Why cross the channel? Here's why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just on that lying toerag Daniel Hannan who rubbishes the NHS on Fox and then supports the bogus claim for extra money for the NHS post Brexit is now promoting US Healthcare companies run the NHS - like they have done a great job in the US.

So why do people keep on falling for his BS?

Sponsored Links
Well , when we leave the EU under the Brexit regulations and there is a Hard Border between Ireland we will no longer be covered by the Dublin Agreement so we will not be able to send back these illegal migrants

Another positive result for Brexit .

Well , when we leave the EU under the Brexit regulations and there is a Hard Border between Ireland we will no longer be covered by the Dublin Agreement so we will not be able to send back these illegal migrants

That's enough facts from you for one day!

I thought it was against Uk law to have a hard border between the UK and ROI?

Sponsored Links
I think the point he is trying to make is one of perspective but then ruins it with the rest of his arguments he adds on.
Perspective indeed, and merely adding facts to prove the point...

Sadly something those who have a differing view appear not to be able to do !

I thought it was against Uk law to have a hard border between the UK and ROI?
Hence the impasse and the talk of a 'backstop'...

Still, Mayhem is apparently going to give MP's all the votes they need to 'solve the problem'...

Funnily enough the people of the UK won't get that opportunity...

But hey, that's Parliamentary Democracy for you (y)

Hence the impasse and the talk of a 'backstop'...

Still, Mayhem is apparently going to give MP's all the votes they need to 'solve the problem'...

Funnily enough the people of the UK won't get that opportunity...

But hey, that's Parliamentary Democracy for you (y)

Well you can't use the sovereignty of parliament arguement both ways can you?

So as it stands, looks like Mays deal won't be voted through, and a no deal is illegal. Remain wins.

Did I say racist here?

Just because you can't/don't want to answer the question doesn't mean you can rip up the book of definitions ;)

And if only applied to some but not others, that makes you look rather stupid!

And yet you won't address the real reasons why the UK doesn't 'have the money', and instead goes for the easy target...

Guess the one who's 'making everything much worse' here ;)

I also use travel insurance...

However you have paid into other countries health systems, and theirs into ours...
Or do you not know what the EHIC card is all about?

So if that is abandoned who do you think benefits and who loses?

Corporates win and individuals lose! Another price worth paying?

And when the NHS becomes the 'pawn' in a US/UK trade 'deal', how much more do you think you'll end up paying for your healthcare in your own country?
Why would I be talking about the EHIC card? That's not what I include in travel tourism and fraud... unless you wish to include those that have been obtained fraudulently and with ease?

You have 92 posts mentioning the words racist or racism. And just 4 posts with the word xenophobe. I think we know what you truly think of people who dare mention any concerns about foreigners and I am not going to get into a semantics argument with you over this.

Yeah, but he loves running rings around notchy and pointing out notchy's numerous 'shortcomings'...

That's one of the reasons why notchy deletes/alters posts and topics so often ;)

Excellent post! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I dont remember loads of refugees / migrants travelling across into Europe in years gone by. I know there are currently lots of problens in Syria etc, but hasnt always been wars going on.

I do wonder what has changed. Or is this actually driven purely by the current situation.

There isnt really a major problem with asylum seekers crossing the channel, its nothing like the scale of Greece and Italy.

It is too easy to have a kneejerk reaction to refugees, whether genuine asylum seekers or economic migrants.

Lets not lose sight of the fact these people wouldnt be risking their lives without reason.

I bet the people that shout loudly these migrants should be dealt with harshly, would have a different attitude if they actually met a family and heard their story.

I dont remember loads of refugees / migrants travelling across into Europe in years gone by. I know there are currently lots of problens in Syria etc, but hasnt always been wars going on.

I do wonder what has changed. Or is this actually driven purely by the current situation.

There isnt really a major problem with asylum seekers crossing the channel, its nothing like the scale of Greece and Italy.

It is too easy to have a kneejerk reaction to refugees, whether genuine asylum seekers or economic migrants.

Lets not lose sight of the fact these people wouldnt be risking their lives without reason.

I bet the people that shout loudly these migrants should be dealt with harshly, would have a different attitude if they actually met a family and heard their story.
Move a few in yours,,you know where charity begins,,,ho ho

Ah, you obviously don't understand the difference between racist and xenophobe :rolleyes:
Xenophobia is the fear of strangers.

What word would you use for people who don't fear them, but hate them so much that they want to kill them?

And of course whatever their attitude to 'foreigners' may be, people are allowed to voice their concerns.
But a "friendly" site does not have to allow the voicing of hatred, of racism, of religious bigotry, of murderous policies etc.

Equally other people are allowed to point out how out of proportion those concerns are.
And they ought to be allowed to highlight the discrepancy between this:

upload_2019-1-6_16-47-29.png

and the sorts of things that woody and his fellow travellers are allowed to say.

I think we know what you truly think of people who dare mention any concerns about foreigners and I am not going to get into a semantics argument with you over this.
Concerns about foreigners means concerns about people who are foreign.

And since you mention not one single other attribute, that means concerns about people for no reason whatsoever apart from the fact that they are foreign.

So yes - that does indeed make you a racist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back