Five bins

I often wonder why so many people on internet fora tend to ridicule the Daily Mail, yet isn't it one of the most popular newspapers in Britain?

I'm trying to work out what that actually means!
The mail is popular in the same way that Jeremy Kyle is popular.

...and in the same way big bruvver is popular.

...and in the same way calf tatoos are popular.

...and in the same way calling your son and daughter Tyler And Chantelle is popular.

Oh I see. I thought that honour went to The Mirror and The Sun.

May I ask which newspaper you read. The Grauniad?

Sponsored Links
May I ask which newspaper you read. The Grauniad?
I get my news and sport almost exclusively from Sky Sports and Sky News via the internet. I can even watch the Ashes in my office and still have the audio on whilst I spout my boring diatribe on here.

The wife buys the Sun on a saturday mainly for the tv mag. Even this rag presents stories so that the naive masses are 'satisfied'.

You can just see the headline - "Family Of Four Booted Out Of Home" with a picture of mom dad and two kids with glum faces looking up at the camera and the words "The latest victims of the new bedroom tax blah, blah, blah. Then on the facing page a deliberately placed story about M.P.'s wrongly claiming for housing allowances and parliamentary privileges etc.

I'm sorry that you think being called gullible is name calling but if you sincerely believe that tabloids don't embellish, sensationalise, cherry pick and manipulate news stories, for their own gain, then you are indeed gullible.

Just look just that tinsy-winsy bit beyond the surface and the whole truth is there as plain as day. And, if you can not determine that the language the Mail article uses, isn't in some way suggestive and provocative then you are also blinkered.

I get my news and sport almost exclusively from Sky Sports and Sky News via the internet. I can even watch the Ashes in my office and still have the audio on whilst I spout my boring diatribe on here.

You don't actually WORK in your office, then? :LOL:

I'm sorry that you think being called gullible is name calling but if you sincerely believe that tabloids don't embellish, sensationalise, cherry pick and manipulate news stories, for their own gain, then you are indeed gullible.

That's quite all right, Nosey. I do accept that very few people aspire to my levels of politeness. ;)

Sponsored Links
Back