Why cross the channel? Here's why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Concerns about foreigners means concerns about people who are foreign.

And since you mention not one single other attribute, that means concerns about people for no reason whatsoever apart from the fact that they are foreign.

So yes - that does indeed make you a racist.
Total bull. Not to mention a positive when concerned and discussing a negative does not make someone a racist - and to think so shows how out of touch you are.

It has got to this stage where people are not allowed to voice their concerns about things like health tourism fraud, immigrants, parts of religions not liked, FGM, or whatever it may be. People are slammed down for having doubts, no matter if unfounded or not.
When you call someone a racist, then you are shutting down debate. How on earth can you show people that their thoughts or information are unfounded/incorrect if you stop talking?

Sponsored Links
Xenophobia is the fear of strangers.
It's actually an irrational fear of foreigners so may, in fact, be accurate.

However in this world today; where the truth is hidden and confused by contradictory reports, misnomers by the media, the devious and the ignorant and, of course, downright lies; no one can tell what is really meant by words like this any more.

What word would you use for people who don't fear them, but hate them so much that they want to kill them?
Misoxenia? Psycopathy? Delusion that it's God's will? It would be silly to use accurate words, wouldn't it?

You seem to be contributing to this state of affairs yourself lately which I find very puzzling in view of the things you used to say.

As Diane Abacus would say "It's a choice between these 3 "
hopkins-jpg.156007

upload_2019-1-6_17-17-48.jpeg

How on earth can you show people that their thoughts or information are unfounded/incorrect if you stop talking?
How many racists have formed their opinions after a dispassionate search for and examination of actual facts and truth?

How many people are going to stop calling asylum seekers leeches, and wanting to toss them into the sea, or use lethal force on them, after you show them that their thoughts are unfounded? What information could anybody possibly provide to them to cause them to change their minds?

You cannot change by reasoning opinions not arrived at by that method in the first place.

Sponsored Links
Move a few in yours,,you know where charity begins,,,ho ho

Always that old chestnut. Using that logic then are you not against these immigrants why don't you arrest them using your legal powers of arrest.

MOD: abuse removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Concerns about foreigners means concerns about people who are foreign.

And since you mention not one single other attribute, that means concerns about people for no reason whatsoever apart from the fact that they are foreign.

So yes - that does indeed make you a racist

Divisive bulls hit and typical sanctimonious attitude of a SJW. You claim to take the moral high ground but just want to close down discussions about immigration concerns.

Many communities around this country have changed, some of that is due to immigration. There is nothing wrong with people saying they have concerns. They may well be wrong in their direction for such concerns, but branding them racist and closing down discussions achieves nothing. Well I suppose it allows you to pat yourself on the back.......

You don't need to be racist or xenophobic to have the view that you don't want people coming from other countries to claim benefits and put a strain on the country's resources. We are a small country we cannot look after the worlds poor. The solution (which removes as much money as possible from people smugglers) is to keep refugees as close to their point of origin as possible. That is not to say we shouldn't consider funding suitable projects to assist.

We should not do anything that encourages people to travel thousands of miles and pay a fortune to criminal gangs in order get to the land of milk and honey (as they no doubt are led to believe it is).

to claim benefits and put a strain on the country's resources.

You don't mind foreigners coming here to work, and contribute to the economy and to society, then.

Like immigrants as a whole, who pay more in tax than they get out, and the Europeans and others who staff the NHS which would collapse without them.

Do you approve of people who have so much get-up-and go that they will put themselves through hardships and danger to come here?

You don't mind foreigners coming here to work, and contribute to the economy and to society, then.

Like immigrants as a whole, who pay more in tax than they get out, and the Europeans and others who staff the NHS which would collapse without them.

Do you approve of people who have so much get-up-and go that they will put themselves through hardships and danger to come here?
I don't see anywhere in Motor's post that should give you any impression that he's talking about the above?

so you agree with him, and with me, then.

Divisive bulls hit and typical sanctimonious attitude of a SJW. You claim to take the moral high ground but just want to close down discussions about immigration concerns.

Many communities around this country have changed, some of that is due to immigration. There is nothing wrong with people saying they have concerns. They may well be wrong in their direction for such concerns, but branding them racist and closing down discussions achieves nothing. Well I suppose it allows you to pat yourself on the back.......
I think of my dad in law. Smashing old geezer, nice bloke. Lived in the same house in London all his 89 years. He absolutely hates going to hospital for his appointments in East London now because doesn't like the foreign docs, of which they are in the main. Why? Because he's very hard of hearing and cannot understand thick accents at all. The result is he gets flustered and angry because he feels like he can't have a say over his own medical treatment.
I completely understand and sympathise - and his complaints are valid. He's not being racist but the likes of Ellal and BAS would think he was and would rather see an 89 year old man hung, drawn and quartered because he dare say something negative about 'foreigners'.

so you agree with him, and with me, then.
WTF?

How much more evidence to the contrary could be shown to people like sodthis for them to stop going on about health tourism and benefit scroungers?
Excuse me? Go read the whole thread and get it into perspective and also point out to me what I've been 'going on about' with Health and benefit scroungers.

All welcome.

You don't find them paying £1000s to gangs to help them sneak in on 5hp tenders with barely enough fuel to get out of port, putting a strain on other resources and running up huge rescue and legal aid bills.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back