I'm not racist

arron1980 said:

I was told a story a while ago about a bloke who sells 2nd hand cars. A polish guy came in looking at a car - "How much?", "£3000" he said. "OK, I'll be back"
Some time later the guy came back with a cheque from the DSS (or whatever they're calling themselves this week). Car salesman thinks this is a bit odd so rings to check it out. "Oh yeah, that's because it's easier than sorting them out with a taxi" (not even a thought towards buses!)

Now this particular story may be true or it may not - but other examples of this have made it into the press and there's no smoke without fire. .

unless its a bigoted racist stirring up racial hatred :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Now that is definately a possibility - it did come from an HGV driver, one of the many trades that English guys are struggling to find work in now.

But like I say:
arron1980 said:
there's no smoke without fire

HeHe if you want the forum to go up in a free for all punch up just mention the word "racist" this isn't the first time and it won't be the last as i've observed in all the years i've visited this forum. :D

arron1980 said:
Now that is definately a possibility - it did come from an HGV driver, one of the many trades that English guys are struggling to find work in now.

But like I say:
arron1980 said:
there's no smoke without fire

ok i live in surrey my neibour told the exact "tale " to me around four years ago except it referd to indians
i am shure it will resurface with marrocans or what ever minorirty is the target of the rasists at that point in history

Sponsored Links
Jesus wept! What have a started! Certainly stirred things up a bit! :LOL: I go away for 20? hours and 4 pages of thread have started! I was tired when I made the post last night, I will attempt to clear up a few things.

OK, many Chinese people, probably the vast majority, speak adequate English. My post was directed at the few who dont make the effort to learn, of all races. I appreciate I did phrase it wrong, looking back. My shop is next to a Chinese takeaway, so we get more Chinese people than most (though there are probably other reasons). One guy comes in and just points at the cigarette fixture. :evil: Not a word. I should know what he smokes by now, I know, but its the principle. Its rude. And ok, this is not just Chinese people, but other immigrants who dont make the effort!

Next time Mr "pointy" comes in, i'm just going to say "yes, I did a good job facing up the cigarettes, didn't I?" and see what he does. :evil:

I was also talking about the lottery - anyone know why "most" chinese people who come into my shop play the lottery? It seems odd that so many of them do it. And while it is possible to do a silent lottery transaction, it helps to be able to speak English when they haven't filled in their playslips correctly. "No" is not the correct answer to "you havent filled in enough numbers, which one shall I add on?" :rolleyes:

Also, the reason I went quiet until now is because I have been "away from the forum" in the real world. I stepped out of my front door and went to earn a living . . . . :LOL:

Yeah, mine came from Suffolk, so not a million miles!

BUT...

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/applying/asylumsupport/cashsupport
Qualifying Couple £63.07
Lone parent aged 18 or over £40.22
Single person aged 25 or over £40.22
Single person aged at least 18 but under 25 £31.85
Person aged at least 16 but under 18 (except a member of a qualifying couple) £34.60
Person aged under 16 £45.58

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/lawandpolicy/voluntaryreturn/
Voluntary Return
If you claimed asylum on or before 31st January 2007 and are considering returning to your home country, then you may qualify for a final enhanced package of assistance available under the Voluntary Assisted Return and Reintegration Programme (VARRP).

£3,500 worth of reintegration assistance available from 1st February 2007

Direct from the Home Office website

But to return to the original post - how many English come in and just grunt at you? Every nationality has its bad eggs that make the rest look like complete *heads - and this one is probably the worst. Full english breakfast in Torremolinos (sp?) anybody?

which goes back to .....no manners....not necessarily racist. Haven't we all from time to time...posted something...didnt quite mean it to come across the way some folks took it? I understand resentment....I've felt it on both sides. and to be fair, the word racist has become the "R" word....let's not go there....might actually have an opposing view on it.
I just read back on what I wrote....no manners meaning on the side of the folks who don't seem to try to put themselves in the other ones' shoes.... ;)

mlb3c said:
which goes back to .....no manners....not necessarily racist.
Indeed the people I was talking about just happened to be Chinese. It offends me that they travel all this way to live and work here, then dont make any effort to learn the lingo or try to integrate with the community (besides distributing menus).

I totally agree.

But....don't hold it against me, when I come there...saying "ya'll" and getting confused with being "pis*ed" and getting "pis*ed off"....I'm still learning...but have 51 years of southern American built in :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Crafty said:
Indeed the people I was talking about just happened to be Chinese. It offends me that they travel all this way to live and work here, then dont make any effort to learn the lingo or try to integrate with the community (besides distributing menus).
perhaps the use of the word "they" can be construed to mean all Chinese as opposed to some individuals? There are a couple of chinese men who work as engineers where i am and they speak fluently albeit a slight accent, but that can take many years to disappear, trouble is they then get typecast as cockney chinese and probably get more fun poked at them than before! Why don't people just live and let live?

I am not a racist, I am a nationalist.I believe that those who have done a service to this country in the past should be looked after before those who enter and expect a handout.
But by the same token all who are here should obey laws and not incite hatred of any kind.

tim west said:
HeHe if you want the forum to go up in a free for all punch up just mention the word "racist" this isn't the first time and it won't be the last as i've observed in all the years i've visited this forum. :D

You only joined on the 27th November 2006, so either your a liar or your really someone else in disguise.....devils advocate perhaps or just the one that fans the flames????? :?:

I think I know where crafty's coming from and I agree with him to a certain point but we should remember that it is more difficult for some nationalities to learn English than others. For me I look at the way something is said or asked of me and also the attitude with which it's delivered.......

The German word for fluffy auf Deutsch ist flaumig

ricicle said:
I am not a racist, I am a nationalist.I believe that those who have done a service to this country in the past should be looked after before those who enter and expect a handout.

What about those immigrants who are paying into the system? Who are working hard & are making payments to the IR and National Insurance?

And what about those many Brits who abuse our welfare system?

I think we have to be very careful to remember there are many immigrants who are not abusing the system & many Brits who are.

ricicle said:
But by the same token all who are here should obey laws and not incite hatred of any kind.

Thats how i feel

securespark,

with all respect, if there is room for fiddle in the welfare system, i'd rather it go to my family, than, others.

Sponsored Links
Back