So what’s Boris going to announce tonight?

Sponsored Links
Hopefully if the business isn't enforcing best practice from customers, it will at least have taken measures such as the installation of perspex screens at the serving counter/area to offer staff some protection.

The sad thing is, look at it this way. If all businesses (that are allowed to remain open) complied with the guidance, there would be less chance of them losing trade. So let's say purely as a made-up example there are 5 motor factor businesses in your town/area. If they all followed best practice, customers would very likely still go to the business they usually go to, cause if they need a part they need a part. Whereas if 3 businesses comply and 2 don't then yes, the ****s might be tempted to go to one of the non-compliant businesses meaning the other businesses lose trade.

yeah they got perspex screens etc, and the staff wear face sheilds, shes more annoyed taht they can spread it onto the tool stands and other sundries they have in the shop, which then spreads it onto the next customer. they do their best by cleaning the card machine after every use, but to consistently disinfect the shop contents is too much of a task.

But of course those pupils in expensive schools will get an education whilst those not so lucky will lose out...

And spare a thought for University students who are not only paying on average the highest tuition fees in the world, but are also having to continue to pay vast amounts for accommodation that they can now no longer legally access!
My son goes to a private equivalent to a primary school.

His school managed to provide on line teaching in the first lockdown, albeit shaky at first. All pupils were given a free office 365 account and their lessons were held via teams. Some students didn't have access to PC's, tablets or decent broadband. Most of those were able to attend the lessons via mobile phones. Those that couldn't do the work on line had the work posted out to them. Completed work was then either marked on line or photographed and sent in. Fees were reduced by 20%

This time around they are much better prepared and i expect will do it well from the tomorrow when school restarts.

The big difference between the private sector and the state sector is that when first lockdown happened, the private schools looked for ways to make things work the best way they could rather than looking for excuses as to why they couldn't do things. Ultimately, the private schools knew that if they didn't do the best they could, parents wouldn't pay and private teachers knew they'd be furloughed or lose their jobs.

Unlike the state sector where teachers know that it costs them nothing if they find reasons not to work.

Sponsored Links
The big difference between the private sector and the state sector is that when first lockdown happened, the private schools looked for ways to make things work the best way they could rather than looking for excuses as to why they couldn't do things. Ultimately, the private schools knew that if they didn't do the best they could, parents wouldn't pay and private teachers knew they'd be furloughed or lose their jobs.

I do agree with you across the board not just schools. We are a nation of whingers, just wanting to blame others rather than adapting to were we find ourselves.

Yip..you certainly are

I wouldn't have expected a basic bloke to be able to see any further than the lies that you seem to revel in swallowing from Johnson and his cohort. Too lazy to think let alone look further than the 10 o'clock news. This issue is too important for the massive damage to the economy and the millions going without a pay check to let a bunch of lying politicians have carte blanche. Closing down the whole country for months at a time without proper debate and scrutiny.

But you thought Brexit was the answer to all our problems, so keep swallowing their BS. (y)

Last edited:
So Johnson is saying lockdown will start to be eased in Feb and Gove saying mid March. And the majority trust these people with their health, livelihoods and the future of the country? Jaysus! They can't even agree among themselves.

And even if we are to believe their BS 'stats', how do they know that the situation will be any better in Feb or March? Oh yes, the normal peak period for winter hospital admissions will be coming to an end. As it does every year at that time. Hang on a minute, maybe they'll find another variant that 'could possibly maybe' be more transmissable. 'Possibly, maybe' between '10 and 70%' more transmissible. You got to laugh! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
The big difference between the private sector and the state sector is that when first lockdown happened, the private schools looked for ways to make things work the best way they could rather than looking for excuses as to why they couldn't do things.

Unlike the state sector where teachers know that it costs them nothing if they find reasons not to work.
And therein lies the elitist mentality!

The private schools have the resources (and tax breaks) whilst state schools are constantly denied adequate funding...

And a teacher is a teacher, so how dare you claim that because a teacher is in the state sector they are work shy!

Would you say that about the health service?
Because you have to remember that whilst the private sector can provide routine medical care (at a cost), when it comes to whether your life is saved or not it comes down to a public service.
There are no private A&E's!

And a teacher is a teacher, so how dare you claim that because a teacher is in the state sector they are work shy!

27380FE6-2FA3-49E3-8FA3-A9DB690BE023.gif

They have their fair share of lead swingers and **** takers too. Every public sector does.

Straight from the horse's mouth (y)

I’ll take all that Rishi offers me. BTW, we had a little tickle on the premium bonds today. £125. That’ll buy a couple or three bottles of nice wine. Gotta say thanks to you once again for wishing that karma on me. Backatcha! (y)

My son goes to a private equivalent to a primary school.

His school managed to provide on line teaching in the first lockdown, albeit shaky at first. All pupils were given a free office 365 account and their lessons were held via teams. Some students didn't have access to PC's, tablets or decent broadband. Most of those were able to attend the lessons via mobile phones. Those that couldn't do the work on line had the work posted out to them. Completed work was then either marked on line or photographed and sent in. Fees were reduced by 20%

This time around they are much better prepared and i expect will do it well from the tomorrow when school restarts.

That is why you pay the fees

And therein lies the elitist mentality!

The private schools have the resources (and tax breaks) whilst state schools are constantly denied adequate funding...

Because you have to remember that whilst the private sector can provide routine medical care (at a cost), when it comes to whether your life is saved or not it comes down to a public service.
There are no private A&E's!
Its not elitist, its reality.

Whether its private schools vs state schools or private companies vs the state sector, the outcome is generally the same.

if the government had told me that to reopen my factory after the christmas shutdown i was going to have to start testing all my staff, i guarantee that my co directors and i would not have sat round looking for ways not to open. One way or another we would have found a way to do it.

I don't think all teachers are work shy, but as a collective they have been extremely left wing orientated and union dominated for years. The unions are completely politicised and are using Covid as another excuse to take on the government at the expense of children. The comfort factor of state employees in general knowing that the risk of them losing their jobs or even taking a hit to their income is negligible if they don't find ways to make things work is a disincentive in my opinion.

Sponsored Links
Back