So what’s Boris going to announce tonight?

Sponsored Links
There’s plenty of childless people that pay for school places that they don’t use as well as private dental and health patients that also pay twice using your methodology. Don't feel hard done by, just consider yourself fortunate enough to be able to 'pay twice'. There’s plenty of others that would like to be able to do the same. (y)

I wish I paid £1m in tax every year.

There’s plenty of childless people that pay for school places that they don’t use as well as private dental and health patients that also pay twice using your methodology. Don't feel hard done by, just consider yourself fortunate enough to be able to 'pay twice'. There’s plenty of others that would like to be able to do the same. (y)
I absolutely do not feel hard done by, quite the opposite. I only make the point because i think people forget that school fees are paid out of taxed income.

My wife and i work hard and make significant personal sacrifices to be able to afford to send our son to the school he goes to. We were only able to have one child, so chose to spend the extra to give him the best possible start in life in areas that count rather than spoil him.

But the tax breaks for private education which subsidise those school fees equal or even outweigh the contribution you pay in your taxes towards education.
Unless of course you are rich enough not to notice, but if you're very rich you can 'avoid' taxes anyway ;)
How do the tax breaks subsidise the school? Genuine question, not looking for an argument.

My son's school is a charitable trust, not privately owned. Any profit they make is immediately reinvested back into the school so no tax would be due anyway.

I only wish i was rich enough to avoid tax.

Sponsored Links
I don't think we should be giving a guy who chooses to send his son to a privately funded school a hard time, he's doing what's best for his son and he doesn't have to answer to anyone on here.
No, I’m all for it. Places taken in private schools, dentists, healthcare etc free up places for others in the state sector. (y)

I don't think we should be giving a guy who chooses to send his son to a privately funded school a hard time, he's doing what's best for his son and he doesn't have to answer to anyone on here.

Totally agree i wish I could do the same for my children. But alot of people work very hard.

Lots of Mums & Dads struggle to give their kids the basics. Now more than any other time is the time not to have a moan because people are really going through tough shiť.

No, I’m all for it. Places taken in private schools, dentists, healthcare etc free up places for others in the state sector. (y)
Who carries out the private healthcare etc? What would they be doing if there were no private healthcare etc?

It is just a way of queue-jumping.

Not always. When I had a hernia op a few years ago, the NHS sent me to a private hospital. No spaces in the NHS ones.

Back in the day some people were clever enough to get a free scholarship :)
Yeah rite...My mate was accepted for Grammar School...Thick as mince but mother a teacher!!..What a coincidence..."Its who youknow"

Sponsored Links
Back