EU being spiteful again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely agree. Its too late now for the AZ vaccine in some European countries. The reputation damage is done. Even in the UK people are worried about getting the AZ vaccine because its "less effective" or "causes blood clots". Political leaders need to take personal account for the likely death toll.
That applies to the lack of action, as in BJ's case also, with his MO of doing as little as possible, as slow as possible.

Sponsored Links
I think it's hilarious that Brexers are STILL having to show the EU in a poor light in order to distract from Boris and his failures.

LET IT GO. We left.

You've got to separate the attitude of certain individuals from the EU in general. The EU were very slow off the mark but it basically put its hands up to that and has since been working to sort things out, doing a fairly reasonable job under the circumstances. Macron on the other hand is under a lot of pressure in his own Country and will do anything to try and cover his own inadequacies. I also suspect he's a bitter little twisted worm that probably sleeps with a night light.

That applies to the lack of action, as in BJ's case also, with his MO of doing as little as possible, as slow as possible.
Lets not close the tally until its over. Who would have predicted Germany would be in the thick of it after their wave 1 performance? I personally (and I doubt you'll agree with me) think individual citizens played a bigger factor and of course the variants that seem to be driving very different outcomes.

Sponsored Links
I think it's hilarious that Brexers are STILL having to show the EU in a poor light in order to distract from Boris and his failures.

LET IT GO. We left.

I'll refer you back to my earlier post... You seem to be intent on skirting around these issues.

Removing brexit and anti EU rhetoric from the equation,

The EU citizens must be extremely confused,

One minute the AZ vaccine is the one to save us all and we can't get enough of it so we must stomp our feet and shout,

Then it's no good for over 55's, then it is, then it isn't, then it's causing blood clots, no it isn't, yes it is, then there is crying that other countries are taking our vaccine from us and we need it, then maybe it does cause blood clots again but there is no evidence to the fact, but we'll pause the roll out anyway..

In the mean time very few citizens are arriving for the jab,

Italian medical approval agency are saying the decision made is political and not technical, then you have other EU leaders saying it's not political it's a safety protocol.

No wonder the poor EU citizens are in despair, at every turn they are confronted with conflicting information,

It's also adding to the anti vaxxers cause...

With all this theatre created no one in the EU is going to trust the AZ vaccine, the well has been poisoned

With all these new variants popping up, it's a very silly situation the European leaders have put themselves in.

Yes blow job didn't do very well at the start, hindered by confusing and conflicting rules, and the general public didn't help either, hence why we have a high death rate, this is also coupled with the UK'S differing way of measuring covid deaths.

On the plus side the UK appears to be moving in the right direction, I just hope people continue to be safe and not jeapordise the previous month's hard work.

With the school's now back, we'll find out in a couple of weeks how this affects the spread of covid.

Looking forward to summer and hopefully much eased lockdown rules.

We are starting to see a small uptick of infections since the schools went back - I don't think that is any surprise. We are also seeing a ramp up in vaccine roll-out again.

I have to be honest, with every lockdown measure, I thought the government were over doing it and I think I've been proved wrong with the benefit of hindsight. Where there is real blame is the lack of sharing of early information.. not just china, but Europe etc. The keep quiet and pretend we are doing well mentality can't be defended. A lot of mistakes were made in the UK, PPE, moving old people out of hospitals, unused Covid super hospitals, the odd dodgy contract etc.. but we seem to be through that now.

People have to be vaccinated otherwise this thing is never going away.

LET IT GO. We left.

I think its hilarious that the the remoaners are continuing to do the UK down & are happy when it occurs ;)

happy as pigs in wat sit :LOL:

EU what a pile of poo :LOL:

On the plus side the UK appears to be moving in the right direction,

...but we seem to be through that now.
It was a high risk strategy that fortunately paid huge rewards.
The government gambled massively and fortunately won.
If they hadn't BJ and the rest would be beating a hasty retreat by now.
"A miracle," is how one minister describes the vaccine gamble to me. A government so often lambasted by critics for busting convention did it again - but this time, so far, with a stunning outcome.
Early on the chancellor, holding the cheque book, indicated a willingness to spend at speed, without asking for guarantees.
And when it came to vaccines, the UK was ready to take an expensive gamble.
The Treasury was spending speculatively in ways it had not since the War - and vaccine spending has already reached nearly £13.5bn. "Imagine if it hadn't come off and we had spent all of that taxpayers' money," one senior official says to me.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-56361599

I think its hilarious that the the remoaners are continuing to do the UK down & are happy when it occurs ;)

happy as pigs in wat sit :LOL:

EU what a pile of poo :LOL:
Criticising Brexit, and the UK government, and pointing out the problems created by Brexit is not the same as criticising UK in general.
I appreciate you may have difficulty in differentiating the difference, but trust me, there is a difference.

I see the EU have announced further measures to stop the export of any vaccines out of the EU

They certainly have it in for the Astra Zeneca vaccine ;)

well the French have any way

EU said a 3rd wave is about to hit Europe

I see the EU have announced further measures to stop the export of any vaccines out of the EU

They certainly have it in for the Astra Zeneca vaccine ;)
Are you putting two and two together and getting a negative number, again?

EU vaccine pass port on the cards as well

Vonder wats her name

stated that EU will use all measures to safe guard EU vaccine procurement

exports of vaccine

looks like they may be declaring a vaccine war on the UK
French ;) Macron ;)

some of the remoaners will be happy ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back