Why cross the channel? Here's why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't shoot the messenger.

Would you like to comment on the fact that this is all printed like a f'cking holiday broucher for any prospective gold hunter to claim as soon as they hit the beach?

Or even the fact that this is all our tax and NI contributions being fritted away to these leeches?
I don't think asylum seekers are leeches...
And as you just pointed out - don't shoot the messenger, complain about the system. Exactly same rule applies to the people, don't blame them for wanting a (perhaps?) better life, blame the system.

Sponsored Links
All £37.50 per migrant ?
You don't seem to be listening ..... free health care, free housing, free schooling free legal aid, free electric and gas, free grants ... even a maternity grant FFS. A bit more than £37.50, eh?

Some of these costs come from central government, others are met by local councils.

So to recap, that's money and resources being wasted on these migrants, who just what what is not available at home or in any of the several countries they pass through to the rainbow's end.

Do you get all free healthcare, free housing, no council tax, free grants? Can your son or daughter walk straight in to a free house, with free rent? Can you see your doctor at 9 AM Monday morning, or is your grandchild getting the time they should with the teacher in the class of 35?

£37.50. Lol

I don't think asylum seekers are leeches...
And as you just pointed out - don't shoot the messenger, complain about the system. Exactly same rule applies to the people, don't blame them for wanting a (perhaps?) better life, blame the system.

Argh yes, it's not the fault of the illegals scurrying across the channel, and it's totally wrong to point out that they should not be doing it - even if you're the Home Secretary.

Obviously just going to the local Embassy in your country of oppression and filling in the forms is not good enough in these liberal times.

And when you point out that the system is wrong, you get told that it's actually you that are wrong for saying that the system is wrong. o_O

£ 37 is what they get and then are sent back , 250 migrants have arrived in dinghys so thats about £ 700/800 of Taxpayers money.

A certain MP claimed more than that for expenses from the Taxpayer for his " Duck Island"

Sponsored Links
£ 37 is what they get and then are sent back
Are you just sayng that to comfort yourself.

They are here for months ... case assessments, reviews, appeals, legal challenges (free legal help too). Then there are the negligence claims and compensation claims. And that's not including any abscondind.

If you think that someone gets £37.50 and then is sent back at the end of the week, you really are a fool.

I think we can learn something from Australia. They seem to attempt to tow them back to safe waters (in the direction they came from) or take them to an off-shore location for processing. Often paying other states to settle them.

Any wannabe economic migrant would laugh at the 600k spend by the home office losing its case to deport 4 migrants back to Italy under the first country model. The high court ruled that Italy did not meet the criteria for first safe country, because there is hostility towards migrants.

While I understand why people are miffed at the money, housing and free NHS (when it costs everyone else to pay for prescriptions and eye tests etc), what's the solution here?

If you look at immigration figures over the ages, there's always been a spike when another country has a war. It's natural innit, to want to get out of that hell-hole? We can't tell which of those who sit in a boat have witnessed horror and are in real danger or those who are chancers. Do those people, in the thick of war, even get the opportunity to apply for asylum through official channels from their own country or is running seem the only option?

I have sympathy for people who are fleeing the horrors of war, I certainly don't consider them leeches. It must be flipping hard to leave behind everything you know, friends, family, get in a boat, not know if you're gong to make the journey and not know what is going to happen to you once you reach your destination. And as we all know, £37.50 a week to spend on food, clothes, toiletries is going to buy bugger all. It's living in poverty and they are not supposed to get a job. Leaving people on the streets is unethical and will create more problems.

What I will say again is that our system is utterly rubbish. Months to come to a decision on granting asylum, even longer to deport them and the cost of deportation, if someone's gone 'missing' is sky high.

Argh yes, it's not the fault of the illegals scurrying across the channel, and it's totally wrong to point out that they should not be doing it - even if you're the Home Secretary.

Obviously just going to the local Embassy in your country of oppression and filling in the forms is not good enough in these liberal times.

And when you point out that the system is wrong, you get told that it's actually you that are wrong for saying that the system is wrong. o_O
I agree, slamming down (sometimes valid) points doesn't help anything or anyone.

Neither does shi t-stirring.

Katy Hopkins is the psychical manifestation of anti immigrant paranoia, I just hope she isn't as ugly inside as she appears on the outside.
What people don't realise is that she doesn't just hate immigrants, she hates her own people as well.
A few years ago she said that people who got into debt had only themselves to blame, today she is bankrupt and is looking for a bailout from supporters, she has contempt for those she perceives as weak, disabled, the poor and others at the bottom end of society, the funny thing is that a lot of her supporters would fit into this category.

Katy Hopkins is the psychical manifestation of anti immigrant paranoia, I just hope she isn't as ugly inside as she appears on the outside.
What people don't realise is that she doesn't just hate immigrants, she hates her own people as well.
A few years ago she said that people who got into debt had only themselves to blame, today she is bankrupt and is looking for a bailout from supporters, she has contempt for those she perceives as weak, disabled, the poor and others at the bottom end of society, the funny thing is that a lot of her supporters would fit into this category.

She keeps getting sacked becsuse she is too toxic and has run out of places that will employ her.

The Guardian might appreciate her views :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back