Does god exist?

Does God exist

• Yes

• No

• I don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sponsored Links
you're effectively concluding - 'the universe was created by nothing'.

IMO it's more rational and logical to conclude the universe was created by 'something' - replacing the word 'something' with god is just semantics

And btw I'm not religious...
No, I'm saying it wasn't created.

I'm not aware of anything in Astrophysics that says the universe will end either, nor anything that says there was nothing before the big bang.

You'd probably get a lot out of a brief history of time. It's an excellent read.

No, I'm saying it wasn't created.

I'm not aware of anything in Astrophysics that says the universe will end either, nor anything that says there was nothing before the big bang.

You'd probably get a lot out of a brief history of time. It's an excellent read.

IIRC there are 2 theories about the end of the universe.

First the big crush. Expansion stops and goes into reverse. No evidence for this happening.

The expansions continues until the universes energy becomes so dispersed that atoms and subatomic particles essentially fall apart and the universe becomes nothing again.

Sponsored Links
There's no reason to believe in a God, and if one did exist then it's not something that deserves praise or worship.
In the same way that other much revered, much maligned, much talked about, much praised, much worshipped, has caused deaths, suicides, marriages, marriage breakdowns and is the glue for all humanity - love.

Why should believing in God be any more silly?

In the same way that other much revered, much maligned, much talked about, much praised, much worshipped, has caused deaths, suicides, marriages, marriage breakdowns and is the glue for all humanity - love.

Why should believing in God be any more silly?
There are physical processes and mechanisms that underpin love.
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/275795

There is nothing that underpins God.

I was referring to it's size not it's age. As it stands it cannot be proved that the universe is finite or infinite.
Well the age of the universe is the key part in answering the question: Is there a god?

Because you have to ask the question... how did it get created?

There is no logic, rhyme or reason to love. Yet we embrace it like nothing else.

If you are a believer in the importance of one, then you have to see the logic (or lack of) in the other.
Not at all. As I said there are underlying physical mechanisms that can be observed at a chemical level that make up 'love'. There are evolutionary mechanisms that show why we evolved it and there is absolutely logic, rhyme and reason in love. It's just sufficiently chaotic that it's hard to predict exact outcomes.

As for God, there's none of that.
and never will be.

Sponsored Links
Back