• I don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sponsored Links
We worked ( still do) for a Hindu
Lady her husband is a Muslim

They stay in the Uk for a few months if the year

she believes in many gods (?)

she also believes in reincarnation

they had a cat ( stray) that used to come around the house which she would feed and be kind to

she believed that the cat was a reincarnation of some one she had known in her life and had come to her for help / assistance

may all be total baloney but IMO it’s not a bad way of looking at things ( quite like her belief)

Ok, any evidence for a creator?
The argument is deductive. The evidence is all around you

My argument, is otherwise known as the 'first cause argument'. The scientific consensus is that the universe was created ~14bn years ago.
But what created it? The most prominent scientific theory is The Big Bang.OK but what caused that?.. this cause and effect argument can go on for a while - the only logical conclusion is that the 'original cause' that set this whole thing in motion is an eternal being that had no beginning - aka the creator, aka god.

Sponsored Links
An alien than
call it what you want, - call it the spaghetti monster if you wish, call it the 'big bang', call it the creator, call it god. call it the devil. Just word semantics.. if you accept that there was a creator - then you do actually believe in god.

You say tomaatoe, I say tomaytoe

call it what you want, - call it the spaghetti monster if you wish, call it the 'big bang', call it the creator, call it god. call it the devil. Just word semantics.. if you accept that there was a creator - then you do actually believe in god.

You say tomaatoe, I say tomaytoe

well I will call it an alien than :cool:

Went past Stonehenge last week end

all the waffle that people have come up with as to why that place was created :confused:

probably a simplistic explanation

bunch of blokes boozed up piled some stones up for no other reason than for some thing to do :idea:

If you accept that there was a creator - then you do actually believe in god.

But as I said earlier, If the creator created Heaven and Earth, who created the Creator.

Surely he could not just spontaneously appear.

But as I said earlier, If the creator created Heaven and Earth, who created the Creator.

Surely he could not just spontaneously appear.

...this cause and effect argument can go on for a while - the only logical conclusion is that the 'original cause' that set this whole thing in motion is an eternal being that had no beginning - aka the creator, aka god.

My argument, is otherwise known as the 'first cause argument'

That old chestnut eh?

the only logical conclusion is that the 'original cause' that set this whole thing in motion is an eternal being that had no beginning - aka the creator, aka god.

There's the rub. It's not the only logical conclusion. The argument is centered around cause and effect / Newtonian physics, which apply (mostly, let's ignore weirder stuff for the sake of simplicity) within our universe.

Before the universe / the singularity, there was no time, no newtonian physics and the rules of cause and effect do not apply.

Something can come from nothing / does not need a "something" to kick it off.

A creator is not a logical conclusion. It's a possibility still, but, not the only logical one. Not even logical. If anything it's wildy incorrect as the argument applies the wrong set of rules to reach a conclusion.

The only logical conclusion is that the 'original cause' that set this whole thing in motion is an eternal being that had no beginning

To have existed for an infinite amount of time, is unrealistic, he would have created an infinite number of universes, again unrealistic.

Having made such a bad job this time, how many more attempts does he need to get things right.

That old chestnut eh?

There's the rub. It's not the only logical conclusion. The argument is centered around cause and effect / Newtonian physics, which apply (mostly, let's ignore weirder stuff for the sake of simplicity) within our universe.

Before the universe / the singularity, there was no time, no newtonian physics and the rules of cause and effect do not apply.

Something can come from nothing / does not need a "something" to kick it off.

A creator is not a logical conclusion. It's a possibility still, but, not the only logical one. Not even logical. If anything it's wildy incorrect as the argument applies the wrong set of rules to reach a conclusion.
well ok.. here are the two possible options:
  1. An eternal being created something
  2. Nothing created something
I contend option 2 is illogical.. but I respect your right to believe in it

well ok.. here are the two possible options:
  1. An eternal being created something
  2. Nothing created something
I contend option 2 is illogical.. but I respect your right to believe in

How very civilised for the Internet, eh?

I contend option 1 is illogical, however, respect your right to believe it. I'm not trying to challenge anyone's faith, rather, offering an opposing view for the heck of it.

Option 2 does however answer the question of "who created the omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent god" - without the need for there to even be one... Either god popped into existence and created the universe, or, the universe popped into existence and there is no god.

The latter takes my vote

To have existed for an infinite amount of time, is unrealistic, he would have created an infinite number of universes, again unrealistic.

Having made such a bad job this time, how many more attempts does he need to get things right.

But there might be an infinite number of universes.

Sponsored Links
Back