Why cross the channel? Here's why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Katie Hopkins is fearless and I am 100% behind her. She puts her money where her mouth is and she speaks for the anti-establishment silent majority, i.e. the taxpayer. Watch the clip. Cue loony lefties calling her a nazi.

She is a self serving, nonskilled, self publicist. Even she cannot truly believe the vitriol she constantly spouts.

I think she would actually find that an ASeeker cannot CHOOSE a house, flat, hotel or hostel. They will be placed at the council's descretion and availability. Illegal immigrants get nothing, I believe.

But I suppose this is to be expected from a private convent educated daughter of a banker

Sponsored Links
Look at all the snowflakes on here.

https://fullfact.org/immigration/asylum-seekers-and-refugees/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46722157

In 2017, there were 26,350 applications for asylum made in the UK.

In total in the UK, there were 21,290 decisions made with 31.8% gaining some form of protection.

At the end of last year, there were 24,557 people waiting for an asylum decision of whom 42% had been waiting more than six months, which is the Home Office's target for initial rulings to be made.

Of the 14,149 appeals determined in 2017, 5,022 - a third - were allowed, in effect overturning the Home Office's initial decision.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...g-september-2018/summary-of-latest-statistics

In the year ending September 2018, the UK issued 15,170 grants of asylum, alternative forms of protection and resettlement (42%, or 6,394, of which were children). This was a fall of 3% compared with the previous year.

If you crunch the numbers then you will see there are about 40k in the system - if they each get £37.50 - that's £1.5m a week. About £75-80m a year. If you factor in housing costing that much again (being generous) then it's about £150m a year.

That amount should come out of the Foreign Aid Budget.

When Chris Grayling let Virgin end their East Coast contract early they were let off from paying £2bn.

Sure we should be spending less on Asylum by speeding up the process but when put into perspective it seems that RW on here would rather complain about the wrong issue as usual.

Last edited:
Look at all the snowflakes on here.

https://fullfact.org/immigration/asylum-seekers-and-refugees/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46722157

In 2017, there were 26,350 applications for asylum made in the UK.

In total in the UK, there were 21,290 decisions made with 31.8% gaining some form of protection.

At the end of last year, there were 24,557 people waiting for an asylum decision of whom 42% had been waiting more than six months, which is the Home Office's target for initial rulings to be made.

Of the 14,149 appeals determined in 2017, 5,022 - a third - were allowed, in effect overturning the Home Office's initial decision.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...g-september-2018/summary-of-latest-statistics

In the year ending September 2018, the UK issued 15,170 grants of asylum, alternative forms of protection and resettlement (42%, or 6,394, of which were children). This was a fall of 3% compared with the previous year.

If you crunch the numbers then you will see there are about 40k in the system - if they each get £37.50 - that's £1.5m a week. About £75-80m a year. If you factor in housing costing that much again (being generous) then it's about £150m a year.

Dont forget to factor in the money the Security Firms are getting for running the Detention Centres for migrants ,

C4S refuse to state how much they charge but they make 41.5% profit yearly,
Mitre charge the Government £ 1/2 billion to run their side of the business
So the costs of the migrants is " Chicken Feed" compared to how much big business rakes off from the tax payer for running these centres .

Dont forget to factor in the money the Security Firms are getting for running the Detention Centres for migrants ,

C4S refuse to state how much they charge but they make 41.5% profit yearly,
Mitre charge the Government £ 1/2 billion to run their side of the business
So the costs of the migrants is " Chicken Feed" compared to how much big business rakes off from the tax payer for running these centres .

The tail wagging the dog.

Sponsored Links

When Chris Grayling let Virgin end their East Coast contract early they were let off from paying £2bn.
Yes, but the xenophobes like to make a mountain out of a molehill to fit their warped argument...

The same goes with 'health tourism'.

It is a tiny fraction of the NHS budget, and yet the howling of said xenophobes would make you think it is what is bringing the system down!
(The beardy one's company makes more in profits than so-called 'health tourism' costs, and pays no corporation tax whilst unlike the NHS itslf enjoys a rigged 'no VAT' status - but that seems ok).

And what about the generations of indigenous benefit scroungers?
There are a lot less than the right wing papers would have you think, but the numbers swamp asylum seeker numbers...

Is that way of life ok because they are 'ours'?

Ellal, people ARE allowed to voice their concerns about health tourism without being called a racist by you.. They don't actually know how much it costs the NHS, estimated between 100-300 million a year. Just because it's a small part of what the NHS needs, the NHS is underfunded and that money should not be used to pay for people who are not entitled.

I suppose, it depends on what you define as benefit scroungers, but only about 1% of welfare is spent on JSA for instance.

Yes, but the xenophobes like to make a mountain out of a molehill to fit their warped argument...

The same goes with 'health tourism'.

