We Need These Signs On Our Motorways!

The left lane is full of trucks doing 58. No use to anyone traveling at 70mph.

Sponsored Links
If someone is doing 70 in the middle lane and there is traffic behind, why should he pull over? Unless it's an emergency vehicle.

Because it is the Law, the middle and outside lanes are overtaking lanes. You are supposed to drive on the inside lane unless you are overtaking, having done so you should pull back into the inside lane when safe to do so.
Believing that someone who passes you is speeding and so breaking the Law does not justify you sitting in the middle lane and breaking the Law, your speedo could be wrong and just because you believe you are travelling at the speed limit doesn't mean that you are.
Try considering other road users instead of just yourself.
I already do, I consider most other road users as idiots. :LOL:

There's no point arguing with the type of people that try to justify driving in the middle and overtaking lanes only. Most of them openly declare that they don't give a toss about other road users so why would they give a toss about the problems they cause the rest of us. The best we can hope for is they eventually get booked and it costs them some money - and points.

Sponsored Links
There's no point arguing with the type of people that try to justify driving in the middle and overtaking lanes only. Most of them openly declare that they don't give a toss about other road users so why would they give a toss about the problems they cause the rest of us. The best we can hope for is they eventually get booked and it costs them some money - and points.

No point arguing with the type of person who thinks speed limits are for everyone but them, we all know its usually not a case of one vehicle doing 70 and one doing 77 its one doing 70 and one doing 90 odd.

No point arguing with the type of person who thinks speed limits are for everyone but them, we all know its usually not a case of one vehicle doing 70 and one doing 77 its one doing 70 and one doing 90 odd.

Why do you care about the one doing 90.????
pull over.
what does it matter to you????

What do you care about the guy in the middle lane - use the outside one.

What do you care about the guy in the middle lane - use the outside one.

F*ck me, in an ideal world there would be an outside lane to use.

Nope, all clogged up.
Caused by selfish people not moving over.

Very dangerous people.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
What about driving through road works, 50mph average speed cameras and a sign telling you to stay in lane? ;)

The left lane is full of trucks doing 58. No use to anyone traveling at 70mph.

Trucks don't do 58, they are restricted to 56 or 90kph...It's an EU thing. In the UK the speed limit for trucks on the motorway is actually 60.

Many distribution companies restrict their trucks to 52 to save fuel and cut costs though it has an added benefit of irritating the kind of car driver who constantly complains of trucks being in their way and are preventing them from getting to the shops to buy the stuff that the truck is transporting....

Why do you care about the one doing 90.????
pull over.
what does it matter to you????

Most self entitled of you.

Why do you think its ok for you to exceed the stated maximum speed limit?

Some drivers ( more accurately car users ) have no idea of lane discipline and some do not have any idea of what is happening behind them

Last year I watched a car doing 70 in the third lane of the M6 with a police car on blues and twos and alternating heads trying to get past it. Lanes one and two were busy but there was room for the offending car to have moved into lane two to let the police past.

The police could have moved to lane two and under took the car but this is considered to be high risk when the offending driver has not noticided the police car as the offending driver may panic and pull into lane two and hit the police car.

A friend was driving an ambulance on blues and twos on a dual carriage way lane two when a car moved from lane one into lane two a few yards in front of the ambulance.

Not as dangerous as travelling at 70mph in the middle lane, passing lorries in the inner lane travelling at 60mph and then, just as you are approaching the rear end of one, he pulls out without indicating less than 6 feet in front of you causing you to slam on your brakes because someone is going past you in the outside lane at 75mph!

The said lorry then takes about 3 miles to pass the one on the inside and the motorway has been reduced to 2 lanes because of roadworks meaning you can't move out and overtake him! :evil:

I took the details of the lorry, (registration, company name, time, place etc), and phoned up when I got home. Company wasn't interested as they said all their drivers were self employed and G8 Nationals!

Very annoying, that. I have a 'dash cam' and such things are usually recorded. Even so, I have a feeling that reporting it to the police, and even offering video evidence, wouldn't achieve anything.

- They are increasing undermanned.
- They suffer from a surfeit of paperwork.
- Even if they go to the trouble, our lenient judges would let them off.

Mark my words, this country will end up like the Wild West one day!

Well surpassed that, the wild west, is sadly a wild myth, whilst it was definitely west, it wasn't very wild at all. Even billy the kid only killed 4 people.

Most self entitled of you.

Why do you think its ok for you to exceed the stated maximum speed limit?

:rolleyes: Where have I said that then.???

I move over to let faster vehicles get by, it's a case of common courtesy flumpy.

So you can stick your pomposity right in your bottom. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back