So what cars do you all own then?

Good cars, wish I could afford a new BMW, they feel so solid, and are comfortable.

Wotan

Sponsored Links
I never knew there weren't any roads connecting the two places :confused: Never mind eh, luckily our children and theirs won't need any petrol when they grow up so it seems only right that you use as much of it as you can.

This thread is about what cars people drive, not for you to have a pop at me for driving a gaz guzzler :rolleyes:

Anyway, btt, this is Crank39's motor :cool:

Volvo_2.jpg

Volvo_4.jpg

Is that an 850R? I remember when they came out, back in the 90's there wernt many motors that did a sub 7.0 0-60 :eek: :cool:

Yes Mw its the 850R, the quickest out the 3 (T-5, T-5R and 850R)and on a couple of occasions i did take it up to 160, wouldnt of gone much more but for a big heavy car that was good i thought, 5cyl 2.3 turbo, what a rush :D

Turned out it was a rare spec, mine had black alcantara interior when most reds had tan, mine was also a manual when most were auto, even had air con AND a sun roof.

Loved it but had to go but once im working again i will get another

Heres a little clip of one, the engine noise brings it all back and makes me more determined to get another, mine would spin up like that in 3rd gear but only in the wet but it was standard.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew6YwIN2IQc&feature=related

Sponsored Links
always fancied an 850 or s70 t5R but they all seem to be high mileage auto's.....front wheel drive too. :cry:

Dont worry about the mileage a great deal the engines are bullet proof, i drove mine once for about 10 miles with the thermostat stuck shut and the temp gauge of the dial and the head gasket stayed intact, never once had a problem with mine although i was a low mileage example at 78k but i sold it to a mate at 120k, he split up with his mrs so sold it before she could claim half, he sold it at 130k and strangely enough decided to buy it back 6 months later once the dust had settled, he loves it too same as i did when i had it but he's put a stainless on it and a dump valve.

Id have an estate next time though so i can take me dog out, the mileage wont bother me, for 3.5k its cheap enough as a run about and a chuck away car but actually you get a lot of car for your money, mine was fully and i mean fully loaded, i took it to a volvo dealer for the cambelt change and while there they checked the history via the chassis number and when new it cost 38k in 1996, i bought it in 2000 for 12k.

Mw Roofline, for a thread you started, you're doing a damn good job between you and dextrous trying to ruin it! I'd put a picture up but dont see the point, tbh, amongst the self-moderated empty posts. I drive a citroen C4 in wicked red.

Dont worry about the mileage a great deal the engines are bullet proof, i drove mine once for about 10 miles with the thermostat stuck shut and the temp gauge of the dial and the head gasket stayed intact, never once had a problem with mine although i was a low mileage example at 78k but i sold it to a mate at 120k, he split up with his mrs so sold it before she could claim half, he sold it at 130k and strangely enough decided to buy it back 6 months later once the dust had settled, he loves it too same as i did when i had it but he's put a stainless on it and a dump valve.

Id have an estate next time though so i can take me dog out, the mileage wont bother me, for 3.5k its cheap enough as a run about and a chuck away car but actually you get a lot of car for your money, mine was fully and i mean fully loaded, i took it to a volvo dealer for the cambelt change and while there they checked the history via the chassis number and when new it cost 38k in 1996, i bought it in 2000 for 12k.

holy depreciation batman. :eek:

thats why i buy old cars, you get a great spec car for buttons and if you buy carefully you get few issues.

my problem is i'll never be a millionaire, that means i can only afford a few of the hundreds of cars i want to own. :LOL:

In our household.

2004 Audi A3 2.0 TDI S-Line
2005 Mini Cooper S

1972 Ford Cortina GT Coupe with a Small Block V8 in it.

I have a modest volvo s40, very modest I know.....to make myself feel good at night I pretend it's a bugatti veyron.

I keep to speed limits as I cannot afford another 3 points and to loose my license.....I have learnt...but I am dreading the day I am cought unawares.

Sponsored Links
Back