest and not allowed to leave it. ( Nice view)
WiFi not working
Have to pay for Sky. (Got five chanels)
Food ok nothing great.. from a menu (I used to love hospital food).
A bit bored..

Sponsored Links

Got my own room , its not the greatest and not allowed to leave it. ( Nice view)
WiFi not working
A bit bored..

Good luck

If you've got a phone and a tablet or laptop, can you use the phone to set up a local network for yourself? Hotspot or tethering? I do that sometimes. You'll probably need to put it on the charger. If you have a monthly allowance, you may be able to pay for an increase in advance rather than be hit by their excess charge.

Good luck

If you've got a phone and a tablet or laptop, can you use the phone to set up a local network for yourself? Hotspot or tethering? I do that sometimes. You'll probably need to put it on the charger. If you have a monthly allowance, you may be able to pay for an increase in advance rather than be hit by their excess charge.

Thanks John
I do normally do this but not worked.
USB, Bluetooth and tethering. I ll try again tomorrow and may ask for some advise..

Thank you

WiFi not working
A bit bored..

I was rushed into St James, Leeds, year before last and I was probably in shock when I arrived in the middle of the night, looking back. My first time in hospital. I was running hot and cold, unable to get an extra blanket, then unable to get a cooling fan more or less abandoned in a corner, until I was moved to a ward and put on drips.

Each bed had a TV on an massive adjustable bracket, free to watch until lunch time then you had to pay - except mine didn't work and I wasn't allowed out of bed. They gave you a menu to tick for the following day, choice of several items. If you were not in that bed the next day, who ever got the bed, got your choice of food - tough if you were Jewish and I had ordered pork ;) The actual food was mostly inedible, way below what I was used to. On my last day, they were saying I would be signed out that day, but it dragged on and on to the point where I was wondering if I had been forgotten. In the end I just left a note on the bed, saying I had left and made my way home - I was that desperate for some proper grub.

I was rushed into St James, Leeds, year before last and I was probably in shock when I arrived in the middle of the night, looking back. My first time in hospital. I was running hot and cold, unable to get an extra blanket, then unable to get a cooling fan more or less abandoned in a corner, until I was moved to a ward and put on drips.

Each bed had a TV on an massive adjustable bracket, free to watch until lunch time then you had to pay - except mine didn't work and I wasn't allowed out of bed. They gave you a menu to tick for the following day, choice of several items. If you were not in that bed the next day, who ever got the bed, got your choice of food - tough if you were Jewish and I had ordered pork ;) The actual food was mostly inedible, way below what I was used to. On my last day, they were saying I would be signed out that day, but it dragged on and on to the point where I was wondering if I had been forgotten. In the end I just left a note on the bed, saying I had left and made my way home - I was that desperate for some proper grub.

I spent 12 days in St Vincents Sydney. I was Nil by mouth most of them days. My first McDonald's out of there was a magical experience..

The food is so bad here it turns my stomach just looking at the pictures on the menu.

I spent 12 days in St Vincents Sydney. I was Nil by mouth most of them days. My first McDonald's out of there was a magical experience..

The food is so bad here it turns my stomach just looking at the pictures on the menu.

The food must have been horrific, if McDonalds is magical...........:LOL::LOL:

The food must have been horrific, if McDonalds is magical...........:LOL::LOL:

The food wasn't so bad but I'd say 10 of those 12 days I was not allowed to eat...

Aussie burgers were good.....

I might ask for a Burger King tomorrow.

I spent several weeks on a trachy and being fed "Jevity" by a tube, to try and get me to eat the nurses asked me what I would like to eat, they would arrange anything within reason. I asked for spaghetti Bolognese but somehow ended up with Goat Curry. It wasn't just your regular Goat Curry though, it was the spiciest substance know to man! The nurses had to give me pain killers because my trachy hole was burning so bad!
Good luck and best wishes with your treatment Bodd.

I spent several weeks on a trachy and being fed "Jevity" by a tube, to try and get me to eat the nurses asked me what I would like to eat, they would arrange anything within reason. I asked for spaghetti Bolognese but somehow ended up with Goat Curry. It wasn't just your regular Goat Curry though, it was the spiciest substance know to man! The nurses had to give me pain killers because my trachy hole was burning so bad!
Good luck and best wishes with your treatment Bodd.

Goat Curry sounds great...where did you get it?

Thank you for the wishes.

Goat Curry sounds great...where did you get it?

Thank you for the wishes.
I live in a small village that borders Cambs/Beds and Herts so Addenbrookes would have been my first choice, trouble is the ambulance took me to Bedford Hospital. Their menu has to cater for, possibly higher than average, ethnic patients. I'm not quite sure how I ended up with Goat Curry but I suspect somebody else may have been naffed of at getting spag bol!

I live in a small village that borders Cambs/Beds and Herts so Addenbrookes would have been my first choice, trouble is the ambulance took me to Bedford Hospital. Their menu has to cater for, possibly higher than average, ethnic patients. I'm not quite sure how I ended up with Goat Curry but I suspect somebody else may have been naffed of at getting spag bol!
:(

Sponsored Links
Back