The best country in the world.

God no, bring on the heat. Lovely lovely hot sunshine with a breeze. Can't beat it :)
That feeling when you get off a plane into a hot country and the heat just hits you - best feeling in the world :) :)

Sponsored Links
God no, bring on the heat. Lovely lovely hot sunshine with a breeze. Can't beat it :)
That feeling when you get off a plane into a hot country and the heat just hits you - best feeling in the world :) :)

On days like this it's hard to disagree. However I'd rather be hear today than in or around Sydney. 40 C is far to hot

Sponsored Links
Apart from the pub culture and sense of humour - both of which you need to live in The UK, I can see that the country has gone down and become far less civilised from my youth. Can't believe the levels of violence in some parts and don't feel safe in many parts of The UK.

Looking to relocate to Czech Republic (Moravia) next year. Best beer at under £1 pint, uncrowded, low cost of living, better weather, civilised people who share the same culture (if you get my drift (y) ), people with manners like we last had in the 60s, people who take joy in living not just money and flash cars, pub culture like the one we're rapidly losing, public transport that is cheap and almost ridiculously punctual and regular, dine out for fiver a head 2 courses, uncrowded roads in good state of repair, low crime, very low non-EU immigration, clean air, peace and quiet, houses available from few thousand pounds (we're looking at houses just outside a town with land in good repair for approx. £40,000) , safe to be out any time day or night, even in the capital, right to bear arms etc, etc, etc.

CZ is a little secret that retains most things that The UK has thrown away in the unwise pursuit of constant economic growth that helps no one but those at the top.

Last edited:
What is it with you lot, more than 4•C doesn't even warrant a coat. You must have thin blood.

I've often thought that heat - within reason- is ok if you don't have to work in it. If you're retired, etc then you can avoid the hottest times of the day but enjoy the cooler early mornings or long evenings. Beats being stuck inside.

Unfortunately I have too many memories of being stuck in airless cities, sweating in cars with no ac and choking on the smog. Then getting to a stuffy office where the summer heat made it difficult to think straight. When I was older my work was more manual and remember working in the heat and being drenched in sweat. Heat's no good for working in. Not for me, anyway.

On days like this it's hard to disagree. However I'd rather be hear today than in or around Sydney. 40 C is far to hot

For you. Not for me.

On holiday maybe, but I can't see how anyone can realistically work in those temperatures, for any prolonged period. Especially if it doesn't cool down much at night, and you can't sleep well.

On holiday maybe, but I can't see how anyone can realistically work in those temperatures, for any prolonged period. Especially if it doesn't cool down much at night, and you can't sleep well.

Went to Texas once. The heat was bad, but the very high humidity made it almost unbearable. Only people moving around outside and working were the Mexicans, who were for obvious reasons known as 'wetbacks'. Remembered taking the car to shopping malls, and had to leave the car quickly after parking because the ac went off with the engine. The temp in the car got very uncomfortable very quickly. Had to make for the air conditioned sanctuary of the mall. Very few people there walk anywhere.

I much prefer the summer rather than winter. A Queensland winter was perfect. Summer not as nice. There's a reason why Australians are only 2nd to Americans for being the fattest in the world.
They drive from air con house in air con car to air con office.

Yes, always best to be on holiday, full stop :) I seriously don't mind the heat, working or otherwise - and even in hot countries I sleep with a cover. I just much prefer the feeling of being warm to the bone than chilled to the bone - am not a sunbather or anything on holiday, too boring, but it's just being out and about in reliable, hot sunshine is just the best.

I despise being too hot especially at work. Detest getting into a warm bed. I often have the window open in the middle of Winter.

I despise being too hot especially at work. Detest getting into a warm bed. I often have the window open in the middle of Winter.

I suppose that would be like a lolly pop getting into a frying pan.

My bedroom window is open and radiator off 365 days a year.
I cant stand a stuffy bedroom

Sponsored Links
Back