It is a tiny fraction of the NHS budget, and yet the howling of said xenophobes would make you think it is what is bringing the system down!
(The beardy one's company makes more in profits than so-called 'health tourism' costs, and pays no corporation tax whilst unlike the NHS itslf enjoys a rigged 'no VAT' status - but that seems ok).

And what about the generations of indigenous benefit scroungers?
There are a lot less than the right wing papers would have you think, but the numbers swamp asylum seeker numbers...

Is that way of life ok because they are 'ours'?

Seriously?

Things need to be put into perspective but you sound as bad as the rabid RW on here.

As to the indigenous benefit scroungers - whatever that terms means - there are some who indeed are living off the system but most people on benefits are on in work benefits who I am sure would like to work more and get out of the situation they are in.

Ellal, people ARE allowed to voice their concerns about health tourism without being called a racist by you

Is Ellal moaning about something again? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

If didnt have freedom of movement we would have loads more room for asylum seekers (y)

Ellal, people ARE allowed to voice their concerns about health tourism without being called a racist by you.. They don't actually know how much it costs the NHS, estimated between 100-300 million a year. Just because it's a small part of what the NHS needs, the NHS is underfunded and that money should not be used to pay for people who are not entitled.
Ah, you obviously don't understand the difference between racist and xenophobe :rolleyes:
Not surprising though!

And of course whatever their attitude to 'foreigners' may be, people are allowed to voice their concerns.

Equally other people are allowed to point out how out of proportion those concerns are.

I note you didn't address my point about corporate profits...

Each private company takes a 'small part' of 'what the NHS needs', but as a whole their profits dwarf any money lost to those who are 'not entitled'...

Should not the greater 'evil' not be addressed with as much vigour?
Or is it ok to put profit before peoples' health?

:ROFLMAO: You love winding him up. He can be insufferable at times.
Yeah, but he loves running rings around notchy and pointing out notchy's numerous 'shortcomings'...

That's one of the reasons why notchy deletes/alters posts and topics so often ;)

Ah, you obviously don't understand the difference between racist and xenophobe :rolleyes:
Not surprising though!

And of course whatever their attitude to 'foreigners' may be, people are allowed to voice their concerns.

Equally other people are allowed to point out how out of proportion those concerns are.

I note you didn't address my point about corporate profits...

Each private company takes a 'small part' of 'what the NHS needs', but as a whole their profits dwarf any money lost to those who are 'not entitled'...

Should not the greater 'evil' not be addressed with as much vigour?
Or is it ok to put profit before peoples' health?
You're just so quick to call all and sundry a racist, I just don't care about semantics when it comes to you.

People like you make everything much worse. You're so quick to judge the person who any voice of concern that it's damaging. The UK is not and doesn't have the money to give everyone and anyone in the world whatever they like if they want to live here. It's because of this lack of communication that the media and all sorts are using this to promote divide and people are rising against foreigners and that is just bloody awful.

NHS tourism is just one part of what is wrong with the UK. What's wrong with travel insurance btw? Whenever I go overseas I am to get insurance as I have never paid into any other countries health system. I don't expect to be helped for free.

You're just so quick to call all and sundry a racist, I just don't care about semantics when it comes to you.
Did I say racist here?

Just because you can't/don't want to answer the question doesn't mean you can rip up the book of definitions ;)

And if only applied to some but not others, that makes you look rather stupid!

People like you make everything much worse. You're so quick to judge the person who any voice of concern that it's damaging. The UK is not and doesn't have the money to give everyone and anyone in the world whatever they like if they want to live here.
And yet you won't address the real reasons why the UK doesn't 'have the money', and instead goes for the easy target...

Guess the one who's 'making everything much worse' here ;)

What's wrong with travel insurance btw? Whenever I go overseas I am to get insurance as I have never paid into any other countries health system. I don't expect to be helped for free.
I also use travel insurance...

However you have paid into other countries health systems, and theirs into ours...
Or do you not know what the EHIC card is all about?

So if that is abandoned who do you think benefits and who loses?

Corporates win and individuals lose! Another price worth paying?

And when the NHS becomes the 'pawn' in a US/UK trade 'deal', how much more do you think you'll end up paying for your healthcare in your own country?[/QUOTE]

People like you make everything much worse. You're so quick to judge the person who any voice of concern that it's damaging. The UK is not and doesn't have the money to give everyone and anyone in the world whatever they like if they want to live here. It's because of this lack of communication that the media and all sorts are using this to promote divide and people are rising against foreigners and that is just bloody awful.

NHS tourism is just one part of what is wrong with the UK. What's wrong with travel insurance btw? Whenever I go overseas I am to get insurance as I have never paid into any other countries health system. I don't expect to be helped for free.

I think the point he is trying to make is one of perspective but then ruins it with the rest of his arguments he adds on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back