Does god exist?

Does God exist

• Yes

• No

• I don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think rational and objective contemplation about the universe leads one to believe that there is a creator.
Dr
Aside from that, our bodies are just a bunch of atoms. The atoms are part of the universe and never get destroyed. So where does our consciousness and soul come from? They are not part of the physical being that is our body.. when we die the atoms in our body just release back into the universe to become other gases//liquids/solids

Where does the soul go after death? Where does consciousness go? Are souls even real?
Trying to use the physical laws of the universe to define something which is metaphysical is a waste of time.
Humans only have a limited perception of reality.

Sponsored Links
I think this is possibly the best reply regarding the 'god' question....

And I see the DUP nutters have just elected a creationist who thinks the planet is only 6,000 years old...

Strange how that figure never changes...

:rolleyes:

But if your God does exist then who created him?

There are so many contradictions in the 'Bible' that so many stories cannot be believed because another story says the opposite.
First one that springs to mind is the bit that says if someone hurts you then you should turn the other cheek. Another story recommends and eye for an eye. Which one, if any, is true? Add to this the unlikelihood of blokes, and women, in the middle East having English names 2,000 years ago adds to my scepticism.
If you believe in 'A' god then that is your right and I respect it. However, where your all loving, all kindness God decides to allow children and poor people to suffer needlessly is totally beyond me.
No member of the clergy, (Catholic, Protestant or Church of England), has ever been able to answer a lot of questions I have asked them. They give me their opinion, and these often disagree with opinions of the others, and then tell me to go and 'search my soul and God will show me the way'.
Your all encompassing God created a religion which actually persecuted the longest standing beliefs of Paganism and stole, then re-branded, a lot of their festivals and ceremonies.

Sponsored Links
where your all loving, all kindness God decides to allow children and poor people to suffer needlessly is totally beyond me

Ahh, the "Free will" getout clause to explain a deity's inaction.

Who's prayers does he answer, when both sides of the battlefield are praying for victory? Does he support the fundamentalist or the opressed? Who is correct.

If he intervenes in anything, he's preventing free will. He cannot do that now, that's his gift to us.

Lets ignore the examples in the bible when he did intervene.

Reminds me of

upload_2021-5-17_10-36-46.png

Last edited:
Excellent!

I remember asking my Gran (who believed in Heaven) what would happen when she died, as she married twice.

Awkward moment in Heaven........

"Hello, darling!"

I am sure you can work it out.

My position is that I don't know. You can't prove a negative and I have not seen evidence to suggest a God exists. If you have a better suggestion, or have reasons to favour one or the other, I'd love to hear it.

I have not seen evidence to suggest a God exists
What evidence would you need in order to believe?

e.g. If you saw god appear in front of you - would that be enough? what type of evidence would work for you?

I don't know, but surely God would?

And even if it was enough to believe it certainly doesn't mean worship is deserved.

I'll go back to my earlier point. Why does anybody think that God must be worshipped? If there was a creator, how do you know that creator is even watching/listening? These are mere concepts from the Bible which, as we know, is far from reliable. I accept the point that individuals might hope and prey in certain circumstances but that's just social conditioning.

I'll go back to my earlier point. Why does anybody think that God must be worshipped?

I can sort of understand the principle. I'm part of a gang that has no leader, & the best part of belonging to that gang is that anyone with ambitions of rising to the position of leader would immediately be thrown out of the nearest window by the rest of us.

If a God exists, would it have any respect for the lickspittles . . . ?

Sponsored Links
Back