The Power Of Social Media

Sponsored Links
Oh God. More 'mourning sickness'. Will it ever end? :rolleyes:

That's insensitive to say the least. You do realise that the world you are living in is the one that this gentleman selflessly fought for all those years ago.

Doubtless you'll say you don't care. If that's the case, you don't deserve the freedom he fought for.

Oh God. More 'mourning sickness'. Will it ever end? :rolleyes:

If it had ended 70 odd years ago, (which it would have it weren't for people like this veteran) then you would not be able to post the drivel that you do.

Sponsored Links
My Grandad was gassed in the war and didn't survive. Was the world interested? Hardly. Stop this ridiculous showing pf public grief. It's a carnival, it's not real. They never knew the bloke. Will they remember him next year? (or even next week?) Will they fook. It's a circus. :rolleyes:

You have a bitter and twisted view of the world, then joe.

Of course the world was "interested". That's why every year there are remembrance services and parades and those who were lost in the two world wars have their names called out.

"Lest we forget"

As for the service for Harold, bless him, it was not so much a public show of grief as a massive show of support for the last Dambuster who looked like he was going to his grave alone. No human being deserves that, least of all a hero.

The fact that nobody knew him is immaterial: we all owe him and everyone like him who fought in the war recognition for their efforts. Will they remember him? Well, I'm sure those adults who went to his funeral will. I read the article in the paper and I will remember him. Why would I forget?

Circus, carnival? You're a very strange man joe.

It's all real.

Well, out here it is, anyway.

You dodo!!

What guilt?

He, and all the countless others, would have been remembered every year since war's end and will be remembered every year into the future.

Yea he was remembered in spirit every Remembrance day, I bet that comforted him in his dying days spent alone! :rolleyes:

I'm sure the care staff did what they could.

As for the relatives, I don't know.

Yea he was remembered in spirit every Remembrance day, I bet that comforted him in his dying days spent alone! :rolleyes:

Sounds like the kind of guy who liked it that way.

I certainly don't want loads of people fawning over me on my death bed or at my funeral but funerals are obviously for the living not the dead.

That's remarkable how so many people turned up for his funeral.

I have every respect for men (and women) who fought for this country and I make a point of watching the Remembrance Day parades at both the Albert Hall and the Cenotaph every year.

Unfortunately, though, I see from the article that someone else is using the word 'hero' again where it is probably an exaggeration. Whilst this man deserves all our respect and thanks, I saw no mention of any heroic acts. My father was also an RAF ground crew (a fitter-armourer) in the war and, like this man, did his duty but I don't refer to him as a hero.

Sponsored Links
Back