Euro Terrorist Attacks

Sure, the name ISIL came into being in 1999, but (from your own link), the organisation itself originated from Abu Musab al Zaqawi (sic?), who was a Jordanian jihadist in the late 1980's, arriving (late to the party, as it happened) to fight in the Soviet-Afghan war.

To imply that ISIS / ISIL as an ideology was the result of UK and US actions in 1999 is misleading at best. Jihad was well established, long before that.
I did not suggest that ISIS/ISIL as an ideology was created by UK/US actions. It may have existed before 1999, but there is no record of it existing prior to its creation in 1999 by the semi-illiterate, criminal, drug user Jordanian.
BUT, I put that in capitals because it is a big BUT, it may have given Abu Musab al-Zarqawi just the excuse / motivation and target for his hate-fuelled reasons to start his barbaric crusade, and sufficient propaganda to encourage recruitment to his cause.

Jihad may well have been well established prior to 1999, but it was targeted mainly at Russians, Israelis or individuals such as Salmon Rushdie.
The only Islamist attacks in UK prior to 1999 (in fact prior to 2005, (7/7) I believe) were directed mainly at Jewish targets.

But my original response was to Blightymam who appeared to be suggesting that ISIS came into being around 2013.

Sponsored Links
But my original response was to Blightymam who appeared to be suggesting that ISIS came into being around 2013.
Nope I wasn't. As far as I was concerned your post, despite highlighting mine, had nothing to do with what I was saying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Something this Country can be really proud of !

yep we can. This country makes & has made some great weapons systems. sold all over the world as well :)

every arms manu needs conflict or a war ,how else would u know that your equipment was up to snuff ???

some equipment is not up to snuff & this is only found out when it is used in anger.

So you think that IS will magically go away in Britain if the UK stopped playing its part? Even tho ISIS were already bombing people prior to 2014 when the military intervention started?
You are asking the wrong questions.

Nope I wasn't. As far as I was concerned your post, despite highlighting mine, had nothing to do with what I was saying.

If you say so. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
After all what would the arms industry do if they stopped making weapons ??? get off there rse ends & manufacture

washing machines :) slip proof shower mats :) sunglasses :) ????????

After all what would the arms industry do if they stopped making weapons ??? get off there rse ends & manufacture

Or they might take a leaf out of your book, and manufacture gobshite.

How about using their skills to produce ct scanners and the like, and instead of making money out of death, they can make money out of saving lives.
Yes I know it will never, there is more money to be made out of wars.

How about using their skills to produce ct scanners and the like, and instead of making money out of death, they can make money out of saving lives.
Yes I know it will never, there is more money to be made out of wars.

trouble is some one is already making this kit & have been for years.

There is a factory or was , in Poland that made the bodies for the Russian Mig fighter air craft after the collapse of the Soviet Union ect there was no longer a demand.

As the work force were highly skilled in aluminium fabrication they became quite successful at manufacturing car bodies . In particular hand built ally

Cobra bodies that were & still are exported world wide.

(Rumour has it ??? that they may be going into washing machine manufacturing :))

Bloke on the radio this morning reckoned that there are at least 3000 islamic extremists ? being monitored by the police or on the police radar in the UK:eek:

Probably the tip of the iceberg ? (may be)

wonder how many are claiming benefits ? or sponging off the state , getting free washing machines & slip proof shower shower mats etc

Bloke on the radio this morning reckoned that there are at least 3000 islamic extremists ? being monitored by the police or on the police radar

Probably the tip of the iceberg ? (may be)

wonder how many are claiming benefits ? or sponging off the state , getting free washing machines & slip proof shower shower mats etc
You are confusing yourself now. If free washing machines were available for me, why would I need to buy a washing machine?
After all, I am not the one with a motorbike, and an american classic on the Motability scheme, and claim to be disabled!

What is it with the slip-proof shower mats? What are you suggesting?
Explain yourself!

You are confusing yourself now. If free washing machines were available for me, why would I need to buy a washing machine?
After all, I am not the one with a motorbike, and an american classic on the Motability scheme, and claim to be disabled!

What is it with the slip-proof shower mats? What are you suggesting?
Explain yourself!
Really convenient this pretending to ignore someone, especially when you want to avoid answering a question. :rolleyes:

This is just one bomb.. imagine what it's been like in these countries that have been the 1st worlds playground. I've heard uk people calling for war on social media against.. who? you can imagine how easy this works the other way round, how extremists pop up in war torn countries.

If you say so. :rolleyes:
You do this, you misunderstand what is written and convince yourself that it must be so. I know what I meant because I wrote it. Am not wasting my time explaining it to you. Done before Himmy, learned that it is a waste of my time.

Sponsored Links
Back