Face mask information.

Sponsored Links
This is the problem with the face mask concept. While you reduce your droplet spread a bit, you are more likely to get Covid on a contaminated surface in a shop and then if you take your mask on and off while going in to shops without washing your hands, then you are more likely to contaminate your face.

At least with it being mandatory its something we all have to do and will not think about it too much.

Ok but China seems to have avoided distancing with them. I do know for certain that when they relaxed lock down people could stop wearing them outside but must wear them when ever they enter a building - even their apartment blocks by the look of it.

They have also decided that asymptomatics must be spreading it. I've never really believed it was just coughs due to the way it spread and infections increased all over the country to a point where while there is some difference in infections / head it's not that huge so I asked myself what do all of these people have in common - hard to see it's anything other than shopping.

They had some air circulation experts on recently - they reckon the tiny moisture droplets we breath out can float around of ages. :( Maybe safety glasses with side shields would be a good idea.

I'd hope you're wearing the appropriate respirator...that will provide protection several orders of magnitude greater than a mask.
The majority of our politicians/press are far too stupid to distinguish the considerable difference between the two.
A mask is primarily to protect others around you from you as a carrier spreading the virus, a respirator protects the wearer against ingress of the virus.

As for that report from the doctors...they need to get out more, social distancing has all but failed, compulsory masks may however keep the public on alert.
Masks could make the public more complacent rather than alert.
Masks could create a false sense of security amongst the public.

Sponsored Links
Obviously the droplets and virus can be carried by the wind - for miles.

Another puzzle -

We are told the virus is transported in droplets yet are also told the virus can 'survive' for days on surfaces - obviously long after the droplet has evaporated.

Therefore the virus could be - anywhere - even if there are no people around.

however, droplets tend to dry out (depending on temperature and humidity) and, outdoors, to disperse.

cool, humid enclosed spaces such as meat markets and meat packing facilities have had some alarming outbreaks.

I hear that although viable traces of virus have been found lingering on door handles, no case has yet been demonstrated where infection has been passed on that way.

Choirs, church congegations, and noisy bars seem to be hotbeds of transmission.

Aerosol transmission has some weak evidence of infection. Strong evidence trumps weak evidence, but weak evidence is better than no evidence.

Maybe it's different in Belfast but around here the public have pretty much given up on social distancing, our neighbours are ignoring gov advice and freely mixing.
Our local Sainsburys workers are acting as though nothing has happened.
Local shopkeepers/minicab drivers are not taking any precautions.
Filtering FacePiece 2 and 3 respirators to UK standards are the only safe way...but they are virtually impossible to obtain as the government has requisitioned all stocks for the NHS etc.
The Chinese standards have been dismissed by the HSE as meaningless.

Who should be believed?

http%3A%2F%2Fcom.ft.imagepublish.upp-prod-eu.s3.amazonaws.com%2F8540fa5c-c5db-11ea-80a5-aebac88bb011

Maybe it's different in Belfast but around here the public have pretty much given up on social distancing, our neighbours are ignoring gov advice and freely mixing.
Our local Sainsburys workers are acting as though nothing has happened.

I live on the Sussex Surrey border and agree with you on this.

Complacency is the thing that will be the cause of a second spike.

I read this morning that it's the 20-somethings that are infected the most at the moment. The same people I've seen not distance, pack pubs out and not care. Granted, they're the age-group the most likely to survive but they also are being incredibly selfish.

I live just outside London, there's been a majority who have taken no notice of lockdown from the beginning. It seems only the elderly around here have taken it seriously.

To all those appalled at the idea of being forced to wear a mask....

Please tell me: why wouldn't you wear one?

After Michael Gove was pictured without a face covering in a Pret A Manger, Boris Johnson’s spokesman says masks will not be required when buying takeaway food

you could be forgiven for thinking that was a sarcastic joke.

But it's real

Sponsored Links
Back