So what’s Boris going to announce tonight?

Boris Johnson’s guide to acting the prick in serious situations (thedailymash.co.uk)

WISH you had a devil-may-care buccaneering attitude like myself, Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson? Here’s how to behave inappropriately even when locking down Britain:

Use stupid phrases

I’ve previously referred to ‘the bugle of the scientific cavalry’ and ‘vital arrows in our epidemiological quiver’, so last night I tried ‘we have a fair wind in our sails’. I’m hoping everyone thinks we’re going on an 18th-century nautical adventure, those ones where half the crew dies.

Muss up your hair again

Your hair, of course, should be roguishly unkempt. Nothing says ‘I’m taking this unprecedented public health crisis seriously’ like a 56-year-old man who’s more concerned with the lustre of the blonde covering up the pink bald patches.

Do a thing with your fists

As you may have noticed, I like to clench my hands in fists and do frustrated little gestures with them. It looks determined, it looks macho, and if you overdid it on the Chateau Lafite the night before, no one will notice your Frenchman’s shake.

Appear to be acting badly

Keep the audience guessing as to whether you’re sincere, trying so hard to sound sincere it comes across as false, or a sociopath putting on an act. Whichever is true, your overall performance should be so unconvincing people are reminded of Hollyoaks or Acorn Antiques.

Spin the facts till you’re dizzy

Last night I presented this utter shambles as a triumph for British vaccines, scientists and our wonderful NHS which we Tories have always backed to the hilt. It’s all nonsense, obviously, but a bit of ****ing over the Union Jack worked at the last election.

Look like an unrepentant serial killer

Be calm, confident and friendly, oblivious to the impact your words are having. If there’s one thing guaranteed to prove you are treating Covid with utmost seriousness it’s treating it with the breezy disregard of Ted Bundy.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Lol at the generalisations. Schools can be made safer if we give them extra money but I suppose there is no fast track scheme for dodgy school contracts.

Maybe if we didnt spaff billions on a failing track and trace we could have invested that in schools.

At the expense of children lol - more gaslighting - the same Gov that wanted poorer kids to go hungry. The same Government that has cut school budgets. (y)

Independent schools are simply better funded. They have more resources per child and higher teacher to pupil numbers. It's not elitist, it's a simple measure of resources.

Schools have shut, as everyone knew they had to. Just after a few weeks of mucking around and wasting everyone's time, preventing any preparation.

Well, everyone did know and did expect it, so why were they not able to plan.

My partner works in the local school and says lots of parents are pushing their employers to provide them with 'essential worker' letters, so they can keep sending their kids to school. Schools are remaining open for such kids, which is perhaps wrong - there cannot be many parents who cannot find some family to look after their kids.

Exactly right, and i pay them twice. Once to the state sector for a place that my son doesn't need and once to the private school.
There’s plenty of childless people that pay for school places that they don’t use as well as private dental and health patients that also pay twice using your methodology. Don't feel hard done by, just consider yourself fortunate enough to be able to 'pay twice'. There’s plenty of others that would like to be able to do the same. (y)

my wife works in a motor factors and hears/ sees this everyday from mechanics and jumped up chancers that come in the shop, they have many signs on the door, provide free masks and gloves, and hand sanitixer and virtually everyone who walks in the shop refuses to wear a mask, even when asked to she just gets the reply "i'm exempt luv".

she refuses to serve them, but usually one of the guys she works with ends up serving them.

There should be no acceptable excuses without a letter of proof. The other option is one of they self isolate and someone else does their shopping. I have seen whole families in shops with no masks, I cannot accept that all of them are exempt. I have made comments to staff and staff say it is not there job to police mask wearing. I have spoken to bus operators, they don't seem interested either about passengers without masks on their buses.

There’s plenty of childless people that pay for school places that they don’t use as well as private dental and health patients that also pay twice using your methodology. Don't feel hard done by, just consider yourself fortunate enough to be able to 'pay twice'. There’s plenty of others that would like to be able to do the same. (y)
Back in the day some people were clever enough to get a free scholarship :)

Exactly right, and i pay them twice. Once to the state sector for a place that my son doesn't need and once to the private school.
But the tax breaks for private education which subsidise those school fees equal or even outweigh the contribution you pay in your taxes towards education.
Unless of course you are rich enough not to notice, but if you're very rich you can 'avoid' taxes anyway ;)

Thats your choice... your a very lucky man to be able to do so..... your son is also very lucky to have a good start in life ...

We all make our own luck in life. Well done your one of lifes winner's

Sponsored Links
Back