Brexit one year on - so what are the advantages?

• Thread starter Deleted member 174758
  • Start date
January 2022 means Brexit is going to get worse for many. Time for a Top Tory Brexer to announce that they are working flat out to assure Brexit is working for YOU!(y)

Much lol.

Sponsored Links
The British people can vote to change those in Government.

Those at the top of the EU.are not removable by folks like me.

That was why I voted to leave.

I accept that my decision has its price but I was and am prepared to put up with it.
Would you care to tell us how you can remove the unelected top UK civil servants?

You're just another nasty person who doesn't have a clue about reality...

And one who is prepared to see the UK go into permanent decline on an ill informed xenophobic/racist whim!

You may be 'prepared to put up with it', but that simply makes you selfish in the extreme! (n)

The British people can vote to change those in Government.

Those at the top of the EU.are not removable by folks like me.

That was why I voted to leave.

I accept that my decision has its price but I was and am prepared to put up with it.

Ignore these ****s Mr B. I know you are a man who does as he says and in doing so helped someone else. Happy New Year. Enjoy your right of opinion.

Ignore these ****s Mr B. I know you are a man who does as he says and in doing so helped someone else.
giphy.gif

Too right he did! :confused:

Sponsored Links
FIfFrs8WUAEstKz

no doubt the usual suspects will try and blame it all on pandemic

no doubt the usual suspects will try and blame it all on pandemic

Nope, quite happy to accept the reasons given in the article you show, global supply issues, rising energy costs and a rising population.

Nope, quite happy to accept the reasons given in the article you show, global supply issues, rising energy costs and a rising population.
of course you are happy with a brexit propaganda rag, its been gaslighting you for decades

meanwhile in the real world brexit is causing price increases

if you increase trade barriers with your biggest trade partner, higher prices is what you get

Would you care to tell us how you can remove the unelected top UK civil servants?

It seems the ERG have by putting members into senior places as they have seen the light. Reports have suggested it's crawling with them. Then case like yes you can be a cabinet minister providing you change your advisors. That is what a lot of the civil service is. Gov wants to do something and they look at what will happen in detail if they do change something or the other.

The main aim still seems to be avoiding EU tariffs on imports. Boris has said in his own words "now lets see if we can bring the cost of living down". Maybe that's why or maybe the idea is to bring incomes down so that stuff has to be cheaper to sell it here. Might go the way of shoddier goods or more profits for some importers or some mix of both.

We do make some steel here. Cast iron has been mentioned. One volume producer complained that he can't sell to the USA any more due to a 25% tariff. So he's going to move production for that destination to Spain as the EU has sorted the tariff out. The tariff was aimed at China as they were not prepared to limit production to keep prices at the level they want. An example of the real world. Effect on the UK - tough and no rush to sort out.Might never be and why bring it back here if it is. What other businesses are facing the same problem?

VAT figures too especially on imports from out of the UK. VAT collected by the seller on orders less than £135 when the item is sold paying UK VAT not their local one. Online market places to collect it as well. Other than Amazon who have always done that within Amazon Global I've seen no signs of this. Items over £135 VAT collected by boarder force.

So an EU seller, more likely to obey the law would register for UK VAT to meet orders of less than £135. Not only that, they would need some method of logging that sale separately from others. They can't send VAT free. It's an anticompetitive change just like others that have been just a lot more severe than changing tax free limits from £18 to £15. That was done under pressure from some retailers as were changes to Channel Isle sales. Little Britain again. Retailers not trying to sell in other markets or even offer mail order sales to other countries.Common thing for retailers to do elsewhere in the EU. Multilanguage web pages aren't that hard to create. Moaning about it all is easier.

Things change on items over £135. Some private rather then business people are buying via SEPA. An idea for business transactions to get VAT paid where the items are actually sold. Bought that way VAT is collected at the boarder when it arrives. SEPA euro payments are offered by most internet banking accounts with decent exchange rates.

One way tax has always been collected is by the carriers that handle it. No mention initially but now stated clearly that it can be done this way. The service costs more of course. Actually it looks like all EU to UK shipping costs have increased as they go through export channels now. Paperwork for instance. They may have done the other way as well.

Those that sold from the UK to the EU - well they face EU tariffs. Most will be reworking etc imports anyway so where are they left? It does seem to have ended some of these businesses but not much info around.

Good God! Talk about word salad!
It seems the ERG have by putting members into senior places as they have seen the light.
What authority do ERG have to put 'people' in 'senior places'? You mean they are retiring some MPs to retirement homes?

Reports have suggested it's crawling with them.
That'll be the drugs kicking in.

Then case like yes you can be a cabinet minister providing you change your advisors.
Can anyone translate this for me?
If I change my financial advisor, will that make me a cabinet minister?

That is what a lot of the civil service is.
Oh no it's not
Oh yes it is
He's behind you.

Well it looks like a panto'.

Gov wants to do something and they look at what will happen in detail if they do change something or the other.
That's what they're supposed to do!

The main aim still seems to be avoiding EU tariffs on imports.
There are no EU tariffs on UK imports.

Boris has said in his own words "now lets see if we can bring the cost of living down". Maybe that's why or maybe the idea is to bring incomes down so that stuff has to be cheaper to sell it here.
Lower incomes do not mean the cost of living is lower.

Might go the way of shoddier goods or more profits for some importers or some mix of both.
Like more goods or shoddier profits?

There are no EU tariffs on UK imports.

And it's quota free. What people tend to overlook is that the deal we have with the EU is better than any other country in the world has. If we can overcome the NI fiasco and resolve the 'bitchyness' over a few other issues, a great future lies ahead. I'm confident the issues will be resolved and a great future lies ahead, for all parties concerned, even the garlic munchers and the bastards that bombed my mums house.(y)

And it's quota free.
So far, but if your idol has her wicked way, that'll likely change.
Liz Truss 'willing' to override Northern Ireland-part of Brexit deal
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-59927034

The Brexit deal was to reduce or remove barriers, on goods that meet the 'country of origin' criteria.
In addition, the Brexit deal is only 12 months old (and few days), and non-tariff barriers will continue to exist.

Rules of origin

The EU-UK TCA establishes zero tariffs or quotas on trade between the UK and the EU for goods that meet the relevant rules of origin....
https://www.customs4trade.com/blog/...l-under-the-eu-uk-trade-cooperation-agreement

far far worse than the one we had.

yup, far worse in every way.
Has UK started any new checks yet?
Have they recruited the additional border guards yet?
They haven't built the additional infrastructure in NI yet.

Sponsored Links
Back